Album Sales predictions-What do you think?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLR Bridge
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I wish that game was never made. When I saw previews of it that had Wolf in the dice T-shirt, I immediately became disgusted.

Comment

• DONNIEP
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
      I wish that game was never made. When I saw previews of it that had Wolf in the dice T-shirt, I immediately became disgusted.
      Hey dude, I'm with you on that. Yes, I know, there wouldn't be a Van Halen at all if it wasn't for Wolfie. I get it. But to see him in the game...well...it's just fucked up. And having said that, I humbly bow down to the 37 people who'll remind us all that Dave wouldn't be in Van Halen without Wolfie. Amen, I get it.
      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge

Fine to have Wolf in the current version of VH. But was a touch blasphemous to put him in the old band. If they want Michael excluded so bad, just don't show a bass player at all for those parts of the game.
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Catfish
          Sniper
          • Jan 2004

I don't think Top 50 after seven weeks in release is anything to pout about. Didn't it stay in the Top 20 for four weeks? That ain't bad for a rock outfit these days.

Comment

• chi-town324
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Feb 2007

I'm going to a sold out show sunday...somebody is listening

Comment

• atomicpnk47
              Head Fluffer
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by chi-town324
              Amen brother.....

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by chi-town324
                The tour is where the bread is, anyway.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• minkahed
                  Roadie
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by SunisinuS
                  The meter has changed. AAscap will tell you that. Watch what happens with any metric. The "Music Industry" wants to fool those that purchase it's product. VH is still fine. It will find it's way. I am sitting next to the record myself. Let American Idol work it's foul.

Next Week your Niece will have a poster of ADOT on her wall.

minkahed will leave it's name and number in the dumpster when it's through.

Mikey In Nickelback a Head Eater Dalliance (minkahed) is just testing his undropped testicles. The person has nothing in the Show Your Work Thread...has no experience with the industry....thinks Jersey Shore is real life and worships Kim Khardasian...no worries D.
                  All the Spine of a chocolate eclair .....
                  Hot dog and a shake

Comment

• katina
                    Commando
                    • Mar 2012

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                    I've personally seen the conversion of two kids...it was a glorious thing...two 11 year olds asking to hear Stay Frosty in the car. It was enough for me that I have given up my desire to see the record sell 37 million copies. I know that these two kids have bought and paid to download Stay Frosty, and then they both bought the whole goddamn record! The future is lookin' up
                    Good, I starved to save the money to buy VHI in 1978, but I bought it!!! And Stay Frosty!!!!!!!!!1............. There is a future..............

Comment

• minkahed
                      Roadie
                      • Jan 2012

Jeez...

Does anyone have any updated sales figures on this cd ?
                      Hot dog and a shake

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

I saw 5 at Walmart 2 days ago. I took 3 and placed them around in the NEW MUSIC, HOT MUSIC, and TOP ARTISTS little stands they had.
                        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                          Veteran
                          • Jun 2005

Originally posted by minkahed
                          Jeez...

Does anyone have any updated sales figures on this cd ?
                          In the U.S. approx 340k.
                          RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                          LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
                            In the U.S. approx 340k.

When they award gold, platinum, etc status...is it total sales? Online, physical, worldwide? Or just US? Just US physical? What exactly do they measure?

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

Each country has their own standard. Like I think in the UK it is 50,000 for gold, 100k for platinum. Cause the UK does not have near the population of the US. In the US it is 500,000 for Gold, 1,000,000 for platinum, 10,000,000 for Diamond (an award they only created I think in the 90s). Not many peeps have Diamond awards, lol.
                              Not sure if they include online sales now. It is physical sales for sure. But see, how many people download the entire album these days when buying it? iTunes has ruined that....

That is why AC/DC refuses to sell their albums on iTunes. Their opinion (and in a way I can agree) is that the album is meant to be a collection of songs. Not a bunch of individual singles.
                              Putting music on iTunes, you cannot tell iTunes they can only sell all the tracks at once, or none. Their rule is that you upload an album of 10 songs, you have to allow them to sell them individually.

So that puts the kibosh on counting towards gold, platinum, etc. because those awards are for album sales only.

Though back in the day they did have gold, platinum, etc. for sales of singles. But those were sales of 45 rpm records released to promote the albums. NOT "individual" tracks off the album as chosen by the consumer.
                              Last edited by Hardrock69; 04-09-2012, 01:15 AM.

Comment

• sadaist
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                                10,000,000 for Diamond (an award they only created I think in the 90s). Not many peeps have Diamond awards, lol.

Van Halen has 2!!

Kinda makes you wonder why they decided to call it 'Diamond'.

Comment

Working...