• Show
Clear All
  • VAiN
    Use my hand, I won't look
    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by fraroc
    The Great Van Halen Project, eh?

I'm calling it right now, New album and tour for 2015. (Can you fucking believe that there are some idiots on the VHND facebook saying that the Project is "herpa derp sammy hagar returning to vh")
    You got lotto numbers in that crystal ball too? Dave did mention 2015 for an album, so this isn't necessarily shocking.
    Originally posted by wiseguy
    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

Nah he has mentioned an album before he can't really go back and say it's a secret must be something else .
      And people at the vhnd saying it's the return of Hagar .... I mean wow can just see Dave happy to announce that .

Maybe it's to announce the van halen's are finally releasing the NSA files documenting they were kidnapped in 85 and held hostage whilst Korean robots replaced them . Dave in a secret ninja mission sprung them to tour in 07. And now they are demanding the cd's made by these sub standard clones be destroyed and taken on out of circulation ( guess who's not back in circulation , if you will ).
      That's why they haven't previously released stuff from the vaults as it was full of spare robot parts ....
      It's all clear to me now
      Last edited by vandeleur; 04-15-2014, 06:54 AM.
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• vandeleur
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Sep 2009

Did any one pick up on the whole dave's single again and isn't keeping it hush hush . Mentioned girls more than a couple of times .

Comment

• DLR Bridge
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

About 5 or 6 years ago, Ed did say he had footage of him playing in his high school talent show. I recall him saying people would really trip out if they saw some of the stuff he had. "Some day" he said, which I fully realize translates to 'possibly never, now quit buggin' me', but maybe he's finally up for compiling some artifacts from the bands utterly fascinating formative years. It would make sense to do that sort of thing with the major assist of Dave, of coarse. So that's my guess/hope. That would be cool if "they" (Ed, Al & Dave) being the key three, did a nice follow up retrospective along the lines of the video discussions they had with each other a couple of years ago.

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
            Did any one pick up on the whole dave's single again and isn't keeping it hush hush . Mentioned girls more than a couple of times .
            When has Dave really been anything but single?

Sure, he broke with tradition and mentioned, even allowed a picture of an alleged "girl friend" in Japan... but his treks to Japan have been just the usual, brief self-indulgent hobby excursions. I suspect that young Japanese woman was just another side trip.

Once the thrill of posing in cartoon masks publicly with his dog, a few walks in the park in his plaid suit and Dave had exhausted his worn out humor used and reused over the course of many summers... the new wore off and the messy business of real relationships entered the equation. Then Dave headed home... to dance on his empty dance floor... have long philosophical talks by his empty pool... play with his dog.

They probably found themselves sitting silently wondering why they were in the same room... The aging rock star chasing rainbows as the sun sets on his career and life... and the young woman with a whole future ahead of her, family plans and traditional Japanese values. Doesn't take a great visionary to see where that union was all heading...

There was a time many of us envied Dave's fabulous, flamboyant life or at least what he "sold" us publicly. As time marches on and another endless summer approaches... I feel a sense of sadness for the man. By all accounts, in 60 years he's never found his soul-mate... either they never crossed paths or he was too busy acting the clown and running his mouth to notice the "special one" other than the one in the mirror...
            Last edited by ZahZoo; 04-15-2014, 09:02 AM.
            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Angel
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Can you imagine having to spend weeks on end with Dave? I think after hearing the same story for the millionth time I'd be heading for the hills. Besides, the groupies reported he was a really lousy lay.
              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                When has Dave really been anything but single?

Sure, he broke with tradition and mentioned, even allowed a picture of an alleged "girl friend" in Japan... but his treks to Japan have been just the usual, brief self-indulgent hobby excursions. I suspect that young Japanese woman was just another side trip.

Once the thrill of posing in cartoon masks publicly with his dog, a few walks in the park in his plaid suit and Dave had exhausted his worn out humor used and reused over the course of many summers... the new wore off and the messy business of real relationships entered the equation. Then Dave headed home... to dance on his empty dance floor... have long philosophical talks by his empty pool... play with his dog.

They probably found themselves sitting silently wondering why they were in the same room... The aging rock star chasing rainbows as the sun sets on his career and life... and the young woman with a whole future ahead of her, family plans and traditional Japanese values. Doesn't take a great visionary to see where that union was all heading...

There was a time many of us envied Dave's fabulous, flamboyant life or at least what he "sold" us publicly. As time marches on and another endless summer approaches... I feel a sense of sadness for the man. By all accounts, in 60 years he's never found his soul-mate... either they never crossed paths or he was too busy acting the clown and running his mouth to notice the "special one" other than the one in the mirror...
                A lot of truth in that

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I guess it depends what you are looking for from life...

Comment

• ZahZoo
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Great Van Halen Project...

How about the old tradition of speculation...

Seems logical to look at VH's management (Azoff MSG Entertainment) which is in a huge transformation phase and what do they have in the hopper currently...

Partnership with ACTV8 with the rollout of Streets of the City, a Live Music Discovery TV Show.

The TV show will utilize interactive ground-breaking technology that encourages viewers to participate in a completely original way.

Could Van Halen be involved in a live music interactive TV show?? Dave does TV...

Then there's the recent acquisition of Burns Entertainment which represents blue-chip companies in matching celebrities and licensing music for advertising campaigns and promotions. Which Fortune 100 company could use Van Halen hitched to their product marketing?
                    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• vandeleur
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      I guess it depends what you are looking for from life...

To do one great movie and then voice overs in butter adverts .... Insert spread yourself thin jokes here

Comment

• TJMKID
                        Veteran
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo

You sound like a lovestruck 14 yr. old girl who just got done watching "The Notebook" for the 18th time.

"Finding your soulmate" is the dream for average folks like you and me who are resigned to a boring life with a mediocre job and not much else going on. Dave never had to settle for finding a soulmate because he was too happy living a life of fantasy that was unreachable for the rest of us. Lots of memories were made, and that's all you can take with you to the grave.

Look at how many divorces there are, and how many guys marry quickly after divorce or death of spouse --- and all those delusions about soulmates evaporate like a cloud of smoke.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I too think the term "soul mate" is a bit goofy. Kinda like when people say that they "married their best friend". Both terms are used by couples who identify with "When It's Love" and have it played at their wedding.

Comment

• TJMKID
                            Veteran
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                            I too think the term "soul mate" is a bit goofy. Kinda like when people say that they "married their best friend". Both terms are used by couples who identify with "When It's Love" and have it played at their wedding.
                            "Soul mates" only makes sense when you're getting misty-eyed watching "The Notebook" or "Titanic" --- but then the credits roll, you scratch your nuts, grab another cold one and get back to real life.

Comment

• vandeleur
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Sep 2009

Dude you sure like the note book

Comment

• TJMKID
                                Veteran
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                                Dude you sure like the note book
                                I had a gf who made me watch that fuckin' flick about 10 times --- it got her horny so it served it's purpose for a little while

Comment

Working...