X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by DONNIEP
    Amen, fuck me. The day I believe that Dave earned a gig and completely bought into the whole fucking thing, simply because Ed's kid said so...well, that's the day that I toss in my Roth Army shirt and set fucking fire to it. And now, the benediction
    Better get a fucking match then...

And a clue...

Comment

• DONNIEP
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
      Better get a fucking match then...

And a clue...

You're probably right
      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Eddie and Al and Wolfie should be fucking grateful that DAVE took their call and went out on tour with them!
        Ed probably is, but Dave was waiting for that call...

He said as much in public quite a few times...

Comment

• fryingdutchman
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Zing!
          Wolf automatically gets props just for the fact that he can say: "I had to go back to get my high school diploma because I missed eleventh grade touring with Van Halen."
          I would venture to say he got the education of his life during that time....far better than anything he would have received in high school.
          Originally posted by perilouspete
          fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Angel
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

I'm not minimizing Wolfie's influence on his dad, even though he couldn't get him to straighten the fuck up before his marriage dissolved and Ed's ex-wife published a self-serving, money-grabbing, tell-all book about how horrible life was with Ed.
            Okay, THIS I'll ream your ass for! WTF??? "Even though he couldn't". He was a fucking child, Ed the parent... remember? It wasn't his fucking responsibility! Kids with parents who are addicts end up being the parent more often than not, and then assholes like you come and say they should have become the parent sooner. For Fucks Sake, that attitude pisses me off to no fucking end!!!
            "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Jagermeister
              Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Catfish
              That's funny. Not really what she was communicating in '07-'08 when she oh-so-conveniently timed the release of her tell-all book and its promotional tour ALONG WITH the Van Halen tour (providing even more distractions for Wolfie, who was then only 16!). I guess she can say things like this when there's nothing for her to promote.

BITCH!
              In other words. You would tap that shit!

Comment

• SNIPER
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Catfish
                I don't trust a thing that whore says!

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

Ed was passionate about playing music with his son.
                  This was obvious in the 2006 interview with Stern.
                  Wolf was in the band anyway and had a huge passion for chops and music that was challenging to play.

I believe that the synergy between the 3 VH's helped the brothers get over their old animosity toward Dave so I think Val is on the money.

Comment

• private parts
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by DLR'sCock
                    I saw this months ago, the kid has IT.
                    Damn! So if Al ever retires, Wolfie goes to drums, Michael comes back to bass, and you still
                    have two Van Halens, a Roth, and an Anthony.

Almost a Royal Flush!
                    sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• private parts
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2007

From Val interview:
                      As to why she’s so friendly with her ex and his bandmates: “With age comes wisdom, I guess. I always choose to look at the good side. These are really great people. This is my son. I just want him to be happy. And this is a dream come true for Ed.”

Hum.. words to live by. Any takers?

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by private parts
                        Damn! So if Al ever retires, Wolfie goes to drums, Michael comes back to bass, and you still
                        have two Van Halens, a Roth, and an Anthony.

Almost a Royal Flush!
                        I thought of this option when I read that Wolf's instrument of choice was the drums. Definitely not something to hold your breathe for. I don't see Al tapping the mat like Bun E. Carlos any time soon.

Comment

• private parts
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                          I thought of this option when I read that Wolf's instrument of choice was the drums. Definitely not something to hold your breathe for. I don't see Al tapping the mat like Bun E. Carlos any time soon.
                          Ya Alex is probably in the best shape out of all of them. I'll bet after a few more weeks on the road, Eddie and Wolf will have lost a few pounds.
                          Wonder if they have a nutritionist on the tour. I know RUSH had one traveling with the band.

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Oct 2010

You're right, since Wolfie joined the band they've cranked out an album and two tours. And I'm not wishing for Mikey to come back - I think Wolfgang has earned his spot in the band. I'm just sick and tired of people saying that if it wasn't for Wolfie, Dave wouldn't be in the band. I mean, we ARE talking about Van Fucking Halen, right??? Who else would be out front, other than Dave??? To hear all this shit one would think that we are all lucky that Wolfie didn't like the sound of Sammy's voice better than Dave's. Yes, I know, he supposedly liked the CVH music better too.

I do believe I need a drink
                            I think that what people are saying is that without Wolfie, Ed had no interest in recording or touring with the band -- Dave, or no Dave.

Comment

• Nigel
                              Roadie
                              • Mar 2004

Guess what folks? It's all about the money. Yes, we're all happy with a new tour and Dave at the helm, but
                              don't hold your breath on the future.

No meet and greet, lousy website, where's the DVD of the last tour, this tour and the back catalogue?

Oh, it will come, because it's a cash grab. I feel so sorry for Wolfie missing Grade 11, boo hoo, hoo!

Who the fuck needs Grade 11 when you're worth $40 million?

What's my point? I don't fucking know,
                              I just want VH with Dave and give me a fucking DVD, so I can throw out my Spammy DVD's.

Can't wait for ACC in Toronto next Saturday!!!!

Comment

• MUSICMANN
                                Sniper
                                • Apr 2004

I do believe what she said to be the truth in a certain point of view. 1st, there would be no VH if there is no Ed, period. It took a 16 yr. old Wolf to get Ed inspired to tour in 07/08, up until now, wanting to actually release new music and tour, then what Val said is the truth. Let's remember, Ed and Al seem to be very content on just making music and if that is confined to 5150, i don't think they have a problem with that. Dave on the other hand, seems to be in such a good place. From all the inside stuff about his personal life that has come out lately, of course he was not sitting by a phone waiting for a call, but the call came in before the 1st tour, and with those guys letting all that old stuff go, are continuing on with this new album and tour.

Comment

Working...