Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SNIPER
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jun 2004

Aucoin managed my band in 99-00 . I used to pick his brain about that all the time. He did not like Roth and the "outer space" guitar work, He thought it would never sell.. Bill told me that was one of his biggest mistakes he ever made. That and GnR.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by SNIPER
      Aucoin managed my band in 99-00 . I used to pick his brain about that all the time. He did not like Roth and the "outer space" guitar work, He thought it would never sell.. Bill told me that was one of his biggest mistakes he ever made. That and GnR.
      He must have kicked himself just as hard as that guy at Decca records in the UK who turned down The Beatles because "guitar groups are on the way out"
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• SNIPER
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jun 2004

Bill had us opening for Crue. He would go on tour with us as long as we fed him coke. We were on our way up until he crossed the line big time. He pulled a lot of shit with us. The final straw was him drugging my lead singer and trying to rape him. We held back from beating the shit out of him and just drove him to the next airport and tossed him out of the van. Never talked to him again. Fucking sleaze bag.
        Last edited by SNIPER; 03-07-2012, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• redozzman
          Full On Cocktard
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by kwame k
          Which is different than the story that $immons tells.....

He claims around Fair Warning (?) that Ed was so frustrated with Dave that he asked to join Ki$$. Gene told him to stay in Van Halen.
          I can believe that, as this was around the same time Ed and Valerie hit off, when she found Ed sobbing after a verbal beat down by Dave. I always have a good chuckle thinking about that... verbal sparring with Dave, what a nightmare!!! reduce a man to tears

Comment

• kwame k
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Feb 2008

Bill had us opening for Crue. He would go on tour with us as long as we fed him coke. We were on our way up until he crossed the line big time. He pulled a lot of shit with us. The final straw was him drugging my lead singer and trying to rape him. We held back from beating the shit out of him and just drove him to the next airport and tossed him out of the van. Never talked to him again. Fucking sleaze bag.
            Holy fuck, dude........

Why any of us are in the music biz is just wild considering the amount of bullshit we have to put up with just to play
            Originally posted by vandeleur
            E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• private parts
              Sniper
              • Jan 2007

Interesting! You should start a new tread: Sniper's Tales From the Road
              sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Geddy Lee also spoke highly of Gene and KISS in general. It seemed if you were an upcoming band and showed some talent, Gene was good about giving advice and even helping out. I mean Gene is a shameless merchandiser and bragger but a lot of bands like Van Halen and Rush say the guy was a big help early on in their careers.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• SNIPER
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jun 2004

Holy fuck, dude........

Why any of us are in the music biz is just wild considering the amount of bullshit we have to put up with just to play
                  I know, it was a huge let down. We looked up to him and trusted him of course.

Comment

• kwame k
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Feb 2008

I know, it was a huge let down. We looked up to him and trusted him of course.

....and thought that you were finally on your way, I bet!

When we almost got signed it was the highest of highs.....when it fell through it was devastating!
                    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• SNIPER
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jun 2004

....and thought that you were finally on your way, I bet!

When we almost got signed it was the highest of highs.....when it fell through it was devastating!
                      You know it, bro

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Holy fuck, dude........

I was just talking to someone who was around the San Fransisco music scene in the late 60's and early 70's. They still are good friends with Carlos Santana. Anyways this person had access to Hendrix's green room before a show and said the man was just face down on a table and everyone else in the room could care less about him. She said it almost made her cry and all the other people cared about was their drugs and to be on Jimi's coat tails. She said they give the person they are leaching off of drugs, women, whatever they want to control them. She blames Jimi's management and all the hanger ons for killing him. She was glad to get out of the music business and just said it can be a real form of slavery if you get the wrong people around you and it can kill you.

Jimi had no cash when he died. The leaches got it all. His poor landscaper father had to pay for the funeral because Jimi had no money.
                        Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-07-2012, 03:41 PM.
                        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• SNIPER
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                          I was just talking to someone who was around the San Fransisco music scene in the late 60's and early 70's. They still are good friends with Carlos Santana. Anyways this person had access to Hendrix's green room before a show and said the man was just face down on a table and everyone else in the room could care less about him. She said it almost made her cry and all the other people cared about was their drugs and to be on Jimi's coat tails. She said they give the person they are leaching off of drugs, women, whatever they want to control them. She blames Jimi's management and all the hanger ons for killing him. She was glad to get out of the music business and just said it can be a real form of slavery if you get the wrong people around you and it can kill you.

Jimi had no cash when he died. The leaches got it all. His poor landscaper father had to pay for the funeral because Jimi had no money.
                          Holy shit! Fucking lame!!

Comment

• fourthcoming

In Dave's book, he makes it seem like Gene was out to pluck Ed and Al from VH....which is believable given the state of Kiss at that time. In Simmon's book he states Ed came to him in 1981-82 asking to join Kiss and Gene told him to stay with VH. Then again, Gene also said in his book how close he was to having the Beatles reunite to sing back up on his 1978 solo record....he said everyone was in except Ringo.

Comment

• kwame k
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Nitro Express

Look at most of the big artists of the 50's and 60's.....the majority never made a penny! Some did decades later but that was the exception not the rule.

In a way I'm glad the record biz is dead and with social media anyone has a shot of making it now!

Comment

• SNIPER
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by fourthcoming
                                In Dave's book, he makes it seem like Gene was out to pluck Ed and Al from VH....which is believable given the state of Kiss at that time. In Simmon's book he states Ed came to him in 1981-82 asking to join Kiss and Gene told him to stay with VH. Then again, Gene also said in his book how close he was to having the Beatles reunite to sing back up on his 1978 solo record....he said everyone was in except Ringo.
                                Wow, I did not know that. It would have been epic still even without Ringo.

Comment

Working...