Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Golden AWe
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

I actually wish I'd meet Wolfie one day. Perhaps more than DLR and Eddie. I could ask him about the size of his role on how VH and Dave got back together. And then shake hands and thank him personally, and wish him luck.
    Originally posted by Cato
    Golden, why are you FAT?
    Originally posted by lesfunk
    Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
    http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• chi-town324
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Feb 2007

the kids backing vocals helped Dave quite a bit in Chicago!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by conmee
        Yeah, but here, that's like a badge of honor, Nat...

That is all.

Icon™©®
        that's why I wanted to state that clear!

Roth Army Icon
        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• mdk1967
          Roadie
          • Feb 2004

There would be no new van halen tour or album without wolf in the band, says valerie

She'e right.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Since her ex-husband Eddie Van Halen so far isn’t doing any interviews in support of his band’s new album and tour, Valerie Bertinelli called into WRIF Detroit’s Drew and Mike show to talk about how the band, and specifically their son Wolfgang, is doing out on the road.

The ‘Hot in Cleveland’ actress was proud to talk about her son’s skills – “Wolfie can definitely back up everything with his playing, you can’t deny that he is an excellent bass player and an excellent musician, his voice is amazing.”

She also addressed Van Halen fans upset that her son took over founding bassist Michael Anthony’s role in the band, and explained it’s the only way Eddie would be making musical publicly. “I loved Mike too, I thought he was a really nice guy, still do,” Bertinelli explains. “But the only way this tour is happening is because Eddie gets to play with his son Wolfie. Otherwise, this tour wouldn’t be going on, it really wouldn’t.”

According to her, the lure of playing music with their son is the main factor that convinced the guitar wizard to get the band back together: “This brings joy to Ed, and that’s what he wants to do now, just have fun playing. As great as Mike is, this wouldn’t be happening if Mike was still in the band.”

She also has a message “for any of the fans that are truly angry that Mike’s not in the band… at least they get to see a version of the band. You’re getting to see Dave and Ed and Al play together. I know I’m a little prejudiced but.. my son kicks ass! And Ed’s playing better than ever, you’ve gotta give him that.”

As to how the about-to-be 21 Wolfgang is doing on the road, well, shocker, “he’s having the time of his life. I try to tell him not to read the internet, but he reads some of the horrible things that people say, no matter what they’re not going to be pleased. I try to tell him, ‘you’re not going to please everybody, it’s impossible.’ Especially people who are so passionate about this band. But he’s having such a great time, I think those naysayer voices are fading quickly in the back.”

She also revealed that her son has been taking lots of vocal courses — “he does his homework!” — and got his high school degree just recently after missing much of the 11th grade due to being out on the band’s 2007/08 tour.

Did she have any words of warning for her former sparring partner David Lee Roth, about how to treat her child on the road? “No, Dave doesn’t need to have any words from me. He’s a grown man, he knows how to treat people. Everything with Dave is water under the bridge. I think he’s doing an amazing job. I run into him very infrequently, but when we do it’s always pleasant.”

As to why she’s so friendly with her ex and his bandmates: “With age comes wisdom, I guess. I always choose to look at the good side. These are really great people. This is my son. I just want him to be happy. And this is a dream come true for Ed.”
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Catfish
              Sniper
              • Jan 2004

I don't trust a thing that whore says!

Comment

• mdk1967
                Roadie
                • Feb 2004

Wolf on drums too?! DAMN!

Comment

• NIN1211
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                  Since her ex-husband Eddie Van Halen so far isn’t doing any interviews in support of his band’s new album and tour, Valerie Bertinelli called into WRIF Detroit’s Drew and Mike show to talk about how the band, and specifically their son Wolfgang, is doing out on the road.

The ‘Hot in Cleveland’ actress was proud to talk about her son’s skills – “Wolfie can definitely back up everything with his playing, you can’t deny that he is an excellent bass player and an excellent musician, his voice is amazing.”

