Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nigel
    Roadie
    • Mar 2004

Check out CNN video on vhnd, new music on the way!

Not only a cool peek into 5150, and a "nice" Father's Day Eddie and Wolfie moment,
    but look at all the fuckin' tape in those vaults.

Getting along well with Dave, I think so!!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I like how Ed said it would almost be easier to just write new music than go through all of the tapes. Take you pick pal. Just get on it!

Comment

• Nigel
        Roadie
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
        I've just been hired as "Offical Tape Baker" for 5150 studios.

I let everyone know how many albums of material are really there.
        I'll tell you what; I'll gladly fly out at my own expense and go thru the vaults with you.

However, if I find the Oakland 81 footage, it's mine, all mine!!

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nigel
          I'll tell you what; I'll gladly fly out at my own expense and go thru the vaults with you.

However, if I find the Oakland 81 footage, it's mine, all mine!!
          First of all, any tapes with Hagar on them automatically go in the shredder.......

Probably that second album with Cherone that was never released too.... unless there's something instrumentally there that's worth saving and Dave can work it into a proper Van Halen song.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DLR Bridge
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Reading the Guitar World with Ed on the cover. Ed's very complimentary towards Dave. Says they had 35 demos ready for ADKOT. Holy sheeit!

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
              Reading the Guitar World with Ed on the cover. Ed's very complimentary towards Dave. Says they had 35 demos ready for ADKOT. Holy sheeit!

Great, can hardly wait for TJMKID's read-between-the-lines psycho-analysis of how Ed actually WASN'T complimentary of Dave...and then he and CROWBAR can speculate on how long it'll take Ed to write Wolf's basslines for the remaining tunes...
              Originally posted by conmee
              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
              Originally posted by eddie78
              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Nigel
                Roadie
                • Mar 2004

Oh please Mr. DLR Bridge, can you post the article? Ever since I paid hansomely for GW's "40 Years of Van Halen", just for the pictures, a month back, I'm still bummin' cigarettes!

Comment

• chi-town324
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Feb 2007

35 demos? yea i would say another album is very possible!!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I'm at work plus too computarded to know how to post something, but here's my favorite direct quote transcribed:

GW- His lyrics on this album are full of whit and personality with a lot of street wisdom.

Ed- Some of his lyrics are hilarious. Dave's good. He's a very well read person, and it shows in his lyrics. I don't know of anybody else who can write lyrics that are so out there, yet in. Some of the stuff is blatant, but a lot of it makes you think. It's tripped out and deep, but not so deep you can't relate to it. (and now, for my favorite part...) I think he's brilliant.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

I'm at work plus too computarded to know how to post something, but here's my favorite direct quote transcribed:

GW- His lyrics on this album are full of whit and personality with a lot of street wisdom.

Ed- Some of his lyrics are hilarious. Dave's good. He's a very well read person, and it shows in his lyrics. I don't know of anybody else who can write lyrics that are so out there, yet in. Some of the stuff is blatant, but a lot of it makes you think. It's tripped out and deep, but not so deep you can't relate to it. (and now, for my favorite part...) I think he's brilliant.
                      Hatred, pure hatred....
                      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                        Veteran
                        • Feb 2004

How humiliating this must be for Dave.
                        I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Nigel
                          Oh please Mr. DLR Bridge, can you post the article? Ever since I paid hansomely for GW's "40 Years of Van Halen", just for the pictures, a month back, I'm still bummin' cigarettes!
                          Funny you should mention it. This damn magazine was $7.99. What happened to 3 or 4 bucks? I give the printed magazine industry about one more year. Worth it this time. Good read so far.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

is that the same guy who once said that Dave's lyrics were so bad and stupid that they decided not to print them in the booklets of the first six album? just askin...
                            Roth Army Icon
                            First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• ashstralia
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Feb 2004

we all know there's more than one kind of genius. and truth too, apparently.

i'm just digging =VH= from the cafe wah gig forwards.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                                is that the same guy who once said that Dave's lyrics were so bad and stupid that they decided not to print them in the booklets of the first six album? just askin...
                                Can't say that I recall that ever being said. Not saying it wasn't, but just about the only thing that sticks out in my mind that Ed once said was that he didn't know any of the lyrics. There's a GW from around the time the Crazy From The Heat EP came out where Ed was praising Dave's ability to fit words to songs and he came off very supportive of the EP.

Comment

Working...