• Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Van Halen to perform at California Mid-State Fair - July 24th

Van Halen to perform at Mid-State Fair
    Posted: May 8, 2013 2:09 PM by Katherine Worsham, KSBY News

The California Mid-State Fair announced on Wednesday that Van Halen has been booked for the 2013 Fair.

The legendary rock band will perform at 7:30 pm on Wednesday, July 24th in the Chumash Grandstand Arena.

Ticket prices range from $50 to $180 and will go on sale on Friday, May 17th at 10:00 am.

Van Halen is known for its hits, including "Jump", "Ain't Talking ‘Bout Love", "Panama", and "Runnin' With the Devil".

For more information on how to purchase tickets, visit the Fair's website by clicking here.
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth
  • Anonymous
    Banned
    • May 2004

Van Halen is also know for its hit "I Can't Stop Loving You".

Just sayin'.

Cheers!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker

Just sayin'.

Cheers!
      crouton

cretin, whatever
      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• fraroc
        Commando
        • Jun 2012

It seems like Van Halen is being very hit & run with their concert schedule this year. (Yes I know, we should be glad that there even IS a concert schedule for Van Halen this year)
        How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• conmee
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker

Just sayin'.

Cheers!
          Yeah, but no... no one knows them for that song... MAYBE they are familiar with Josephina or Without You.... and if they are old enough, just MAYBE Why Can't This Be Dreams, but other than those few chart toppers, I think that's it...

Mind The Gap!

Icon©®™
          An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
          hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• VHscraps
            Veteran
            • Jul 2009

I live in Europe so what do I know, but aren't state fairs for when you have hit the skids?

And, while we are on the issue of what the band is up to - sack fucking Irving Azoff, the twat, for saying that there was "no way" they were playing Europe.

Yeah, so they can play fucking state fairs and fritter away the reputation, perhaps .... y'know, just let it fizzle out in some field where the punters are queuing for boiled burgers or something until they are the equivalent of Warrant or some such redundant hair band.

Sometimes Van Halen get right on my tits.
            THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Anonymous
              Banned
              • May 2004

Yeah, well, I'm just sayin' they could've included that song in the list.

And "How Many Say I?"

*runs*

Cheers!

Comment

• Carmine
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2004

...was just coming in to post this news, as well, Beach

...more gigs...more gigs...more gigs...

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2007

not gonna make this one
                  Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Carmine
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Apr 2004

...and the NYS Fair can hold up to 17,000...

...just sayin, boys'

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by VHscraps
                      I live in Europe so what do I know, but aren't state fairs for when you have hit the skids?

And, while we are on the issue of what the band is up to - sack fucking Irving Azoff, the twat, for saying that there was "no way" they were playing Europe.

Yeah, so they can play fucking state fairs and fritter away the reputation, perhaps .... y'know, just let it fizzle out in some field where the punters are queuing for boiled burgers or something until they are the equivalent of Warrant or some such redundant hair band.

Not necessarily....

Some of these places can hold some pretty big crowds....

Just looked up this place, it holds nearly 15,000.....

This looks pretty official, by the way.... http://www.midstatefair.com/news_details.php?id=17
                      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• conmee
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Mar 2003

Bro,

You need to understand something.... the CALIFORNIA MID-STATE FAIR (Cali has the 8th largest economy globally and debt equal to Greece, baby!) attracts EVERYONE FROM EVERYWHERE! People leave the beach in droves just to get some "Inland Empire/Central Valley" dust and humidity! This fair attracts 80% of the 12 million illegal immigrants in the state, a handful of whites and a couple brothers... if playing this gig is "on the skids" then I say "Where Do I Sign Up!?!?!?"

P.S. I'm a California native, so I probably shouldn't be so harsh on my home state. Truthfully, I didn't even KNOW there was such a thing as a MID-STATE Fair... I've been to the "town" this fair is in... I've stopped for fuel and to use the toilet on roadtrips between Las Vegas and San Francisco.

Mind The Gap!

Icon©®™
                        An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
                        hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Yeah, so they can play fucking state fairs and fritter away the reputation, perhaps ...
                          Oddly enough, most state fairs have great fritter stands.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                            Oddly enough, most state fairs have great fritter stands.
                            and the "tom thumb" donuts! now called american or family donuts or somethin'

Comment

• Anonymous
                              Banned
                              • May 2004

It's still a state fair, I mean come on!

And a MID state fair, at that, not even a TOP, or HIGH state fair.

Pretty soon we'll have the Ed & Dave Show, with the bumper cars doing the rhythm section.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...