She also addressed Van Halen fans upset that her son took over founding bassist Michael Anthony’s role in the band, and explained it’s the only way Eddie would be making musical publicly. “I loved Mike too, I thought he was a really nice guy, still do,” Bertinelli explains. “But the only way this tour is happening is because Eddie gets to play with his son Wolfie. Otherwise, this tour wouldn’t be going on, it really wouldn’t.”

According to her, the lure of playing music with their son is the main factor that convinced the guitar wizard to get the band back together: “This brings joy to Ed, and that’s what he wants to do now, just have fun playing. As great as Mike is, this wouldn’t be happening if Mike was still in the band.”

She also has a message “for any of the fans that are truly angry that Mike’s not in the band… at least they get to see a version of the band. You’re getting to see Dave and Ed and Al play together. I know I’m a little prejudiced but.. my son kicks ass! And Ed’s playing better than ever, you’ve gotta give him that.”

As to how the about-to-be 21 Wolfgang is doing on the road, well, shocker, “he’s having the time of his life. I try to tell him not to read the internet, but he reads some of the horrible things that people say, no matter what they’re not going to be pleased. I try to tell him, ‘you’re not going to please everybody, it’s impossible.’ Especially people who are so passionate about this band. But he’s having such a great time, I think those naysayer voices are fading quickly in the back.”

She also revealed that her son has been taking lots of vocal courses — “he does his homework!” — and got his high school degree just recently after missing much of the 11th grade due to being out on the band’s 2007/08 tour.

Did she have any words of warning for her former sparring partner David Lee Roth, about how to treat her child on the road? “No, Dave doesn’t need to have any words from me. He’s a grown man, he knows how to treat people. Everything with Dave is water under the bridge. I think he’s doing an amazing job. I run into him very infrequently, but when we do it’s always pleasant.”

As to why she’s so friendly with her ex and his bandmates: “With age comes wisdom, I guess. I always choose to look at the good side. These are really great people. This is my son. I just want him to be happy. And this is a dream come true for Ed.”
                  Thanks

Shit SPAM SHOULD BE A GENIUS!!!!!

Hey psycho, please get out of my Van Halen T-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up.

Comment

• Catfish
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                    That's funny. Not really what she was communicating in '07-'08 when she oh-so-conveniently timed the release of her tell-all book and its promotional tour ALONG WITH the Van Halen tour (providing even more distractions for Wolfie, who was then only 16!). I guess she can say things like this when there's nothing for her to promote.

BITCH!

Comment

• Catfish
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2004

And another reason Val is incorrect: There would be no Van Halen without DAVID LEE ROTH!

Comment

• SunisinuS
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • May 2010

Originally posted by mdk1967

Damn straight she is. Water unders deh bridge I says.

The Band that I came to see is back together.

Wolfie is part of that band.
                        Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • May 2010

Originally posted by Catfish
                          That's funny. Not really what she was communicating in '07-'08 when she oh-so-conveniently timed the release of her tell-all book and its promotional tour ALONG WITH the Van Halen tour (providing even more distractions for Wolfie, who was then only 16!). I guess she can say things like this when there's nothing for her to promote.

BITCH!
                          Really. How many times have you met her? Ever go out with her? Marry her? Just have lunch? Ahh I see, all you know about her is People Magazine. You should be telling Ed and Wolf and Dave and Alex how to treat her at this very moment since you know her better than they do.

That is all@
                          Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• DLR'sCock
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by mdk1967
                            Wolf on drums too?! DAMN!

I saw this months ago, the kid has IT.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

I owe a LOT to Wolfy. Took me awhile to realize it, but it was the Cafe Wha' gig performance of "She's The Woman" that really turned my head around and slapped the shit outta me...

It is due to Wolfy that this AND the 2007-2008 tour took place.

WE owe him a lot.

Comment

• Yount
                                Commando
                                • Jan 2012

ha ha. Could go either way with Val but they're some pretty positive things coming out of her mouth. What ever motive (if any) she has kinda pales when you read things like:
                                “This brings joy to Ed, and that’s what he wants to do now, just have fun playing."
                                "These are really great people. This is my son. I just want him to be happy. And this is a dream come true for Ed.”

Ed's head must have been to some pretty dark places

Comment

Working...