X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
    Energy yeah... also appears Dave has an awful lot of time on his hands.

What struck me was watching bright mid day shots eventually shifting to evening, then night... in the same room, angle and not a single thing moving in the room. The only other thing changing was shirts and hats... Married guys with kids never have 1/10th of that much time to waste...

There's an artist element purely Dave in all this. Is it gay..? I don't know... definitely not macho-masculine, but if you felt threatened with your gaydar alerting... I can only imagine you need to work out some issues or just be polite and shut the fuck up.
    The man has no wife or kids and has his own money. Lot's of it. When you are in that kind of situation you pretty much have as much control over your life as you can get.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

All you have to do is look at how Sammy dresses and what he sings about to end the argument over who's gay. I would pick up my car keys around Dave but hell no way if Sam was around.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
        My first though was also that it has to be something more in it than this, some hidden message or something. I just don't have the energy to see the whole thing.
        To be honest I was bored silly after seeing the first three minutes of it.

Comment

• Unchainme
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
          It's hard to believe this used to be Diamond Dave.

From cool to queer in 20 years. He's determined to try and convince the World he turned gay.

He didn't need 2.5 hours. He had it done in 30 seconds.

This is hard to believe and impossible to watch.
          You know what?

Don't watch it.

I don't give a shit what Dave is doing, I judge him by the music he makes and his character, not what he takes part in, nor him dancing around like that.

And frankly, using that language to describe it? That's fucking wrong, and bigoted.

It also makes you sound like a fucking sheep.
          Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• gbranton
            Veteran
            • Aug 2005

The fist really fails here. It doesn't really say "I'm tough" or "I'm rockin hard", it looks more he is asking to be fisted.

"Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ZahZoo
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by TJMKID

Dave has a different appeal to the VH fanbase because we live vicariously through him --- he isn't tied down to a boring office job or married life or saving up for the kids' college funds --- he's making nice bank while whimsically spending his days on corny dance moves, running sheep dogs, flying helicopters, and fucking 19-yr. old strippers --- the kind of life most middle-aged married guys can only dream about.
              Clearly you haven't reached that zone yet and you and envy don't know what the heck you're talking about. Keep guessing... time will catch up or maybe you'll get a clue.
              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Terry
                It really is a charmless book. In all honesty, the guy never, never, not once, even offers the slightest conession or inkling that ANYTHING is EVER his fault. Particularly unappealing is how he basically glosses over divorcing his wife, who was suffering from emotional and mental problems, with an attitude that boils down to "she was fucked up in the head, so I started fucking some other chick I met on the road and married her instead".
                I'm kind of surprised you bothered to read it. We all know what a total bullshitter he is so if you know that then what's to be gained from reading lies?

I guess you were looking at it in the same way we might want to watch Muhammad Ali play Buckaroo, you know it's not going to end well but you were curious about the spectacle?

Comment

• loucap81
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Apr 2012

So can anyone here honestly say they watched this entire video? I bet even Dave hasn't actually sat down and watched it from start to finish.

My take if anyone cares--it's a boring but utterly harmless video. At least the bits and pieces of it I watched, and I'm assuming the video is pretty uniform in content. But I'm quite surprised something this harmless has generated such vitriol. I suppose this is what happens when the band is inactive, the emotions and the anger fly high and anything that's VH related, but not indicative of the band touring or making music, is subject to harsh criticism.

Comment

• Monkeeman
                    Groupie
                    • Jul 2012

I wish whoever put the video together (was it Dave or some of his people?) had spent the time making a video for Stay Frosty instead.

Comment

• Angel
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Monkeeman
                      I wish whoever put the video together (was it Dave or some of his people?) had spent the time making a video for Stay Frosty instead.
                      No shit. Mind you, I haven't watched it...and probably won't bother. We got that little snippet back in December, that's enough for me.

I haven't heard Stay Frosty on the radio; however, there's no decent station here and I hardly ever have the radio on.
                      "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Momshell
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2012

Ok. I'm about an hour in, watching it in whatever intervals I have time for. I'm really surprised and somewhat embarrassed to say that I can apparently watch Dave doing anything and be entertained. I'm literally laughing out loud at some parts. By the way...for my fellow Dave-loving ladies out there....watch #9...about 24:30ish in...Dave is SHIRTLESS!!! Yay! Finally! And yes...he can totally, without question, still pull it off!! As far as the whole 'gay conversation' going on here...part of why I love Dave is 'cause he's a guy who's comfortable enough with who he is and with his sexuality that he does what he wants. He doesn't have to first think to himself whether a certain move or video (or outfit or whatever) is cool or whether it's gonna make him look gay. He does what he finds entertaining and fun and he doesn't give a flying fuck what anyone else thinks. I love him for it!!!
                        Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• Yount
                          Commando
                          • Jan 2012

Hell of a job, bravo Dave. I see it as the equivalent of watching Ed stumble around plugging in leads and untangling cords. All of it totally interesting to me but at 2+ gig I can't afford the download.

Comment

• envy_me
                            Swedish Love Pump
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Momshell
                            Ok. I'm about an hour in, watching it in whatever intervals I have time for. I'm really surprised and somewhat embarrassed to say that I can apparently watch Dave doing anything and be entertained. I'm literally laughing out loud at some parts. By the way...for my fellow Dave-loving ladies out there....watch #9...about 24:30ish in...Dave is SHIRTLESS!!! Yay! Finally! And yes...he can totally, without question, still pull it off!! As far as the whole 'gay conversation' going on here...part of why I love Dave is 'cause he's a guy who's comfortable enough with who he is and with his sexuality that he does what he wants. He doesn't have to first think to himself whether a certain move or video (or outfit or whatever) is cool or whether it's gonna make him look gay. He does what he finds entertaining and fun and he doesn't give a flying fuck what anyone else thinks. I love him for it!!!
                            Wow, I'm defenitely gonna watch the shirtless part
                            The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• ashstralia
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Yount
                              Hell of a job, bravo Dave. I see it as the equivalent of watching Ed stumble around plugging in leads and untangling cords. All of it totally interesting to me but at 2+ gig I can't afford the download.
                              hahaa!

you'll soon have a bright and shiny 'NBN'!!
                              featuring very expensive censored infrastructure...

Comment

• private parts
                                Sniper
                                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Light Em' Up!
                                Ya no luck....Sniper got it to open...listened and watched Dave for a bit, but after a few times, the song got a little old. Does he actually speak in it at some point?

Try opening in firefox browser
                                sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

Working...