Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

I know I'll get reamed for this...but I ain't buying it. Ed could have played music with Wolfgang from now until he croaks. Ed, Al and Wolf could have put out 37 records between '98 and today, just with all the music Ed claims he recorded over the past 20 years. I am so sick and fucking tired of people minimizing Dave's contribution to this band. And that's what it comes down to. "If it wasn't for Wolfie, Dave wouldn't be in the band." I'm not minimizing Wolfie's influence on his dad, even though he couldn't get him to straighten the fuck up before his marriage dissolved and Ed's ex-wife published a self-serving, money-grabbing, tell-all book about how horrible life was with Ed. So what? She married a member of Van-Fucking-Halen - did she really NOT expect him to drink heavily, fuck around, and snort blow off of their wedding picture??

The bottom line is this - If Ed EVER wanted to play live as Van Halen again, or wanted to put out a record, especially after the last abomination that involved Slappy, he only had ONE choice. Dave, Dave, DAVE!!! Edward had to suck it up and get with the program. And I refuse to believe that Dave was sitting by the phone, waiting for the fucking call.

Amen, fuck me. The day I believe that Dave earned a gig and completely bought into the whole fucking thing, simply because Ed's kid said so...well, that's the day that I toss in my Roth Army shirt and set fucking fire to it. And now, the benediction
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• K-tuna
      Groupie
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Catfish
      That's funny. Not really what she was communicating in '07-'08 when she oh-so-conveniently timed the release of her tell-all book and its promotional tour ALONG WITH the Van Halen tour (providing even more distractions for Wolfie, who was then only 16!). I guess she can say things like this when there's nothing for her to promote.

BITCH!

Shut The Fahk up....are you there, were you there?

Godamn. You got a new VH album...you should be thankful its out.

Oh and BTW, Dave wouldn't have shit to sing if Ed didn't get his ass in gear and they didn't have him come back. Tired of seeing senseless negative bullshit from the likes of dumbasses just like you that have nothing to do but complain.
      Daves Back, Eds good and the band is Kicking ass...WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU BITCHING FOR?

Val was nothing but positive, but shit-idiots have to turn EVERYTHING into a negative.

FUCK....OFF.
      "I Don't feel tardy...."

Comment

• Angel
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Don't mind the Catfish. He's our neighbourhood scum-sucking bottom feeder. Really Catfish, when are you going to join the rest of us and grow up? BTW, Switch is digging out the strap-on for ya!
        "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Angel
          Don't mind the Catfish. He's our neighbourhood scum-sucking bottom feeder. Really Catfish, when are you going to join the rest of us and grow up? BTW, Switch is digging out the strap-on for ya!
          So is Catfish wrong? Really? I'm talking about his 2nd and 3rd posts...

Comment

• Golden AWe
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

What next? Valerie says Wolfie played guitar, drums and sang on the album
            Originally posted by Cato
            Golden, why are you FAT?
            Originally posted by lesfunk
            Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
            http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
              I know I'll get reamed for this...but I ain't buying it. Ed could have played music with Wolfgang from now until he croaks. Ed, Al and Wolf could have put out 37 records between '98 and today, just with all the music Ed claims he recorded over the past 20 years. I am so sick and fucking tired of people minimizing Dave's contribution to this band. And that's what it comes down to. "If it wasn't for Wolfie, Dave wouldn't be in the band." I'm not minimizing Wolfie's influence on his dad, even though he couldn't get him to straighten the fuck up before his marriage dissolved and Ed's ex-wife published a self-serving, money-grabbing, tell-all book about how horrible life was with Ed. So what? She married a member of Van-Fucking-Halen - did she really NOT expect him to drink heavily, fuck around, and snort blow off of their wedding picture??

The bottom line is this - If Ed EVER wanted to play live as Van Halen again, or wanted to put out a record, especially after the last abomination that involved Slappy, he only had ONE choice. Dave, Dave, DAVE!!! Edward had to suck it up and get with the program. And I refuse to believe that Dave was sitting by the phone, waiting for the fucking call.

Amen, fuck me. The day I believe that Dave earned a gig and completely bought into the whole fucking thing, simply because Ed's kid said so...well, that's the day that I toss in my Roth Army shirt and set fucking fire to it. And now, the benediction
              I get the feeling that, left to his own devices, Ed would have been happy to make home studio recordings and live off the proceeds of his music gear endorsements and royalties. It is obvious Ed gets a lot of pleasure in playing music with his son. I also get the feeling that Wolf was an advocate of getting Dave back into the fold. I also get the feeling that Ed would have been content to continue sinking into the abyss far as his drinking and drug abuse went, and that Wolf being part of the band gives Ed a reason to try as hard as he can to stay sober and be healthy.

