David Lee Roth Better Than Robert Plant Singing Live???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fraroc
    Commando
    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by vandeleur
    Dude you throw bombs don't shit the bed when someone throws one back .
    You don't want grief don't play
    Just saying
    I usually don't want grief.

But then again, it's RothArmy.
    How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by fraroc
      Hey Kristy- get yourself that vaginal restoration surgery yet?
      I guess that's a no on your unmotivated job search. Meanwhile, do enjoy your fatherly abuse and live with him until you are about 40 instead of getting out of that house as any normal and sane person would in a fucking heartbeat.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by fraroc
        Hey Kristy- get yourself that vaginal restoration surgery yet?
        Huh ? You gotta have one first

Comment

• 78/84 guy
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Terry
          The unenhanced (as in no post-show studio overdubs) audio of the 02 show is obviously a bit different than what ended up on Celebration Day, particularly with the vocals. As the raw audio demonstrates, Plant could still pull off some songs well (For Your Life sounded really good). Hearing him try and warble through Stairway at that show was just embarrassing. It'd be one thing to be there seeing it in realtime, I suppose, but when listening to it with a clinical ear it was just...it didn't sound good. Good Times Bad Times sounded like it was detuned at least a whole step...with the stuff they did from Houses through Presence, the vocals sounded decent. Anything earlier than Houses found Plant struggling. There was no escape, my sweet Satan.
          Funny. I thought he made Stairway sound interesting. It was tuned down but he sang it with emotion I thought. I remember thinking he did good for a song he seems too hate.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Kristy

Here we have two David Lee Roth fans getting ready to go to a Van Halen concert. They believe he is a "good singer" too.
            I fucking wish.

See that Roth Army T-shirt advert at the top of your screen? The shipment would have sold out years ago if Sarge had only bought XL rather than a wide range of Small, Medium and Female...

Comment

• fraroc
              Commando
              • Jun 2012

Here we have two David Lee Roth fans getting ready to go to a Van Halen concert. They believe he is a "good singer" too.
              You want to know something? It doesn't fucking matter what sexuality someone is, so long as they like good rock n' roll. I saw a gay couple at the Motley Crue/ KISS concert a year ago and you know what? I didn't mind, and no one else really minded either. As long as someone likes good music, that's all that matters as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                I fucking wish.

See that Roth Army T-shirt advert at the top of your screen? The shipment would have sold out years ago if Sarge had only bought XL rather than a wide range of Small, Medium and Female...
                Sesh, homoerotica never comes in XL

Comment

• Satan
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

Probably not. Otherwise Freddie Mercury would have written a song called "Fat Bottomed Boys"
                  Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                  I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Sesh, homoerotica never comes in XL
                    I have seen a fair amount of 'lesbians' on the internet but the ones I've met in real life are very different.

Is the male equivalent more true to life? I've only got one or two male gay friends, I wish I had more.

Then again I only have one good friend who is seriously into the dance culture thing and only a couple who are black. You make most of your friends when you are young and I'm afraid Scotland wasn't that cosmopolitan back in the early 90s so there weren't that many opportunities to broaden my horizons in the real world.

It didn't help being into rock music. I think I mentioned before that when I went to see Van Halen in Baltimore the only black face I saw in a crowd of 18 000 was one of the the guys tending bar. I think it's the same with homosexuals, people tend to buy their culture as a package and despite your jokes unfortunately rock music has on the whole always been less attractive to gay people than other forms of music.

Comment

• Kristy
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

I just find it rather odd that many of you around here "worship" a 60 year old man who wore spandex over 30 years ago. Homoeroticism and homosexuality are not the same deal but if you are gay for Roth then more power to ya.

Comment

• fraroc
                        Commando
                        • Jun 2012

I just find it rather odd that many of you around here "worship" a 60 year old man who wore spandex over 30 years ago. Homoeroticism and homosexuality are not the same deal but if you are gay for Roth then more power to ya.
                        He's 58, don't rush him.

Comment

• fraroc
                          Commando
                          • Jun 2012

I have seen a fair amount of 'lesbians' on the internet but the ones I've met in real life are very different.

Is the male equivalent more true to life? I've only got one or two male gay friends, I wish I had more.

Then again I only have one good friend who is seriously into the dance culture thing and only a couple who are black. You make most of your friends when you are young and I'm afraid Scotland wasn't that cosmopolitan back in the early 90s so there weren't that many opportunities to broaden my horizons in the real world.

It didn't help being into rock music. I think I mentioned before that when I went to see Van Halen in Baltimore the only black face I saw in a crowd of 18 000 was one of the the guys tending bar. I think it's the same with homosexuals, people tend to buy their culture as a package and despite your jokes unfortunately rock music has on the whole always been less attractive to gay people than other forms of music.
                          Gay people can like whatever the fuck straight people like.

Hell, If I was gay, I wouldn't nesscicarily be listening to Euro-Pop, I'd still be listening to all my favorite bands like AC/DC, KISS, Van Halen and the list goes on and on.

Comment

• Mushroom
                            Commando
                            • Jul 2009

I've only got one or two male gay friends, I wish I had more... there weren't that many opportunities to broaden my horizons in the real world.
                            there's a good siggy in there somewhere!

Comment

• Mushroom
                              Commando
                              • Jul 2009

In all seriousness, if that's possible here, some of the best Rock singers and performers were gay or bi-sexual... Elton John, Freddie Mercury, David Bowie, Rod Stewart, Paul Stanley, Rob Halford, Geoff Tate, David Coverdale, Jim Morrison, Jerry Garcia, Don Henley, Bruce Springsteen, James Hetfield, Brian Johnson, Waylon Jennings and even Willie Nelson

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

Yep...

They all sold their souls...

Comment

Working...