X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heater
    Foot Soldier
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
    You're a selective reader. I see lot's of people in here hoping for more new music and tours. Most of these folks, present party included, want to see and hear some old stuff, too. Somehow, that makes us tragically unhip in your eyes. So much that you can't break away from us. I gotta tell ya, that's pretty sad.
    New music? Fine...it will be heralded as the best they've ever recorded by the regulars here, absolutely burying anything done with Cherone or Hagar. Another tour? Fine....unless they get Mike (maybe someday Dave will let you call him by his name again) back I don't think the vocals will have improved from the last jaunt and general interest will perhaps fade some.

Roth loves performing, being on the stage, so much so that you have to wonder if he does much more than plan his next webisode. Kinda like the person at a party or concert or whatever who spends more time twittering or facebooking about what an awesome time he's having than actually living the experience.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Heater
      Kinda like the person at a party or concert or whatever who spends more time twittering or facebooking about what an awesome time he's having than actually living the experience.
      That actually sounds a bit more like you. Dave's reminisces and all you can do is put you're own life on hold just long enough to bag on him and the people who just so happen to be listening to him. Yay you.

Comment

• ashstralia
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Feb 2004

Roth loves performing, being on the stage, so much so that you have to wonder if he does much more than plan his next webisode. Kinda like the person at a party or concert or whatever who spends more time twittering or facebooking about what an awesome time he's having than actually living the experience.
        Wow man. That's deep.

Like, being the singer of classic van halen and an emt and a seasoned mountain climber ain't enough. Yeah, he's a bit of a layabout.

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

New music? Fine...it will be heralded as the best they've ever recorded by the regulars here, absolutely burying anything done with Cherone or Hagar.
          I doubt anyone here would declare new music from this band, better than the original 6 pack.

But yes, it will absolutely bury anything done with Clichegar or Cherbone. How could it not?

Comment

• Heater
            Foot Soldier
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
            That actually sounds a bit more like you. Dave's reminisces and all you can do is put you're own life on hold just long enough to bag on him and the people who just so happen to be listening to him. Yay you.
            Sounds like ME? Your ( not "you're") 3,000 more posts than me suggest you must save a bundle on sunscreen.

Comment

• Heater
              Foot Soldier
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ashstralia
              Wow man. That's deep.

Like, being the singer of classic van halen and an emt and a seasoned mountain climber ain't enough. Yeah, he's a bit of a layabout.
              Doubt he has been in the back of an ambulance in a loooong time, sounds like a phase he went through. Was he ever that much of a mountain climber? He did that album cover shoot and was said to be scared shitless the whole time. Examples of more talking about doing it than doing it.

Comment

• Jesus Christ
                Veteran
                • Jan 2004

Jesus! Shut up!
                Go to Hell, Bleater!

For all his talking he really says very little. Same old same old.
                Ye should talk......

Originally posted by ELVIS
                Amen to that...
                Verily....

D-Ro is God.
                I can assure thee that he is not, nor hath he ever claimed to be.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Sounds like ME? Your ( not "you're") 3,000 more posts than me suggest you must save a bundle on sunscreen.

Ha! Tweaked my original thought and forgot to change it.

I-pods hold up in the sun just fine and so do I, thanks.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ashstralia
                    The thread that keeps on giving!

Not only the great Dave Lee Roth giving his magnificent insights into a life writ large, now we get the Dr. Nitro phd, bsa, wkr.

Hehe...
                    Someone has to be the shrink. I haven't seen Momshell around so I'm filling in for her.
                    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• bantonelli
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Nov 2004

Hilarious. Heater hasn't put in his time here or else he'd know that Dave has hiked jungles as well as Yosemite where the Skyscraper album cover shot took place... besides, you heard he was scared? Do tell your source for your rhetoric...
                      "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• Angel
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

I don't know his source, but here's mine:

" Ron Kauk lowers down and places a bunch of A4 pitons with the final piton a long medium Lost Arrow piton that sticks out about three-quarters of its length. "Ron tells me he hopes it holds David's ass. Ha ha ha ha." They get David Lee Roth on a rope and have him rappel down to the last piton. "He takes one look at that thing and says F*@%! I'm not hanging off that thing. It'll pull out and I'll die. He is now visibly shaking real bad and scared s---less." Roth doesn't know what to think since he has virtually no experience aid climbing.

Werner tells Roth that he has to have "faith in the rigger and the rigger will never lie to you." He then tells Roth that the piton is one foot long and that seven inches of the Lost Arrow "he's looking at is buried in that horizontal crack to his total disbelief." Ron, listening to the dialogue, rolled his eyes while Galen waited impatiently to start burning film. Finally David Lee Roth "gets on that thing shaking like s---."

Werner Braun remembers, "The shoot is on! David does his Hollywood mode. Smiles and all in between bouts of shakes and deep breaths. Galen shoots off his 20 or so rolls in record time and David gets his rope back from above and jugs out. I clean the piton he was on with one jerk of my hand. Kauk's eyes roll again and we're out of there." After the shoot, Roth gave Kauk and Braun a gold-plated carabiner engraved with "Diamond Dave."
                        "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Heater
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by bantonelli
                          Hilarious. Heater hasn't put in his time here or else he'd know that Dave has hiked jungles as well as Yosemite where the Skyscraper album cover shot took place... besides, you heard he was scared? Do tell your source for your rhetoric...
                          The above post highlights his scaredypantsness. I'm aware of his jungle excursions and his jaunts to Yosemite...would that be the same Yosemite where families go camping and such? Did Dave almost get burned to death by a flaming marshmallow or something? Whew, he's lucky to be alive!

Comment

• fraroc
                            Commando
                            • Jun 2012

The above post highlights his scaredypantsness. I'm aware of his jungle excursions and his jaunts to Yosemite...would that be the same Yosemite where families go camping and such? Did Dave almost get burned to death by a flaming marshmallow or something? Whew, he's lucky to be alive!
                            You're a failed abortion, you poo poo head.

I'M THE MOTHERFUCKING KING OF BAD COMEBACKS!!!!
                            How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• Heater
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by fraroc
                              You're a failed abortion, you poo poo head.

I'M THE MOTHERFUCKING KING OF BAD COMEBACKS!!!!
                              Well that is quite a distinction, God (Dave) knows there are plenty here vying for that crown! Keep up the subpar work. Keep yearning for it and always believe. Hope and Faith aren't just a couple of strippers from Albuquerque ya know! Boom! Godammitbabyiaintlyingtoyaimonlygonnatellyouonetim e!

Comment

• fraroc
                                Commando
                                • Jun 2012

Well that is quite a distinction, God (Dave) knows there are plenty here vying for that crown! Keep up the subpar work. Keep yearning for it and always believe. Hope and Faith aren't just a couple of strippers from Albuquerque ya know! Boom! Godammitbabyiaintlyingtoyaimonlygonnatellyouonetim e!
                                In all seriousness, why the fuck did you join a David Lee Roth fan forum if you're not a fan? Makes no fucking sense whatsoever.
                                How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

Working...