Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Loons The Great
    Groupie
    • Jan 2012

Errything twixt 4.17.08 & 7.3.08 is badfuukinazz!! 4.26.08 was aces!!!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2
    Please check out my bluesin' on Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/kingumbopa
    I know my crown gonna fit me well, 'cause tried it on at the gates of hell

Comment

• Nigel
      Roadie
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by chuckjitsu
      Thanks for the suggestions. Earlier today I was watching some vids from the Baltimore show in '08 and it seemed like a pretty good show. They threw Crossroads in the middle of SGMAD and Dave was in classic Dave form- telling the crowd that "Wolf will get some Baltimore leg tonight for sure" which got a good laugh out of Ed.
      Can't judge the rest, but I have this one and yes, I can't stop watching it.

There was MAGIC in that first tour, because it was like making love for the first time.

Roth was in fabulous voice and the band was very tight indideedo!

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

I'd tend to advise looking at / listening to shows from the first leg of that tour.

Someone mentioned Rosemont, which was a good one, San Diego was pretty good, too. After January of 2008, Eddie began fucking up onstage quite a bit, but the beginning of the tour saw ALL the band coming hot out of the starting gate.

If I could splice together the two tours and have the performances Roth gave in 2007/2008 combined with Eddie AND Wolfie's playing on this current tour (Alex was purty damn good on both tours), THAT would be a fucking STELLAR show!
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Never was
          I'd agree Rosemont was the best
          Lauderdale was the worst
          All the Florida gigs on that tour were approaching abysmal.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• IceCreamBlondie
            Head Fluffer
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Nigel
            Can't judge the rest, but I have this one and yes, I can't stop watching it.

There was MAGIC in that first tour, because it was like making love for the first time.

Roth was in fabulous voice and the band was very tight indideedo!
            There was MAGIC indeed in that first tour!!!
            I'm Stayin' Frosty!

Comment

• DONNIEP
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

I wish I had the tour opener on DVD - the Charlotte show. I doubt it was actually the best show, seein' as how it was the first night. But goddamn, those motherfuckers were on fire that night!! The place was fucking packed to the rafters...And when I saw those VH blimps flying around and I knew it was about to kick off...Jesus Christ! It was literally a spiritual experience. They walked out onstage and I got the lump in the throat and the misty eyes...It was the greatest thing I'd ever seen. And they fucking blew the lid off the joint. I left the arena feeling like I'd just seen something magical. Something that I had known for years would never ever happen again. Afterward, I came home, got drunk and posted my review over at DDLR. It was a great fucking night! If anybody has that show on DVD I'd love to get a copy of it...
              American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• BumBahDeeDah
                Head Fluffer
                • Mar 2004

MSG in 08. But that Romeo Delight in Rosemont...........!!!!

Comment

• perrin29
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jan 2012

I remember watching that footage leading up to my show in Boston that October. That show felt like a once in a lifetime and I'll admit it was overwhelming to see my musical heroes finally on stage together. A great night.

Wish there was some closer footage or pictures from that moment in Greensboro. Dave and Ed looked like they were getting misty. That was a loud fuckin crowd.

Comment

• Nigel
                    Roadie
                    • Mar 2004

Check out www.maximumsound.org and click Van Halen!!

I hope to Christ that VH sanction a DVD of the best of 07/08 and 2012 (if that's possible).

Nothing beats a 14 camera set-up with real sound.
                    It's a pissing shame they did it for Spammy 3 times, yet the Toastmaster gets zero.

Are they too cheap to spend money for the fans? How's that for a stupid question?

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                      You guys are all on heavy narcotics, obviously it was Greensboro...

Listen to the crowd, it was fuckin' rocking, and not a dry eye in the house !!
                      I know you're saying that because you were there, and I agree that it was no doubt a raucous crowd. But it just didn't compare to the raw emotion from two nights earlier. This guy's shirt in Charlotte said it all...
                      Attached Files
                      David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
                      — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by damngoodtimes
                        I know you're saying that because you were there, and I agree that it was no doubt a raucous crowd. But it just didn't compare to the raw emotion from two nights earlier. This guy's shirt in Charlotte said it all...
                        I'm just fuckin' around... An impossible question to answer unless you basically were on tour with them....
                        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2004

Of course, VA. I just wish you and Pojo would've made the extra trek to CLT; it was magical. Of course, that was a lot easier for me coming from ATL.
                          David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
                          — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• Zing!
                            Veteran
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
                            I can do that. PM me your address. It's not super great sound but I toss it in once in awhile.
                            78/84 - dude can't thank you enough for the boot - killer stuff! Sound isn't bad (I've definitely heard worse anyway...) and the show is just as good as I remember it. It may not be classic =VH= from back in the years that are in your name, but it's about as close as I'll ever get. Dave sang his ass off - seriously sounded incredible - and his 'Kenny' Ice Cream Man story is worthy of publication in 'The New Yorker' magazine. Eddie is definitely playing better on the 2012 tour, but he was on fire on this night in 07. Dave has that swagger from the old days that he only recently started remembering on this tour. This show redefined my concert-going life and had plenty of that goosebump 'dream-come-true' mojo working. Thanks for helping me relive it!
                            My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

That maximumsound.org has some killer shit listed...

Sent from my iPhone, bitches!

Comment

Working...