X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • katina
    Commando
    • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Toddb
    I have seen the last two shows....Winnipeg and St Paul. Both outstanding. For sure Dave was "tamer" at the last show in MN. I mean Dave was like a young teenager at Winnipeg. He was doing the spinning jump kicks like crazy in Winnie. St Paul he did about half the amount but sheit, I would never be able to perform on stage like Dave at any age and I have no problem jogging 6 miles.

BTW. Best pics by far by www.melodicrockconcerts.com
    Nice pics.
    This takes a lot of training and burnt calories, and he is 57 !!!

Comment

• VimFuego
      Groupie
      • May 2012

Fuck comparing van halen to roger waters or any other touring rock star, for that matter......my dad is older than VH, at 62 years old. The old kant works in a refrigerator assembly factory, 9 hours a day, 6 days a week. He doesn't get 3 months off cos he is feeling a bit oldfarty.

I want whatever is best for this band, but they make it so easy to think the worst.
      I could play "Stairway To Heaven" when I was 12. Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was 22. I think that says quite a lot.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by ZahZoo
        On second thought... I guess this tour must be really rough on them. Especially when you factor in 4-5 years of jacking off doing nothing between jobs... Bless their hearts...
        That is pretty funny
        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• rocking ron
          Head Fluffer
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by sadaist
          Long planned? LOL. They were just added.

And it's not band fighting. These guys know enough to stay away from each other before it gets to that point. Fighting would have occurred making an album, signing label contract, and before a tour started. These guys only fight over %.....and all that has been locked up before note 1 was played at Cafe Wha?
          Right, these are fxxxx true words, exactly how it is and nothing else,,so cut the bullshit and watch those shows they've done till' now,, 'band-fighting' : come on get real,, these guys are

playin' like they're runnin'for ( no no no not the 'devil' ) those waysted years ( yeah yeah : Iron Maiden ) and wanna enjoy every bloody minute of every bloody show,, from the 1st till' the very last seconds they are enjoying it,, it's like they've finally realize how many time they've lost with all that real bullshit ( I mean especially Eddie ).

And personally I think this has to do with Eddie's health, Dave loves him and know he can't go on without Ed, Wolfie knows his dad as no one else and don't forget big brother Al,,,,when's something seemed to be wrong with his 'little '' brother'''',,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,!!!

So the only thing we must or can be afraid of is ( Eddie ) healthy problems........till we know more I'm gonna play 'Somebody get me a doctor'' and I'll wait and maybe it's all ....

a different kind of ....uh uh..!!!!!!!

Comment

• JenniferM
            Roadie
            • Feb 2004

Uh, yeah..that's right. I want Dave to take off his shirt so that I'm confident he's healthy. If Dave takes off some clothes, I'll be feelin' something more than confident.
            Me likes the way you think.....

Originally posted by Momshell
            Ok - I'm feeling a little better - time for a beer and maybe a VH video. So if all is actually ok, do I get to keep my EVH flip flops or are they still jinxed?!
            BTW - one big improvement for the next leg - Dave needs to lose the shirt. He had some of us thinking he had a thyroid condition a couple of pages ago. He needs to take off his shirt so that we can feel confident that he is healthy. Right?
            "Why behave in public if you're livin' on a playground?"

Comment

• fourthcoming

Originally posted by rocking ron
              Right, these are fxxxx true words, exactly how it is and nothing else,,so cut the bullshit and watch those shows they've done till' now,, 'band-fighting' : come on get real,, these guys are

playin' like they're runnin'for ( no no no not the 'devil' ) those waysted years ( yeah yeah : Iron Maiden ) and wanna enjoy every bloody minute of every bloody show,, from the 1st till' the very last seconds they are enjoying it,, it's like they've finally realize how many time they've lost with all that real bullshit ( I mean especially Eddie ).

And personally I think this has to do with Eddie's health, Dave loves him and know he can't go on without Ed, Wolfie knows his dad as no one else and don't forget big brother Al,,,,when's something seemed to be wrong with his 'little '' brother'''',,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,!!!

