X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThrillsNSpills
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
    Nothing wrong with reading lies as long as they are entertaining. Come on. You don't think Dave embellishes his stories? I laughed reading about Sammy's big sex romp where he fucked so many girls he no longer could cum. Proabably all BS but it was entertaining to read.
    Nothing wrong at all if you're enjoying it.
    I did read the two unreleased chapters from several years ago from Sam's unpublished book and then heard about him lying and his bitterness later on but the part about Danniels sure seemed real. I couldn't get past him writing a gossip book about Ed's dark points after Val's. Seemed to catty for someone who should have been grateful someone had a lapse in judgement to let him in the band .

Comment

• DLR Bridge
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I believe Sammy's recollections of events as they unfolded with Ed and Al, during both stints, are probably more true than not. He definitely gets numeric statistical facts wrong, and the sex romps under the stage while Ed is soloing are probably greatly exagerated. Things he gets into about their initial meeting, the good times they had, the fucked up faux live CD, the recording of Balance and his ultimate canning/quitting all sound quite conceivable.

Yeah, I really wish Mike could undo his forward (aweful), but what's done is done.
      Last edited by DLR Bridge; 03-08-2013, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• Igosplut
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
        More like Flappo swings from Rogan's nutsack.
        Phil the stalker spooked Rogan far worse than anything Flappo did...
        Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• BumBahDeeDah
          Head Fluffer
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
          It certainly is. The guy makes a good point there, but man, does he ever beat the dead horse.

If there's doubt in anyones mind (outside of here, of course) about how classy Dave is, I offer this: Rogan set up Van Hagar like a watermelon on a batter's tee for Dave and the man said not one single word. He could have crushed Sammy in an instant with few words, but that's never been his style in handling the putz. He truly is not worth Dave's time and brain power. When the other way around is presented, Sammy flails like a pro basketball player at Dave.
          Classy, absolutely, but also I bet without anyone in the current band saying anything to him, Dave knows that to make fun or diss Van Hagar's music is to make fun or diss two of his current band mates.

Dissing the Red guy is just a waste of Dave's breath. It would make Hagar more important than he actually is. Besides, we do enough of that for Dave.
          Last edited by BumBahDeeDah; 03-08-2013, 09:38 PM.

Comment

• BumBahDeeDah
            Head Fluffer
            • Mar 2004

When they got o the discussion about nicotine, I was a little disappointed he didn't use one of my all time favorite Roth lines :
            "Creativity doesn't come from a glass of iced tea!"

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

I found the podcast quite entertaining. When Rogan said don't cut your dick off just because you want to pummel women in the ring had me rolling. He seems to understand and know the beast here. There must be some pretty fucked up people wanting to showboat and get their jollies off in that fighting business.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• BumBahDeeDah
                Head Fluffer
                • Mar 2004

When they got to the discussion about nicotine, I was a little disappointed he didn't use one of my all time favorite Roth lines :

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by BumBahDeeDah
                  When they got o the discussion about nicotine, I was a little disappointed he didn't use one of my all time favorite Roth lines :
                  I probably smoke five cigars a year. Real expensive ones. I just figure if I keep the habit expensive I won't get addicted. I refuse to smoke cigarettes.
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

If there's doubt in anyones mind (outside of here, of course) about how classy Dave is, I offer this: Rogan set up Van Hagar like a watermelon on a batter's tee for Dave and the man said not one single word. He could have crushed Sammy in an instant with few words, but that's never been his style in handling the putz. He truly is not worth Dave's time and brain power. When the other way around is presented, Sammy flails like a pro basketball player at Dave.
                    That's all very true.

I do find it a bit suspicious though that a guy of Dave's intelligence couldn't remember Cherone's name...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Igosplut
                      Phil the stalker spooked Rogan far worse than anything Flappo did...
                      Remind us of that story, he posted here for a bit too didn't he?

Rogan seems to have improved a bit with age, he used to come across as one of those angry little alpha male types with height issues.

He is still as gullible as fuck though if you listen to the previous podcast with a ET con man called Stephen Greer.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        I do find it a bit suspicious though that a guy of Dave's intelligence couldn't remember Cherone's name...
                        Could've been purposely down playing that the VH3 situation ever happened. That surely left a worse taste in his mouth than ours.

Comment

• Angel
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          That's all very true.

The memory is weird as we age....and nothing to do with intelligence. I used to be great with names. I'd meet you once and 3 years later could still remember your name when I saw you. Now? Hell last fall I saw 3 actors that I directed a few years ago. Couldn't remember their names.

Getting old sucks...
                          "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Northern Girl
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Could've been purposely down playing that the VH3 situation ever happened. That surely left a worse taste in his mouth than ours.
                            Yeah, I choose to believe he just doesn't want to go anywhere near the Van Hagar and Van Cherone discussion. Why rock the boat? Things are going well. He talks to Al every day. There's no need to bring up ancient history now, especially talking about Sam and having him get wind of it and do his blah blah in the media. Then all of a sudden, it's a big deal; when in fact who gives a shit!

And Joe was just making statements about all the changes and how cool it must be for him to be back in the band after all of that. Didn't seem like he was prodding Dave to comment on the other incarnations. Didn't try too hard if that was what he wanted.
                            Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Yeah, was only mild prodding I s'pose, but who wouldn't want World War 25 started on their show? He was hoping for some sort of response rather than silence. Dave needs not to discuss disposable chapters.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

The MMA chick who once had a dick they were talking about is on CNN right now...

Comment

Working...