Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scottydabodi
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jun 2004

I really want to see "Light up the Sky".... or "Yankee Rose". Wait, what?
    If you listen to fools
    The Mob Rules

Comment

• diamondclaudio
      Roadie
      • Jan 2004

Well, I guess he´d try his octave thing on some parts of it, a`la ultimate 2012 " She`s the woman", same way he did with " atomic punk" at Finland 99.
      Opinions?

Comment

• chi-town324
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Feb 2007

never happen but "light up the sky would kill" they really should always open with eruption the first song on the first record...going into you really got me...

Comment

• TJMKID
          Veteran
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
          How 'bout a solo Dave song mixed in...

The only DLR solo tune I'd love to see on the tour would be "Damn Good".

They could turn that into a tearjerker moment for the concert ---- Dave & Eddie sitting on stools at the front of the stage ---- photos from the '76-'84 era being shown on the big screen as they play

Comment

• WARF
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

They should throw in ME WISE MAGIC live as a surprise, just once for shits and giggles!

Comment

• diamondsgirl
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Apr 2004

I think Youre No Good should be after Tattoo. They used to kick ass doing it live. Not sure about Daves screams now tho.
              “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• redfire
                Head Fluffer
                • Feb 2004

. I think the opener and the closing numbers be the same as the cafe Wha setlist: You Really Got Me and Unchained.
                Eat Us and Smile!

Comment

• redfire
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by diamondclaudio
                  I heard they never played Top Jimmy live because of an electric accident or so, it could have killed Edward while they where rehearsing it, so Eddie decided to ban it forever. Is this a kind of truth or a different kind of kabala? I guess it is just gigolie, he,he... Roth on!!!
                  Top Jimmy is in a ridiculous tuning. It's like a dagdaD tuning for that intro with all the natural harmonics, but then Ed's standard Eb tuning for the verses and chorus. It would require two guitars to be on stage, ala Yngwie.
                  Eat Us and Smile!

Comment

• Fairwrning
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

What are the odds of an acoustic set included?..They are putting an acoustic version of " Beautiful Girls" on the deluxe cd and released a statement saying BG would be in the setlist..

Comment

• VanHalenI
                      Roadie
                      • Dec 2010

if there's acoustics... "Women in Love" would work...
                      I had some crazy vision, one I can't deny it
                      It said "Open your eyes. Leave it all behind."

Comment

• redfire
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by VanHalenI
                        if there's acoustics... "Women in Love" would work...
                        Women in Love would be great. If they played it I would be shocked, truly shocked...
                        Eat Us and Smile!

Comment

• So this is love
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2012

[QUOTE=redfire;1594563]. I think the opener and the closing numbers be the same as the cafe Wha setlist: You Really Got Me and Unchained.[/QUO!TE]

NO!!!!!!
                          Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• So this is love
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2012

[QUOTE=redfire;1594571]Top Jimmy is in a ridiculous tuning. It's like a dagdaD tuning for that intro with all the natural harmonics, but then Ed's standard Eb tuning for the verses and chorus. It would require two guitars to be on stage, ala Yngwie.[Th/QUOTE]

Two guitars ....the guy just gave up 75 guitars to LA schoolS... I don't thiNk its a problem..WHAT A GREAT PARTY IT WILL BE..
                            Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• Terry
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by So this is love
                              I would like to see them open with Tattoo to set the tone for the night...I'm starting to dig this song

In fact I would like them to play the entire new album first before getting to the oldies...I'm ready for new VH/DLR stuff, I have full confidence that the 13 songs will be that good.
                              Yes, but Van Halen shows have always opened with high-energy tunes. I'm digging Tattoo as well, but it's a bit understated for an opening number.

The US Fest one-two punch of Romeo Delight and Unchained would be a killer way to open the show. Depending on how good the new stuff is, I'd certainly want to hear more of it than just two tunes. Dunno about the entire album, but 4 or 5 tracks...why not?

Far as the oldies go, I think Vinnie Velvet might be onto something when he says they'll probably along the same lines as the last time around. Maybe one or two deeper CVH tracks substituted for a couple of the deeper CVH tracks played last time around.
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• David Lee Rocks
                                Sniper
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                                How 'bout a solo Dave song mixed in...
                                would not hurt my feelings at all if they threw In Shyboy, i bet lotts of people wouldnt even know its a Dave solo tune, they would just think it was a new VH tune

Comment

Working...