Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alsip
    Groupie
    • Jul 2004

I wonder behind the scenes if Dave and Eddie have become buds again, or is this just business?

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
      Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by alsip
      I think they'll perform 3 tunes from the new album: 1)Tattoo; 2)She's The Woman; and 3)TBD

In their place, I think they'll pretty much keep the setlist from 2007-08 and omit the following: 1)Romeo Delight; 2)I'll Wait; and 3)either Atomic Punk or Pretty Woman.

I just hope Little Guitars makes the cut!
      I want to hear Dirty Movies but the double track may be too much for Eddie.

Oh dear.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by alsip
        I wonder behind the scenes if Dave and Eddie have become buds again, or is this just business?
        I honestly can't believe that they are buds again...just can't believe it...

but nearly everything they've done points to that very thing...

but I'd be shocked if that were true...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• 1971Quarter
          Roadie
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by TATTOO
          Will TOO.
          I've had the same feeling that they might open with "Tattoo". It's kinda like a victory lap - "It's 2012 and we're here with 20,000 of our best friends celebrating our NEW MUSIC, the critics are NOWHERE, and we still have 2 hours to go"

Comment

• Jagermeister
            Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by 1971Quarter
            I've had the same feeling that they might open with "Tattoo". It's kinda like a victory lap - "It's 2012 and we're here with 20,000 of our best friends celebrating our NEW MUSIC, the critics are NOWHERE, and we still have 2 hours to go"

Comment

• Zing!
              Veteran
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Zing!
              You Really Got Me
              Tattoo
              Romeo Delight
              Wolf Mini-Solo
              Runnin' With The Devil
              Beautiful Girls
              Jamie's Cryin'
              Little Guitars
              Hot For Teacher
              She's The Woman
              Dance The Night Away
              Everybody Wants Some!
              Unchained
              Drum Solo
              And The Cradle Will Rock...
              Secrets
              Bullethead
              Somebody Get Me A Doctor
              New Tune?
              Eddie Solo
              Ice Cream Man
              Pretty Woman
              Panama
              Ain't Talkin' Bout Love
              Jump
              For the record - this isn't what I HOPE they will play - simply what I THINK they will play. I would love to see them dig deep and unearth a few old gems that haven't been played in forever (or ever in some cases). The choice of YRGM as the opener is based on the last tour and the Wha? gig. Totally love to hear Sunday Afternoon piped in as the lights go out and have Unchained be the show opener - and just as much love to have Jump dropped altogether (or at the very least, play half of it in the encore and then segue into something else).
              Last edited by Zing!; 01-13-2012, 05:23 PM.
              My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• VanHalenI
                Roadie
                • Dec 2010

I wish they play:

-Light Up The Sky
                -ME WISE MAGIC
                -Dirty Movies
                -DROP DEAD LEGS

It's cool fo' me!
                I had some crazy vision, one I can't deny it
                It said "Open your eyes. Leave it all behind."

Comment

• 1971Quarter
                  Roadie
                  • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Jagermeister

Comment

• ZahZoo
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                    I honestly can't believe that they are buds again...just can't believe it...

but nearly everything they've done points to that very thing...

but I'd be shocked if that were true...
                    I'd go with buds at work... completely separate lives and little to no contact off the clock.
                    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• chefcraig
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                      I'd go with buds at work...
                      I used to, but the city introduced a random drug testing policy last year, so it simply isn't worth the risk anymore.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• VOODOO_King
                        Full On Cocktard
                        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Jagermeister
                        Let me rephrase. To the best of my knowledge they have never played it. And to the best of my knwledge I have every single bootleg live show ever recorded pre 2007. I could still be wrong though. If it does exist I would love to hear it. Thing is with that song the guitar is tuned weird. And it wouldn't sound right live anyway IMO.
                        Nope, they never did it live. They did rock Drop Dead Legs during a soundcheck in '04, though. That was pretty sweet!

Comment

• Fairwrning
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

They will do the usual playing together as they start then crank into YRGM...just like last year..slight chance of new song as opener.....I would like to see something just a bit different..a video montage with pics through the 40 years and CVH playing in the background..some interview footage thrown in...then just rip into " Light up the Sky"...

Comment

• chefcraig
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by VOODOO_King
                            Nope, they never did it live. They did rock Drop Dead Legs during a soundcheck in '04, though. That was pretty sweet!
                            I recall seeing a video clip from the Hide Your Sheep Tour featuring a duet jam between Ed and Alex that included bits and pieces of "Girl Gone Bad", two years before it turned up on 1984.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Junglestud
                              Roth Army Recruit
                              • Jan 2004

I'm thinking Romeos Delight, It's never a real popular song (I'm not saying it's not a great song). 3rd song always comes from the new album. I would love "On Fire" just don't know if Dave can pull that song off anymore. you know what lets open with "Atomic Punk"

Comment

• So this is love
                                Veteran
                                • Jan 2012

New songs

They have to do Jump to satisfy everyone I am ok with this, but I would like them to do Me Wise Magic as well. Basically, all I want is a different show than in 07-08. I attended three shows back then. If they only do 3-4 different songs than 07-08 how am I going to convince my wife to attend more than one????????
                                Also, can anyone tell me why they always seem to start the freaking show when I`m at the beer counter...and yes they have to play I`ll wait and or drum solo to get new drinks and for a piss. I wonder if they will take a break in the show I hope not.
                                Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

Working...