I Don’t Wanna Hear About It Later (Van Halen and the Importance of the Horse’s Mouth)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

I Don’t Wanna Hear About It Later (Van Halen and the Importance of the Horse’s Mouth)

Sorry for the tardiness on this one, didn't see it posted on the Army's Facebook page until today... Anyway, I've contacted the author and told him I'll supply him with the background info on a lot of the leadup to the VH album and tour, so it should be cool when it gets published....

Please don't paste....

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Correction to the article: there is only ONE great fan site - The Roth Army!!!
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Nice article... Writer actually did some research and paid attention!!
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• TJMKID
        Veteran
        • Mar 2004

Very cool stuff --- anyone know Steve Knopper's home address?

I'd like to pay that lying cumstain a little visit with a lead pipe and a bad attitude!

Comment

• qikgts
          Head Fluffer
          • Jan 2012

That's definitely a good one...
          You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

• gbranton
            Veteran
            • Aug 2005

Why can't he just write about the band and leave his bullshit political biases out of it. That is a tremendous turn off.
            "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• loucap81
              Head Fluffer
              • Apr 2012

Am I the only one who read this article and said, "Yeah no shit." Am I missing anything insightful here? Yeah, the best sources of information are the fan websites who have connections close to the band, and the band members themselves. I'm glad the Army got a little publicity but other than that, nothing to see here.

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

i thought it was cool
                fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by loucap81
                  Am I the only one who read this article and said, "Yeah no shit." Am I missing anything insightful here? Yeah, the best sources of information are the fan websites who have connections close to the band, and the band members themselves. I'm glad the Army got a little publicity but other than that, nothing to see here.
                  Everyone's not you, Lou....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• hambon4lif
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
                    Why can't he just write about the band and leave his bullshit political biases out of it. That is a tremendous turn off.
                    I had the exact same thought. There were enough political references to drop this in the FrontLine, and it wouldn't have made fuck of a difference. The entire article is very weak and pisspoor as a result. To burn on the writers of Rolling Stone when this article looks as if it was written by one of them is more than a bit hypocritical. I feel like I want my 2 minutes back.

There's a time and a place for that kind of shit, and the fact that he doesn't understand that makes him look like a fucking amateur.

I don't care whose cock he was trying to suck, this article is shit!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

We were all burning on Rolling Stone when they put out that horseshit.....

Comment

• hambon4lif
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                        We were all burning on Rolling Stone when they put out that horseshit.....
                        ...and rightfully so, because it was an outright lie. When it comes to fact-checking, Rolling Stone is as credible as Andrew at MelodiCROCK....they really know how to tell it like it ain't.

The reason I'm taking a piss on this particular article is because I feel like this guy missed the same boat. Van Halen was never a political band. Van Halen was an antidote to boredom, and a temporary escape from the type of nonsense he peppered his article with. Is he a fan of the band? Is he just zipping out a few quick paragraphs about the band because he's on his way to go 'occupy' something? It's hard to tell.
                        What I do know is that I don't want to read about Mitt Romney or Sarah fuckin' Palin when I'm trying to read about Van Halen. It's the equivalent of reading about a mass-murder in the funnies. It just doesn't make any damn sense.

I've read posts made by people here about the band that are 10x more insightful and interesting than anything in that article.

Comment

• TJMKID
                          Veteran
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                          What I do know is that I don't want to read about Mitt Romney or Sarah fuckin' Palin when I'm trying to read about Van Halen. It's the equivalent of reading about a mass-murder in the funnies. It just doesn't make any damn sense.

I love it because all these Starbucks-sippin' assholes in skinny jeans realize that Van Halen is close to entering their 5th decade of existence and they're still relevant in the culture --- no one is going to remember Romney or Palin a few years from now.

That eats them up on the inside.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by TJMKID
                            I love it because all these Starbucks-sippin' assholes in skinny jeans realize that Van Halen is close to entering their 5th decade of existence and they're still relevant in the culture --- no one is going to remember Romney or Palin a few years from now.

That eats them up on the inside.
                            Four years ago all the fly fishermen at the bar wanted to be balls deep in Sarah Palin's ass. Now nobody is talking about her. She's already done. I doubt most the presidents that have served in my lifetime will be remembered long. Nixon will be remembered for being the first president to resign office and Obama will be remembered for being the first black president. I doubt the rest of them will be remembered 50 years from now. Not even Reagan.
                            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by gbranton
                              The crazy people line?

If you don't suspect Sarah Palin and Rush Limbaugh of being crazy you haven't been paying attention.

Comment

Working...