X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • evhfan
    Banned
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Warham
    Brian's fan? LOL He's probably maybe 6'3" and 220 dude? You think that's fat????
    yeah he was that back in 69...add 150 lbs to that now bref

Comment

• Warham
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

You're an idiot.

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
        Veteran
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by GJK4
        Am I correct in assuming that there are those out there who stand so strongly behind Roth that they've been boycotting all VH material since he quit? If this is the case, it's pretty sad. Don't miss out on some great material, keep an open mind, don't be stubborn. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with liking one era of VH over another, but be realistic.
        Right Now, what's realistic is that Van Hagar is not having a successful tour. Realistically they'd do a LOT better by having a true reunion with David Lee Roth. Realistically Van Hagar is screwing Dave out of serious cash from the first 6 albums that he had 33% of musical input alone, not to mention P.R., CD design and Video content. Realistically, most fans, record execs and DJs prefer the original lineup with Dave. Don't be pushin' what your version of reality is until you get your facts straight, realistically speaking, of course.
        http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
        http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
        http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

33%??

More like 50%

There's no way that Alex or Mikey ever wrote shit. And Eddie on his own can only write riffs, but he has no idea what to do with them. That's why VDIII was such an incoherent mess, and the same with the new Van Hagar songs, which were obviously "finished" pieces of music that Sammy just sang over.

As awful as the previous Van Hagar ballads were, at least they were properly constructed as songs.

So if there were any distribution of songwriting responsibility other than 50/50, I'd go 60/40 in Dave's favor. Hagar's split would probably be 55/45. Now isn't that ironic?
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Catfish

Right now this post belongs at the FUCKING LINKS.

Comment

• Warham
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

Yes, it does. Nobody here wants to read what's inside that piece of shit cash-grab hits package.

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
                Veteran
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                33%??

More like 50%

There's no way that Alex or Mikey ever wrote shit. And Eddie on his own can only write riffs, but he has no idea what to do with them. That's why VDIII was such an incoherent mess, and the same with the new Van Hagar songs, which were obviously "finished" pieces of music that Sammy just sang over.

As awful as the previous Van Hagar ballads were, at least they were properly constructed as songs.

So if there were any distribution of songwriting responsibility other than 50/50, I'd go 60/40 in Dave's favor. Hagar's split would probably be 55/45. Now isn't that ironic?

True, for some reason I thought Alex had more input, but come to think of it, he probably only got credit 'cause he's Ed's brother. But knowing what Van Hagar became after Dave left, it's obvious that Dave had A LOT of creative input.

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
                  Since you wont be buying it, thought I'd share this with ya...

Y'know, Van Halen could've done something REALLY special if they had Dave in the band all these years since 1984. All kidding aside, it's a shame that this 'huge greatest hits release' isn't with Dave, because it makes me wonder just how massive it would've/could've and should've been with Dave.

Where Have All The Good Times Gone?

Comment

• General Hina
                    Sniper
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
                    BBAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH...........Sorry, I'm not into pussy ballads, and 3rd rate "rock stars". Next.
                    At this point in time or since 1994 Dave has been a third rate rock star.
                    He hasn't been out on a big tour or had a big CD in 10 years.
                    To Me that is 3rd rate.
                    He hasn't been on a major label in 10 years and even his best of as a solo artist was a modest seller.
                    I know you hate Sammy and VH with Sammy but come on Dave is the epitomy of what a third rate rockstar is.

Rock Star: Jagger, Plant, Tyler
                    2nd rate rockstar: Jon Bon Jovi, Sammy Hagar, Billy Idol
                    3rd rate rockstar: DLR, Vince Neil, Billy Squier

Over, Out and Honest,
                    General Hina

Comment

• General Hina
                      Sniper
                      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Warham
                      Yes, it does. Nobody here wants to read what's inside that piece of shit cash-grab hits package.
                      Was Dave's best of solo material a cash grab too?
                      "Don't piss me off" that was a very successful song.

Hina rocks

Comment

• Warham
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

Sammy Hagar is a 56th rate rock star. He can't drive 55, and he can't rate 55.

Comment

• Warham
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by General Hina
                          Was Dave's best of solo material a cash grab too?
                          "Don't piss me off" that was a very successful song.

Hina rocks
                          No, because Dave hadn't released a previous greatest hits with half the same songs in an eight year span.

Good enough reason for you?

Comment

• Roth kills Sam
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Mar 2004

To Me that is 3rd rate.
                            He hasn't been on a major label in 10 years and even his best of as a solo artist was a modest seller.
                            I know you hate Sammy and VH with Sammy but come on Dave is the epitomy of what a third rate rockstar is.

Over, Out and Honest,
                            General Hina
                            As usual, Hina talking trash about Roth...

Why are you here? WHy do you bother? Nobody here respects you or wants you here.

Over and Out
                            Hina's Father

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
                              Veteran
                              • Jan 2004

To Me that is 3rd rate.

Over, Out and Honest,
                              General Hina
                              Maybe if you got your head unstuck from your anal cavity you'd realize that David Lee Roth is just as much 'Legend' as Jagger, Plant and Tyler. Don't believe me? Think that's just my opinion? Take this quiz:

1) What would The Rolling Stones be without Mick Jagger?
                              2) What would Led Zeppelin be without Robert Plant?
                              3) What would Aerosmith be without Steven Tyler?

Bonus questions:

4) What is Queen now without Freddy Mercury?
                              5) What did Black Sabbath become after Ozzy?
                              6) Which do you prefer The Doors with Jim Morrison, or the 21st Century Doors with Ian Astbury?
                              7) What would The Who be without Roger Daltrey?

If you lied like a Hagarita on this test, then not only did you fail....

(all together boys.....)

YOU SUCK!

Comment

• EmpyreLounge44
                                Foot Soldier
                                • Jun 2004

What would The Who be without Roger Daltrey?

Better im a pete guy, even if he likes looking at the young nuddy pics online, he still a killer musician

Comment

Working...