X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angel
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
    Since we're speculating..........I actually hope it's infighting because the alternative is a health issue.

Bickering they can get over........health problems, maybe not
    The other alternative is avoiding massive lawsuits from relatives of those who die from heat-related illness.

Maybe Dave's just gonna be one of those old guys that always needs a sweater and the heat on, even if it's 90+.
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• kwame k
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by vandeleur
      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Grit
        Roadie
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
        If it's fighting and they postponed shows because if it, after all they've been through we would never see them together again.

Comment

• ZahZoo
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
          The "Re-Routing" to add European dates makes NO sense......

Who is booking this tour? Abbott and Costello????

You announce dates, put tickets on sale, AND THEN it occurs to someone to add some dates over there?

Bullshit.

Unless it is some crazy, last minute, cannot pass up for the world offer[s], it just makes no sense.

Major tours aren't booked this way.
          Exactly...

Also of note, the June 26 New Orleans date was originally the end of the first leg schedule. These big tours are underwritten and insured in specific segments to protect the promoters, venues, artists and backing sponsors. This also locks in the performers from flaking out with the exception of a catastrophic health issue...

Logical speculation, queued on the venues publicly stating postponement and rescheduling to follow would lean toward a health issue. Remember Ed's alcohol battles during the 2008 segment of the previous tour between the 2nd and 3rd legs. The break/postponement occurred between previously announced segments then moved. We are definitely in a similar zone...

The real question is... who has the "health" issue?

You can't discount the Dave and AC/Blower incidents... plus Dave also seems to be the only one showing any signs of struggling with inconsistent performances. Ed, Al and Wolfgang have been total beasts on fire in every performance consistently. I acknowledge that this isn't what most here want to admit or accept that Dave is anything but on his "A" game... but frankly the facts point otherwise...
          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• kwame k
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
            Unless they just decided they would have a break during this summer, the reason for postponing the whole summer dates is probably not cool.

One I think wasn't mentioned is maybe Alex has some problems with his cervical vertebrae, which by the way would explain why he's been looking
            rather unconcerned so far. He would need some rest then.

I really don't feel like trusting the Rolling Stone (damn, how can they use such a cool name and be such a shitty mag, really?!) rumour, but that would be a real pain in the neck (no silly pun) if they were getting mad at each others again... AGAIN...

VHBLAST displays press titles telling about it, but the band doesn't communicate about it... Strange, even though it's how it goes with Van Halen.

Bigger offers from Europe would be an awful motive for those who had already purchased tickets for this summer - but well, VH hasn't played there
            since 1984...
            You Americans had the 2007/2008 tour, then the current one. Let us get the chance to see them oversees just for once!
            As others have mentioned.......I doubt it's a scheduling conflict or a cash grab in Europe.

These tours are planned so far in advance that a spur of the moment decision to schedule and then cancel/postpone American dates to go over to Europe would be an epic failure by their management and a shitty thing for the band to sign off on!
            Originally posted by vandeleur
            E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Von Halen
              For all the shit he has talked, Elvis deserves to have the New Orleans show cancelled!
              Dude, you suck...

What shit have I talked ??

Comment

• MUSICMANN
                Sniper
                • Apr 2004

If it was a serious health issue, then why are they gonna play through the original June 26 NO show. If one of them was that sick, they surely wouldn't be playing tomorrow in St. Paul. I believe it was a postponement of shows by a sudden decision within the band to take a few months break.
                Last edited by MUSICMANN; 05-18-2012, 11:44 AM.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Grit
                  If it's fighting and they postponed shows because if it, after all they've been through we would never see them together again.
                  Don't get me wrong, I was just laughing for Angel's joke:

"Hell, Kool is overseas this summer. I was invited to their gig in Beirut. Maybe VH is opening for them in the mid-east, lol. Now THAT would be a fun rumour to start."

I'd be no less pissed than you'd be if they were fighting once again - I remember the 1996 Ed in particular...
                  posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                  posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• chi-town324
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Feb 2007

Dave may have been advised to take a lengthy time off if in fact his voice is having major problems...these guys have learned to get along or so it seems...not buying in infighting at all...but thats what very one outside of us wants to believe

Comment

• private parts
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                      CNN getting ready to talk about it in a couple of minutes....

Blah, blah, blah, speculation, blah, blah, blah....
                      Anything on CNN worth reporting?
                      sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• ZahZoo
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by MUSICMANN
                        If it was a serious health issue, then why are they gonna play through the original June 26 NO show. If one of them was that sick, they surely wouldn't be playing tonight in St. Paul. I believe it was a postponement of shows by a sudden decision within the band to take a few months break.
                        Contract stipulations and insurance reasons drive this. If it was something immediately life threatening they'd halt it yesterday. If it's not... they limp along until the most affordable/allowable break in the schedule per contract.

The promoters have contracted medical staff that monitor the "artists" and the insurance companies underwriting the tour have clear and concise language to ensure the "artists" are healthy enough to perform. This is no joke... it's big business and million$ on the line.
                        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• lesfunk
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

This is why I buy my tickets for the First leg of the tour, the first day they go on sale!
                          http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• vaijuju
                            Sniper
                            • Jan 2008

Hard to be a Van Halen' fan! Again Always the Silence !
                            http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• Toddb
                              Roth Army Recruit
                              • Jun 2010

I was very surprised at the aggressive tour schedule. After all its not 1982 and these guys are near 60 years old. Very hard to perform non stop all summer long when age creeps up on ya. Dave is very, very active on stage not only that his vocals are in high demand for 2 hours a night. Plus he misses the pooches back home!

Comment

• Von Halen
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Maybe the working 2-4 hours every other day has just worn them out.

Maybe they just need a break.

Maybe they want to take the summer off.

Maybe...

Comment

Working...