David Lee Roth Better Than Robert Plant Singing Live???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThatArtGuy
    Foot Soldier
    • Jan 2004

Don't worry. I still don't get it, and I'm a fairly sharp guy.
    I brought my pencil!!!

Comment

• BenJammin
      Foot Soldier
      • Feb 2004

... anyhoo, Robert is apparently doing just fine these days.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
      "Money can't buy poverty." -Marty Feldman

Comment

• cadaverdog
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Aug 2007

Sorry if I'm necro posting (if that means posting in old threads that already ran their course) but Robert Plant and Dave are two different critter completely. On stage they both sing and dance around but RP never told anyone he was going to fuck their girlfriend or try to proof they could drink gallons of booze without barfing. RP never felt much need to be the man off stage. Dave tries to make his stage persona his real persona. RP was/is a family man who tries to keep his personal life and his stage life seperate. If the members of Zep ever fought backstage it stayed backstage. Van Halen is/was a great American band. Zep is/was a great band internationally. I think Zep will be remembered long after VH is completely forgotten. I still like Van Halen and Dave but I never thought VH and Zep were in the same league. VH could have been but ego killed that long ago.
        BTW: If you hate Dave so much, why do you post here Kristy?
        Beware of Dog

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

In my opinion the only time 'necro posting' is a problem is if the title is something like 'Hagar to tour with Van Halen' and it's from 10 years ago and gives people a fright.

Going back to non specific(datewise) topics and relaunching them I think is totally fine.

That said I'm Scottish and at this time of year not reliable in any way to the point that by law we officially have two days vacation just to get over the debauchery...

Comment

• cadaverdog
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Aug 2007

I wonder what Dave was like before he joined his first band. I'd like to hear what other things he was into. I've never read his book (if he has one) but I've never heard much about him other than his life with, after and with VH again. I know he likes cars but I've never heard about any he's owned. Other than the Merc that is. I almost forgot about the Merc.
            Beware of Dog

Comment

• BITEYOASS
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

Q: David Lee Roth Better Than Robert Plant Singing Live?

A: Yes! End of Discussion!

I've got an even better question. Why do we have to over-analyze shit that we already know? Is this a fuckin' college research project or something?!?! It's called rock n' roll, not homework!

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

Oh wait, here's another Q&A for ya!

Q: Why is Krusty such an uptight cunt?

A: Who the fuck knows, she just is!

Comment

• cadaverdog
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Aug 2007

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
                  Q: David Lee Roth Better Than Robert Plant Singing Live?

A: Yes!
                  That must be why Van Halen put out so many live albums and Zep didn't. Dave's the man in VH but he's no Robert Plant. Robert Plant still has a career.
                  Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Aug 2007

Oh wait, here's another Q&A for ya!

Q: Why is Krusty such an uptight cunt?

A: Who the fuck knows, she just is!
                    Uptight? Yes.Tight? Doubtful. She's been rode hard and put away wet many times. She was a Zep groupie till Page gave her the boot. Colorado. Isn't that where Kobe Bryant cornholed that girl? Maybe it was Kristy.
                    Beware of Dog

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                      That must be why Van Halen put out so many live albums and Zep didn't. Dave's the man in VH but he's no Robert Plant. Robert Plant still has a career.
                      Well the main reason their hasn't been any official live albums is due to some stupid legal bullshit that we don't know about.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Aug 2007

Well the main reason their hasn't been any official live albums is due to some stupid legal bullshit that we don't know about.
                        That's probably true. I've heard something of that nature but you can't deny Plant had a much better solo career with musicians nobody ever heard of. He didn't need another Page to be successful. Dave had Steve Vai in his band and couldn't make it as a solo act. Van Halen screwed the pooch when they parted ways with Dave but they were headed for mediocrity even with Dave. The split with Dave just made everyone forget how shitty they were getting. They might have gotten their mojo back but we'll never know now.
                        Beware of Dog

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

The singer is always going to be the weak link in an ageing band. Plant has realised that he can't do what he did at 22, and the rest of the band moderate the songs to accomodate him. The sisters don't, and Dave still struggles his way through.

I guess it's a question of versatility plus getting along............
                          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• cadaverdog
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by binnie
                            The singer is always going to be the weak link in an ageing band. Plant has realised that he can't do what he did at 22, and the rest of the band moderate the songs to accomodate him. The sisters don't, and Dave still struggles his way through.

I guess it's a question of versatility plus getting along............
                            I heard Peter Grant and Bonzo used to duke it out but the rest of the guys got along fine. The Beatles, The Who and The Stones used to get into fights but I never heard of the members of Zep beating or wanting to beat each other senseless. I read somewhere that the members of "Eagles" use to talk shit to each other during songs on stage. They'd say shit like after this show's over I'm kicking your ass on a regular basis. Henley and Frey are the only real "Eagles" left in the band. I think they fired the other guys one by one till they were the only two left.
                            Beware of Dog

Comment

• SunisinuS
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • May 2010

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                              I heard Peter Grant and Bonzo used to duke it out but the rest of the guys got along fine. The Beatles, The Who and The Stones used to get into fights but I never heard of the members of Zep beating or wanting to beat each other senseless. I read somewhere that the members of "Eagles" use to talk shit to each other during songs on stage. They'd say shit like after this show's over I'm kicking your ass on a regular basis. Henley and Frey are the only real "Eagles" left in the band. I think they fired the other guys one by one till they were the only two left.

Define Herd.

As last time I checked, most everything I read was not heard. i am typing this as we speak.
                              Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Angel
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by SunisinuS
                                Define Herd.
                                A group of cattle or other domestic animals of a single kind kept together for a specific purpose.
                                "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

Working...