Album Sales predictions-What do you think?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zing!
    Veteran
    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
    Its kind of hard to sell albums WHEN YOU STAY SILENT THE WHOLE TIME! No interviews, no appearances and to top it off NO VIDEOS WITH HALF-NAKED CHICKS!
    Even a vid with fully clothed chicks would have been helpful. Some chicks. ANY chicks. Sex sells man. Look at the Bravo channel - women love it for whatever reason - even with all the implants and injections and plastic. A vid of middle-aged dudes (and one kid, briefly) doesn't spark the lurid imagination of today's music-listening public. I have no doubt there are at least a half a dozen folks here at the Army that could have directed a better vid for Tattoo...
    My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Inside.intel
      Full On Cocktard
      • May 2012

Shiny New Red Album4 days ago -- VAN HALEN Getting Along Fine, Taking a Break, Planning To Extend Tour ... Kind Of Truth LP being pressed to 180 gram red vin...

250.000 WHERE MADE HERE THE FIRST WEEK THEY STARTED MAKING THEM YESS
      Live Right here in Nashville TN always had and always will the smile with the style the voice that leaves you no choice I heard you missed me, I'm back!!!! thank you very much and how the hell are ya!!

Comment

• Inside.intel
        Full On Cocktard
        • May 2012

Dude hes doing it!!! on the return or should i say on the re-tour hes doing monster shows for his opening act ton of ppl will eat that shitt up tractor pull autographs will be flying Nashville speedway has already sent out tickets for his showing Bigfoot is his To sponsor
        Live Right here in Nashville TN always had and always will the smile with the style the voice that leaves you no choice I heard you missed me, I'm back!!!! thank you very much and how the hell are ya!!

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by FORD
          BOV1 sold 2 million copies on the strength of just two new songs, so I can't imagine the new album selling any less than that.

And that's my pessimistic outlook. My optimistic side says it does twice that much. Of course the band can help those sales figures by touring outside of North America. We know they were willing to play in Australia before that festival went to Hell in a handbasket. So that's a good sign for the rest of the planet, I guess......

So 4 million sales you say?

By when?

Comment

• ppg960
            Sniper
            • Dec 2005

ADKOT will be lucky to hit 1 million. I thought it would but I guess not.
            Went to the Winnipeg show with only 8000 people showing up-WOW!
            The place was 1/2 empty. Van Halen playing to 1/2 full areas-who ever would have thought???
            Not Me....

Comment

• Angel
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Album Sales predictions-What do you think?

Originally posted by ppg960
              The place was 1/2 empty. Van Halen playing to 1/2 full areas-who ever would have thought???
              Not Me....
              Not sure Winnipeg is the best market to judge by.

I bet they could sell out the stadium here in Regina
              Last edited by Angel; 05-30-2012, 12:04 AM.
              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• ZahZoo
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Inside.intel
                Dude hes doing it!!! on the return or should i say on the re-tour hes doing monster shows for his opening act ton of ppl will eat that shitt up tractor pull autographs will be flying Nashville speedway has already sent out tickets for his showing Bigfoot is his To sponsor
                Please quit bogarting the bong...
                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• fourthcoming

Not Me....
                  I was listening to a VH tune on the radio yesterday....99.1 in Connecticut. The song ends and the D.J. starts talking about Van Halen cancelling their summer tour. He then goes on and says exactly what Dave said in the video. He had a guest on the air with him....Jimmy Koplik....pretty well known promoter who went on to say the band was returning to alot of markets they already visited and said the sales so far were pretty thin and perhaps that was another reason it was postponed. He speculated they would do Japan and overseas and then return next year when VH hasn't flooded the same markets and tour the U.S. again. Who knows....9 times out of 10 it's usually about money.

Comment

• VAN HLN CA
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Apr 2005

Well truth be told, it's shocking to not even be gold. It's not just VH it music as a whole. Was talking to producer friend few weeks ago who's been working Paul McCartneys recent project. He says be happy your not in the industry as I probed A&R options. Nobody is doing great with sales anymore, even MaDoona latest debut and sales is lame.
                    Point is the Internet really did mess it up. I stated a while back about how we thought Lars was an ahole decade ago via Napster etc. Well unfortunately there was too much truth than anybody saw coming, it's a shame. Least when Shamy spouts off the CFoot #'s are abismal in comparison. One fun fact for RR, Quality of last VHagar disc Balance compared to VH ADKOT nuff said.....

Comment

• fourthcoming

Originally posted by VAN HLN CA
                      Well truth be told, it's shocking to not even be gold. It's not just VH it music as a whole. Was talking to producer friend few weeks ago who's been working Paul McCartneys recent project. He says be happy your not in the industry as I probed A&R options. Nobody is doing great with sales anymore, even MaDoona latest debut and sales is lame.
                      Point is the Internet really did mess it up. I stated a while back about how we thought Lars was an ahole decade ago via Napster etc. Well unfortunately there was too much truth than anybody saw coming, it's a shame. Least when Shamy spouts off the CFoot #'s are abismal in comparison. One fun fact for RR, Quality of last VHagar disc Balance compared to VH ADKOT nuff said.....
                      I know this is off topic but what is McCartney's new project? All original music? I know his most recent thing was old standards and cover tunes.

Comment

• chi-town324
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Feb 2007

I have seen commercials for the album on VH1 from time to time, especially during "that metal show"

Comment

• fourthcoming

Originally posted by chi-town324
                          I have seen commercials for the album on VH1 from time to time, especially during "that metal show"
                          Funny you say that....I did too.....commercials for the new album and tour which was odd being that the tour is postponed soon.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Not Me....
                            It sure was loud in there...didn't seem 1/2 empty to me
                            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• minkahed
                              Roadie
                              • Jan 2012

so, by May 16, 2012, "A Different Kind Of Truth" had/has scanned 369,618 copies.

It's now June 3, 2012, almost 3 weeks later, any updates ???
                              Last edited by minkahed; 06-03-2012, 07:45 AM.
                              Hot dog and a shake

Comment

• mumpy73
                                Full On Cocktard
                                • Jun 2012

ADKOT had scanned 27,475 +/- as of 22nd May. I'll get a another update this week . . .
                                What a fight to get it right, For a minute of delight . . .

Comment

Working...