Wolfgang Van Halen Is the Youngest Biggest Rock Star Alive Read more: http://www.esq

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

The bad potty ??

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Good parts:

Lots of unheard music.
      Leaking of demos.
      Great deep cuts being chosen for the fans.
      Dad isn't retiring for a while.

Bad parts:

NO MENTION OF DIAMOND DAVE

Wolf, I'm sorry brother. As much as I love you & am eternally grateful for what you have done for us......without your Dad this band fails to exist. Trying to continue it would totally tarnish it's legacy worse than anything previously attempted. And it just won't work.

If you feel you must carry the torch, do it by continuing to release all the material your Dad never did.

*and the dig on Michael Anthony from Wolf? I hope I just kinda interpreted that wrong. I know we the fans do it, but it just seems in very poor taste for Wolf to do it.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
        The bad potty ??

Umm....without getting too descriptive, think of greasy (but delicious) carne asada burritos with WAY TOO MUCH hot sauce & jalapenos. Some things can not be held back no matter how strong your resolve & determination......or how fast you think you can drive.
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
          Bad parts:

NO MENTION OF DIAMOND DAVE

Wolf, I'm sorry brother. As much as I love you & am eternally grateful for what you have done for us......without your Dad this band fails to exist. Trying to continue it would totally tarnish it's legacy worse than anything previously attempted. And it just won't work.
          And even though it goes without saying, there ain't no Van Halen without David Lee Roth. I don't care how great the music is, I don't care how many singers they rotate through there, it ain't Van Halen without David Lee Roth. I know that's not what he's saying, but still. They can make all the music they want to and put it out, just don't call it Van Halen. And another thing, IF they decide to take 5 years off this time I hope Dave does a tour in between. Ooohhhh, I know, that would send Ed off the deep end. Tough shit.
          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

Maybe Dave can sing for Chickenface in the meantime...

Comment

• DONNIEP
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

They'd draw bigger crowds that way

Comment

• ZahZoo
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
                Yup........plus Wolfie saying that his dad has years left in him playing wise!
                Hopefully his throat and mouth have the same outlook in regards to life support...

Others are whining about no mention of Dave... the dynamics coming from the VH clan seem blatantly clear. The music is the primary force among the 3 amigos... it's even more evident in the in your face performances this tour. Appears that vocals and "the Singer" are a secondary entree supporting the main dish...

Thankfully Wolfgang recognizes the band goes best with Diamond Dave center stage. We can only hope that mid-set prevails.
                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• jhale667
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                  Thankfully Wolfgang recognizes the band goes best with Diamond Dave center stage. We can only hope that mid-set prevails.

Hopefully that's the case, as by many accounts Wolf isn't a fan of the Spammy era.
                  Originally posted by conmee
                  If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                  Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                  I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                  Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                  Originally posted by eddie78
                  I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Hummarstra
                    Commando
                    • Feb 2004

Even Ed knows the new album doesn't sounds like crap.

Comment

• loucap81
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                      And another thing, IF they decide to take 5 years off this time I hope Dave does a tour in between.
                      Why, so he can do a 90% classic Van Halen setlist with lesser musicians like he did 10 years ago?

Comment

• Hardrock69
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2005

I am digging Wolfy. As I examine front row footage from the Nashville show, he is throwing a lot more into the bass lines than MA used to. And I like his tone better.

He has his head screwed on right for being so young.

I dig it. I am proud of him, and look forward to years of his input into Van Halen, as well as whatever he chooses to do musically otherwise.

Comment

• VAiN
                          Use my hand, I won't look
                          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

This is pretty fucking cool... Wolf plays the end section of Eruption as Dad watches..
                          Originally posted by wiseguy
                          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by loucap81
                            Why, so he can do a 90% classic Van Halen setlist with lesser musicians like he did 10 years ago?
                            If it's a choice between no Dave for 5 years and a solo Dave tour, I'll take the solo Dave tour. I'm not saying I'd prefer that over a VH tour - not at all. I hope VH tours every other year or so from here on out. But if not, and if there's a big gap like this last time, I'd pay to go see a Dave tour.

Comment

• TitanTopper
                              Groupie
                              • Mar 2012

Wholly shit, that's awesome!! I had not seen that...LUV IT!!
                              "Hey man, that suit is you!!"

Comment

• sadaist
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                                Hopefully his throat and mouth have the same outlook in regards to life support...

Others are whining about no mention of Dave... the dynamics coming from the VH clan seem blatantly clear. The music is the primary force among the 3 amigos... it's even more evident in the in your face performances this tour. Appears that vocals and "the Singer" are a secondary entree supporting the main dish...

Well, the three twins will find out pretty fast when they jump out on stage at Madison Square Garden and it's only 1/3 full. It happened before.....hopefully their memories aren't too short with all this $$$$$$$$ they are raking in with capacity crowds.

But it's not all on them. Hopefully Daves memory is good & his ego with these capacity crowds doesn't get to the point of going it alone again. That doesn't work either.

No...the only way this train keeps rolling full steam ahead is with David Lee Roth in Van Halen. Period.

Comment

Working...