Realistically, yes, by 2006 if Ed wanted to play arenas again as a part of Van Halen, getting Roth back in the band was probably the last move he had left to make.

Put it this way...Mike Anthony was there from 1996 to 2004, during which...what...at least three different attempts to reunite with Roth were made. One out of three got as far as the stage of actually releasing some music. None of the three resulted in a tour. Since Wolf joined the band, we've got two tours with Dave and a new album.

Plus, don't forget that without Mike Anthony leaving Van Halen, the world would never have heard the music of Chickenfoot.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Terry

Plus, don't forget that without Mike Anthony leaving Van Halen, the world would never have heard the music of Chickenfoot.

A great thing about Mike & Sammy being in Chickenfoot is that I don't have to hear them anymore to listen to Eddies guitar.
                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

You're right, since Wolfie joined the band they've cranked out an album and two tours. And I'm not wishing for Mikey to come back - I think Wolfgang has earned his spot in the band. I'm just sick and tired of people saying that if it wasn't for Wolfie, Dave wouldn't be in the band. I mean, we ARE talking about Van Fucking Halen, right??? Who else would be out front, other than Dave??? To hear all this shit one would think that we are all lucky that Wolfie didn't like the sound of Sammy's voice better than Dave's. Yes, I know, he supposedly liked the CVH music better too.

I do believe I need a drink

Comment

• Mr Walker
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                    I try to tell him not to read the internet, but he reads some of the horrible things that people say, no matter what they're not going to be pleased. I try to tell him, you're not going to please everybody, it's impossible. Especially people who are so passionate about this band.
                    Wolf,
                    Anybody who is saying horrible things about you and the band at this point in time are either fags or retards... or maybe ELVIS.
                    We have your back here at the Army son!
                    Fuck everybody else!

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

Remember also Wolfie was tagging along on the 2004 tour and probably saw Sammy and/or Mike say some bad shit about his dad or do lame shit & shenanigans. Remember this clip? That stuff sticks in a young boys mind. When you are 12 your dad is a superhero. You don't take kindly to other dudes ripping on him.

*Dave has far too much class to ever pull some bullshit like this.
                      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Zing!
                        Veteran
                        • Oct 2011

She defends Wolf which is understandable. She compliments Ed, which nice - and even speaks well of Dave. But I still have a hard time forgiving her for releasing her 'tell-all' book during the last tour. Ed was in an extremely fragile state at that point - he could have went either way... hell he could be dead right now. When he was sober he was on fire, but when he slipped up his playing wasn't the sharpest. He needed support from all the people he cared about to make him want to get better. Instead she chose to cash in on his fame to sell a few more books. I think it was that book that almost derailed Ed and that entire tour. She's not quite as shameless as Spammy, but that was a page right out of his playbook.
                        My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

I'm glad to see Wolfie come into his own with this album and tour.

I was not a fan of the idea back in 2007, and I was one of the Mikey supporters. But Wolf's impact and influence is undeniable, and he has done something that Michael Anthony could NEVER have accomplished. He galvanized the band and brought Dave and Ed back together. This is the "something crazy happens" that Dave references in 'Blood and Fire', and it's why we're all victory dancing right along side of him.

And in the 5 years since, Wolf has grown into a great singer and incredible bass player. I still like Mike, even if I question the company he keeps these days. But he is not missed in Van Halen nearly as much as I once thought he would be.
                          Originally posted by perilouspete
                          fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

Bottom line, end of story...there would be no new Van Halen tour or record without Dave. Period. Carve it in stone that Donnie said that 'cause I fucking mean it. I'm not knocking Wolf or minimizing his contribution to the new record or this tour. He earned his stripes and he's more than capable of taking up Mikey's slack. But in my reality, Ed finally wised up and realized that the only way to go forward and get back on the big stage was by calling up Dave - the same Dave who's been touring pretty much non-stop, with a few exceptions, since he left VH. I'll even go ahead and say it - Dave was my hero when I was a teenage kid. And fuck it, he still is...And before everyone slams me...this IS the Roth Army, right??? Roth first, Van Halen second. That's why I joined up here. That's why I wear my Roth Army shirt with pride! And in my opinion Eddie and Al and Wolfie should be fucking grateful that DAVE took their call and went out on tour with them!

Comment

• Zing!
                              Veteran
                              • Oct 2011

Wolf automatically gets props just for the fact that he can say: "I had to go back to get my high school diploma because I missed eleventh grade touring with Van Halen."
                              My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Zing!
                                Wolf automatically gets props just for the fact that he can say: "I had to go back to get my high school diploma because I missed eleventh grade touring with Van Halen."
                                Too true

Comment

Working...