X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TJMKID
    Veteran
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by EdVanZep
    Not trying to share the glory but I gotta jump in here and brag a little if I can, our concert history was similar
    Kiss-11/25/79, mom and dad took me , 12yrs old
    VH-10/9/80, mom took me and 3 friends , 13yrs old
    VH-6/12/81, first concert without parents, 13yrs old
    I would go on to see most of the hard rock metal bands that came to town thru the 80s and of course VH on every tour(yes I went to the Spammy shows). I was just showing a kid my Fair Warning ticket stub the other day the price was $8.00

How come you lucky fuckers had cool-ass Moms who took you to raunchy rock shows ---- and I got stuck with "Church Lady" Mom during the 80's ??? Genetic lottery aint fair !!

Seeing VH in '81 at age 13 without parents ---- is that even possible?

Shit, I wasnt allowed to see any rock shows until I turned 18 and went off to college ---- and by then most of the acts had gotten stale. Can I sue my Mom for emotional deprivation abuse?

Last edited by TJMKID; 05-06-2012, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• EdVanZep
      Groupie
      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by TJMKID
      How come you lucky fuckers had cool-ass Moms who took you to raunchy rock shows ---- and I got stuck with "Church Lady" Mom during the 80's ??? Genetic lottery aint fair !!

Seeing VH in '81 at age 13 without parents ---- is that even possible?

Shit, I wasnt allowed to see any rock shows until I turned 18 and went off to college ---- and by then most of the acts had gotten stale. Can I sue my Mom for emotional deprivation abuse?

Two of my buddies that went in '81 were 14 and shared a joint and I remember not wanting to try it cause I didn't want it to ruin the show LOL, hey I was only 13 what did I know

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
        Veteran
        • Feb 2004

Not trying to share the glory but I gotta jump in here and brag a little if I can, our concert history was similar
        Kiss-11/25/79, mom and dad took me , 12yrs old
        VH-10/9/80, mom took me and 3 friends , 13yrs old
        VH-6/12/81, first concert without parents, 13yrs old
        I would go on to see most of the hard rock metal bands that came to town thru the 80s and of course VH on every tour(yes I went to the Spammy shows). I was just showing a kid my Fair Warning ticket stub the other day the price was $8.00
        Yeah I have always been hooked on going to concerts. Growing up, I saw just about everyone as well. Seeing all those bands in their heyday are probably my greatest childhood / adolescent memories.
        I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Comment

• EdVanZep
          Groupie
          • Jun 2005

Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved
          Yeah I have always been hooked on going to concerts. Growing up, I saw just about everyone as well. Seeing all those bands in their heyday are probably my greatest childhood / adolescent memories.
          '82 might have been my best year of concerts, AC/DC,Black Sabbath,Ozzy,Scorpions,Iron Maiden,VH,Judas Priest,Y&T,Mötley Crüe

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
            Veteran
            • Feb 2004

You definitely outdid me in 1982. I saw the "Diver Down" tour in Biloxi on July 24, 1982. My next show was Styx "Kilroy Was Here" tour in May of 1983 (I always forget I went to this show). My mother told me I had a choice Styx or Def Leppard "Pyromania" tour which was the same month as Styx. I made the wrong choice. She did something similar when The Police rolled into town on the "Synchronicity" tour. Van Halen was 2 months later on their '84 tour. I of course chose Van Halen.

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

And no one has asked yet?

WHAT FUCKING SNAKE GUITAR!?

OMG someone has to have a pic of this thing.
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                Veteran
                • Feb 2004

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

Holy smokes dude! You fucking SAW HIM PLAY THAT?!?!?!?!?!

You lucky fucking bastard!!!!!
                  “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                    Veteran
                    • Feb 2004

No no no....There's a pic of it in the tour program from the "Fair Warning" tour. I doubt he's ever played that thing live.

Comment

• EdVanZep
                      Groupie
                      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved
                      No no no....There's a pic of it in the tour program from the "Fair Warning" tour. I doubt he's ever played that thing live.
                      He did indeed use it live at least at one gig, on the opening night of the second world tour. you gotta look close but it`s the dragon guitar

Van Halen live March 25, 1979, at the Selland Arena in Fresno. This was the first night of the second world tour and the day their second album, Van Halen II...

Van Halen live March 25, 1979, at the Selland Arena in Fresno. This was the first night of the second world tour and the day their second album, Van Halen II...

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                        Veteran
                        • Feb 2004

Oh wow! I stand corrected! Pretty fuckin' kick ass!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2005

AlmostSaved...dude, I laughed my ass off.

Aside from still having the ticketstub, you have a priceless memento...a review from within 24 hours of seeing the show, lol.

"And then the bass player dropped it and was jumping up and down on it!"

Well, that was Mikey alright!

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                            Veteran
                            • Feb 2004

Yeah my girlfriend and I were cackling listening to that yesterday. The funny thing is, and it got posted a couple years ago, I used that same exact tape to record the show. My mother was cool enough to put my big ass tape recorder in her big ass purse. The microphone failed and all that came out was just a small snippet of "Runnin' With The Devil." Good times.

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

He did indeed use it live at least at one gig, on the opening night of the second world tour. you gotta look close but it`s the dragon guitar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhfD4zbq9GU

HAHA! Epic! Now we all have seen him play it. Thanks man.

Comment

Working...