Van Halen--TOUR REHEARSAL--LA--FORUM--2/8/12--Roth Army Exclusive!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • So this is love
    Veteran
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
    Charlie Sheen @charliesheen
    I've waited 25 years for last night. it was worth every second .... welcome back Dave Roth. Rock has a new sherriff

NOW this is BEYOND A KICKASS POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• indeedido
      Veteran
      • Feb 2004

Is. Charlie missing a few teeth?
      This space for rent.

Comment

• kwame k
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by VAiN
        Fair enough, but I can't help but feel there's some hypocrisy going on... owning a domain that generates revenue off of the VH name, advocating staying home when VH is in town and then taking full advantage of VH/Dave's more then generous offers to be included.. pretty sure Dave & the guys aren't aware of that. Not to mention Wolf, who he was more than happy to hang with.
        Never got into the feud between his place and here........only time I've ever been there has been when people have linked shit here to his place.

The dude has always been cool to me so it's the only frame of reference I have and besides.......we've all said and done shit that is better left in the past.

I mean look at the band we love.....Jesus, if they can let go of it and move forward, so can I

Fuck bro, you know I respect your opinion and I get your point but at the end of the day his site, this site and the other one means our band is getting enough buzz generated around it that we might get a #1 album here.

Now that would fucking kill Spammy and in the end, isn't that what we all want
        Originally posted by vandeleur
        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• kwame k
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by indeedido
          Is. Charlie missing a few teeth?
          That's the least of his "problems"
          E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• So this is love
            Veteran
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by kwame k
            That's the least of his "problems"
            I have been rich and I have been poor and rich is better...the kids are in good hands ah! Denise..
            Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• kwame k
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Feb 2008

Wining

Comment

• devildawg
                Full On Cocktard
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Sensible Shoes
                One question and one observation.

Regarding the ringing ears. Last concert some of my friends wore earplugs at the concert and I was stunned. They said 'Oh yeah, you have to do this or you're going to be deaf for 2 days." And of course, I was. This time I am in for 3 concerts in one week and just wondering how many of you wear earplugs and how many go bareback, so to speak.
                Being a drummer, I always wear Hearos ear plugs when I play a gig or go to see say "The Spazmatics" here in the Bay Area.

You can find them at Guitar Center. They look like a normal earplug but the stem of it is plastic and hollow with a filter in them.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by devildawg; 02-10-2012, 09:45 PM. Reason: add pic

Comment

• VAiN
                  Use my hand, I won't look
                  ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

this site and the other one means our band is getting enough buzz generated around it that we might get a #1 album here.

Now that would fucking kill Spammy and in the end, isn't that what we all want
                  110%
                  Originally posted by wiseguy
                  That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• kwame k
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by devildawg
                    Being a drummer, I always wear Hearos ear plugs when I play a gig or go to see say "The Spazmatics" here in the Bay Area.

You can find them at Guitar Center. They look like a normal earplug but the stem of it is plastic and hollow with a filter in them.
                    Every since I developed Tendinitis....from playing drums, I used earplugs, too!

You can never cure it but you can keep it from getting worse

Comment

• kwame k
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by VAiN
                      110%

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by devildawg

i usually grab an extra pair of ear plugs from work. they're not the fancy musician ones with filters or whatever though, they muffle the shit out of EVERYTHING. we've gone to custom fitted ones but mine are out for repair, maybe i will have them back by the Buffalo show and i'll try 'em.

i think i wore plugs at the beginning of the '07 Montreal show but i took them out, didn't seem so painfully loud in the 12th row.
                        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Brett
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                          No, you're right.... But in the front row, it was quite loud, to say the least....

I wasn't hearing the singing nearly as clearly as I'm hearing it on the videos....
                          Me neither...it sounded a lot better live than it was watching my vids. I was surprised. We were so fucking close, it was really loud.

Comment

• gbranton
                            Veteran
                            • Aug 2005

Truth be told...I boycotted the 07/08 tour because of the early YouTubes, the piped in conspiracy and the bad reviews[Ed being fucked up and barely able to play].
                            I did the same, a victim of bad reviews and the eight hundred pound elephant in the room.......my fear that the magic was lost. I didn't want those childhood posters pinned on my bedroom wall to get pissed on....
                            "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

this rehearsal sucked at some points and it surely wasn't Dave's best night...but that's why it's called rehearsal and not premiere...but after hearing the intro to China Town I hope I never have to read about some piped in bass anymore! hey can you hear me out there?
                              Roth Army Icon
                              First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

From Twitter...

"I've waited 25 years for last night. it was worth every second .... welcome back Dave Roth. Rock has a new sherriff."

Comment

Working...