• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 78/84 guy
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by moose
    holy fuckk
    the geetar on China Town is fuckin amazing!!!

Damn this album kicks sum serious ass!!!
    So is the one on As Is !! Ed gets that one rolling man !! A little more volume in the headphones please !!

Comment

• Fairwrning
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

The best way to listen to this is definitely through headphones..mind-blowing.IMPOSSIBLE to pick one single fave...just when one song blows you away, the next is just as good..Literally go from goosebumps to shear adrenaline..." Little more volume in the headphones please"...
      This is officially my fave Van Halen album ever...worth every second of the wait..Congrats to Ed,Dave,and Al for getting their shit together and recording one of the greatest rock albums ever...And Wolf gets to do this with his Dad..not too shabby..

Comment

• coolstillwater
        Roth Army Recruit
        • Feb 2012

VAN HALEN IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..............been lurking at vh links and it seems the every one is an agreement!!!! MY GOD I THOUGHT THIS DAY WOULD NEVER COME!!!!!!!! WOW WOW WOW Can we dare ask for more ?

Comment

• Unchainme
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Apr 2005

I pumped up it in the car..

fuck..I stayed in my driveway...just sitting back and listening to the greatest fucking rock band ever do it's stuff.
          Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• DLR Bridge
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I'm so damn happy about this album. They really did a phenomenal job. Favorite is As Is. That would have been the perfect album closer. The band literally becomes a spark on the horizon with Dave la la la-ing behind the wheel. The E-bow swells represent the trail of smokey dust they left in their rear view mirror.

Also very glad the lyrics were enclosed. Lots of times where it's hard to make out what Dave's saying, mostly when he sings in the key of Indeedido, like in Outta Space & Beats Workin. I thought in Honeybabysweetiedoll, he was saying stray dog faces, not straight up aces.

Just an observation, but there are more than one occasion where it sounds like a Dave scream, hoot or hollar has been transplanted from the 6 pack isolated tracks or something. His shriek at the end of the solo in On Fire quite possibly shows up at the end of the second solo in Stay Frosty. I'm not going to sight the other instances as I just plain old hope I'm wrong. They wouldn't do that, right?

In any case, it's amazing. I look forward to discussing the finer points of the CD, but I need to go listen some more.
            Last edited by DLR Bridge; 02-08-2012, 12:08 AM. Reason: Too excited and tired

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

I think the Stay Frosty one is real...

The one at the end of the solo in As Is is from Thug Pop...

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                Commando
                • Apr 2006

I got a copy on Saturday, so I have listened to every song at least 15 times. With that said, there is one question that keeps popping into my head. Why was Tattoo the lead single when there are so many other smoking tunes to choose from? Hey, I'm completely blown away, but what about the rest of the casual fans that might not realize how heavy the album is?

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Blood and Fire should have been the lead single, followed by You and Your Blues and finally, Tattoo...

Comment

• Zing!
                    Veteran
                    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by mug
                    Zing you must do that for a living because you nailed it.
                    Thanks man - I appreciate it. But it's not my words, it's their music. The crazy part is, I called the dude that turned me on to Van Halen in the first place all those years ago to share my excitement, and he was all: "I don't know man. 'Tattoo' sucked. The video sucked. I was so disappointed..." I gave him the talk of all talks. Like the rock and roll version of the Emancipation Proclamation. Laid it on the line and uttered the words that will grab any fool's attention who has a reasonable knowledge of Van Halen's first six albums: "It's that good." It would be a shame to judge this record by the fist single alone - but even that is part of the bigger picture. As for my review - it's a work in progress and can (and will) change the more I listen to this album.
                    My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Al sounds awesome on this disc..He and Wolf can groove..

Comment

• gbranton
                        Veteran
                        • Aug 2005

SO many classic lyrics in there:

"I'm a face grenade with the sex pin pulled."

"Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass, go home the earth is full."

"Got a doorbell sign that says bring it but don't ring it."

"Listen to a beer glass, that river belongs to me."

"Heroes aren't born they're cornered, this corner is where we write the story."

I'll be listening to this for years. NO Dave.....thank YOU for the Dream....
                        "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by ELVIS
                          I think the Stay Frosty one is real...

The one at the end of the solo in As Is is from Thug Pop...
                          Shit. Say it ain't so.

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

It is so...

And the one at the start of As Is sounds like VHII - probably Bottoms Up...

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

Oh, and to add insult to injury, the one from Thug Pop is from King Of The Hill...

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by ELVIS
                                It is so...

And the one at the start of As Is sounds like VHII - probably Bottoms Up...
                                Right before, "I been sitting here bout half the night..." Pretty close call. What the frig?

Comment

Working...