so I fucked up that joke?
    Yip
    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Heater
      Foot Soldier
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by fraroc
      You have two choices. Either apologize and say that D-Ro is God or get the fuck off this site, you piece of shit.
      D-Ro is God.

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Heater
        D-Ro is God.
        Invalid post. No apology. Don't bother.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• vandeleur
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Sep 2009

Come on say sorry

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Courtesy VHND - DLR's audio in reference to VHND"s recent post on Van Halen's 40th anniversary of starting to play at Gazzarri's....

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

I think Dave should find a nice jewish girl and get married. He seems lonely and weird these days.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Zing!
                Veteran
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                He seems lonely and weird these days.
                The same thought occurred to me. Dancing around the empty hallways and rooms with no one to keep you company but your dog; talking to a camera just to hear yourself talk. It all seems very lonely. Was the BBQ the last time Dave threw a party there?
                My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• vandeleur
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Sep 2009

I'll be the little ray of sunshine , at least he is talking about music and his history not Japanese wrestling

Now Dave spill the beans on that thing we call your career ..... Bring it we can take it .

Comment

• VHscraps
                    Veteran
                    • Jul 2009

I thought he was involved with that youngish Japanese woman he was photographed with last year? Was it around the time of the run up to Australian gig he announced in some interview that he was in love?

If he is lonely he should forget the The Roth Show and instead hire an archivist to help him make preparations to mark these anniversaries, and - e.g. - buy up stuff like that Fresno footage.

If you're reading this, Dave ... I'll do it! I have experience.
                    THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Heater
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Nov 2010

Comparing live vs. the studio, he tries to make it seem the albums were all live first or second takes. I have a feeling the vocals probably took more than a few attempts.
                      He is also waxing nostalgic to the point that you can feel how much he misses the good old days.

Comment

• VAiN
                        Use my hand, I won't look
                        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Who doesn't miss the good old days?
                        Originally posted by wiseguy
                        That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Heater
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by VAiN
                          Who doesn't miss the good old days?
                          True enough, but I think he realizes his good old days were cut short by his quitting and what he did solo paled in the shadow of VH. Couple that with how age and a strong missing link means there's nothing mighty about them so much anymore. Open the vaults is the nightly cry, much more fun to see who they were, not who they are trying to be.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Heater
                            Open the vaults is the nightly cry, much more fun to see who they were, not who they are trying to be.
                            You're a selective reader. I see lot's of people in here hoping for more new music and tours. Most of these folks, present party included, want to see and hear some old stuff, too. Somehow, that makes us tragically unhip in your eyes. So much that you can't break away from us. I gotta tell ya, that's pretty sad.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Zing!
                              The same thought occurred to me. Dancing around the empty hallways and rooms with no one to keep you company but your dog; talking to a camera just to hear yourself talk. It all seems very lonely. Was the BBQ the last time Dave threw a party there?
                              Dave reminds me of my older brother. My brother passed away from a heart attack but he was the same age as Dave. He did well for himself and lived alone. He was a bachelor who never married. He had what seemed to be decent women interested in tying the knot but he just wouldn't. The lack of commitment eventually would make them bolt.

He was married to his job. We used to talk every Sunday. He loved talking to our kids. He started to show more interest in family and the things we did growing up. I knew what the problem was. He was lonely. He wanted something solid and lasting. I had it he didn't so he was trying to borrow some of what I had. I felt like saying, stop being so picky, find a nice woman, marry her and build a home.

I see it in Dave. You can see Dave is reflecting on his childhood and actually trying to relive it a bit. Nothing wrong with that. But man. Dave needs to find the right women and just build the next stage of his life. It's a big lonely house and Dave is acting like a little kid who hasn't grown up yet. Frankly it's a bit scary.
                              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ashstralia
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Feb 2004

The thread that keeps on giving!

Not only the great Dave Lee Roth giving his magnificent insights into a life writ large, now we get the Dr. Nitro phd, bsa, wkr.

Hehe...

Comment

Working...