So the only thing we must or can be afraid of is ( Eddie ) healthy problems........till we know more I'm gonna play 'Somebody get me a doctor'' and I'll wait and maybe it's all ....

a different kind of ....uh uh..!!!!!!!
              I think your right on with this......Eddies health is a major concern.....Cancer ain't no joke. The esquire interview really made me start worrying seriously that Edward may not be around for too many more years. I really hope I'm wrong.

Comment

• JenniferM
                Roadie
                • Feb 2004

When I saw the EEAS show in Little Rock, Cinderella was the opener.

Originally posted by TwoFoolsAMinute
                I believe it was Tesla on EEAS and Poison on Skyscraper tour.
                "Why behave in public if you're livin' on a playground?"

Comment

• SNIPER
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                  Just because they're not flying coach doesn't make it THAT much easier, dude. They're still shuttling between time zones, and you NEVER feel like you can relax for even a second. It's rough on a 20 or 30-something, brutal on someone in their 50s...trust me.

I think them taking a break is smart.

I agree with you let VH rest. They make millions of people happy including me ..But what about all the other 57 year old men that work 40-60 hours a week busting their ass day in and day out with crapy sleep full of worries barley making ends meet, supporting a family, and having done so for the last 40 years. Thats the guy that needs a break from being over worked. just saying.

Comment

• jhale667
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by SNIPER
                    I agree with you let VH rest. They make millions of people happy including me ..But what about all the other 57 year old men that work 40-60 hours a week busting their ass day in and day out with crapy sleep full of worries barley making ends meet, supporting a family, and having done so for the last 40 years. Thats the guy that needs a break from being over worked. just saying.
                    While I see your point, that guy's not expected to give a stellar performance that telegraphs into the nosebleed section nightly, or charging 150-1000 a pop to come see him at the office, either...

Day gigs are easy compared to touring, fact.
                    Originally posted by conmee
                    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                    Originally posted by eddie78
                    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• SNIPER
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jun 2004

Like I said, I do agree. I played one night in WA a couple weeks ago and it took me two days to feel normal again. But I also did very bad thing.

Comment

• Inside.intel
                        Full On Cocktard
                        • May 2012

4 days ago – VAN HALEN Getting Along Fine, Taking a Break, Planning To Extend Tour ... Kind Of Truth LP being pressed to 180 gram red vinyl at United Record Pressing in Nashville, TN.” The vinyl pressing for Van Halen's A Different Kind Of Truth contains ... Check out the official video for 'She's The Woman' below: ...
                        Live Right here in Nashville TN always had and always will the smile with the style the voice that leaves you no choice I heard you missed me, I'm back!!!! thank you very much and how the hell are ya!!

Comment

• SNIPER
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jun 2004

Comment

• katina
                            Commando
                            • Mar 2012

:confused:

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by loucap81
                              Is there anything to read into the fact that DLR mentions July 4th as the cutoff date twice, and not June 26th (which is the last first leg show in New Orleans)? Are they doing anymore private shows after that?

Also I really hope they announce dates soon. I'd hate to go a whole summer with absolutely nothing to hang our hats on other than spurious Melodicrock rumors.
                              Lou, I think that's just Dave-speak. They're booked through the end of June, so Dave just picks the holiday. Just like saying, we'll be on the road until Christmas, when your last show is December 14th. Same difference. Or, how Dave counts years by the number of summers, "that was how many summers ago..."

I wouldn't read any more into it than that
                              David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
                              — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                                Sniper
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by mdk1967
                                …Anybody see what these clowns had to say? “No new relevant music, the album sucked, poor promotion”? Are you freakin’ kidding me?
                                No wonder the Van Halens don't want to do any media with trolls like these that don't give a shit about the band.

Roth Army, ...lock and load!!!

...Sorry if this has been posted already.
                                So Sammy Hagar, and some douche-nozzles named Chaz and AJ are the three guys who didn't like ADKOT? fuck them in the eye!!
                                David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
                                — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

Working...