Banned
    • Dec 2003

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
      Damn...that's harsh.

I think a proper rogering would sort you out.

I don't care. He's a major reason for fucking up 'da Halen.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Kristy
        I don't care. He's a major reason for fucking up 'da Halen.
        You don't care is right. Why are you on here anyway ? You don't even like the band.

Comment

• CVH Rulz
          Head Fluffer
          • Jun 2005

If you had the choice in your early 20's what would you do?

1. Sit around and wait for your dad to do something? (with the possibility of nothing ever happening for years)
          2. Go out, make your own band, rock your own music, and eat every pussy from sea to shining sea?

I think most would take option number 2.
          Not if the band is Van Fucking Halen!

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
            Yes he is. Too bad he is such a dick.
            Mike never got out of touch with what was important to the fans. A lot of people in his shoes take the fans for granted. Mike always seemed to know people paid a lot of money and drove a long way in to see them He was the most fan friendly member in that band. Yeah he can be cheesy, goofy but listen to Fair Warning and some of the old stuff. He laid down some tasty bass funk.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• fryingdutchman
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by CVH Rulz
              Not if the band is Van Fucking Halen!
              OK...fair enough.

But is it really Van Fucking Halen with only 3/4 of the original lineup?

A question for the ages, to be sure....
              Originally posted by perilouspete
              fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fraroc
                Commando
                • Jun 2012

OK...fair enough.

But is it really Van Fucking Halen with only 3/4 of the original lineup?

A question for the ages, to be sure....
                Now instead of two Van Halens it's three Van Halens
                How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                  Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by fraroc
                  Now instead of two Van Halens it's three Van Halens
                  One of which had absolutely nothing to do with crafting the legendary six pack that produced the classic songs the band focused on 95% of the time over their last two tours....
                  fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• chuckjitsu
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                    Mike never got out of touch with what was important to the fans. A lot of people in his shoes take the fans for granted. Mike always seemed to know people paid a lot of money and drove a long way in to see them.
                    Exactly right. I remember reading an article where he spoke of his involvement in the train wreck of a tour in 2004. He said he basically did that tour for the fans as he was basically a salaried employee on that tour thanks to the brothers and as we all know, that tour wasn't exactly a positive experience for anybody.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I've never bought the 'I only did a shit tour for the fans'. If it was about the fans then he would have announced that Ed wasn't up to it said he was pulling out and that fans shouldn't waste their money.

He should just be honest and admit he did it for the money.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                        Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        I've never bought the 'I only did a shit tour for the fans'. If it was about the fans then he would have announced that Ed wasn't up to it said he was pulling out and that fans shouldn't waste their money.

Meh...I bought it and still do. He didn't need any money in 2004....and I doubt he needs it now.

I believe he saw Ed's condition, thought that he was probably on the road to death, and so he willingly took a big bite of a shit sandwich just to do it one last time.

MA would never publicly announce that Ed was a fucked up, wasted, ticking time bomb. That's never been his style.....ever.

Comment

• Von Halen
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Meh...I bought it and still do. He didn't need any money in 2004....and I doubt he needs it now.

I believe he saw Ed's condition, thought that he was probably on the road to death, and so he willingly took a big bite of a shit sandwich just to do it one last time.

MA would never publicly announce that Ed was a fucked up, wasted, ticking time bomb. That's never been his style.....ever.
                          It's not a "need" of more money, but a want. Why wouldn't he do it? He got paid. I agree with Sesh to an extent, but I believe he did it for the fans and the money.

Actually, Mike said just this week on Stern, that Ed was a fucked up, wasted, ticking time bomb. Maybe not in those exact words, but he and Clichegar both reiterated just how bad off Ed was at that time. Neither of them did it in a vicious way, but an honest way. That was a scary time for Edward Van Halen. He could have easily ended up like any one of the other dead rock stars.

Comment

• fraroc
                            Commando
                            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Seshmeister

Honestly, I don't think it was entirely for the money. In his delusional state, Ed must have thought that going on tour=the magic is back, even if it was with Sam. It's no secret that Eddie Van Halen was in absolutely NO shape to go on tour in 2004. Hell he was on the brink of dying, yet he did anyway.
                            How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• DaveSUCKSLive
                              Roth Army Recruit
                              • Oct 2013

Originally posted by fraroc
                              Honestly, I don't think it was entirely for the money. In his delusional state, Ed must have thought that going on tour=the magic is back, even if it was with Sam. It's no secret that Eddie Van Halen was in absolutely NO shape to go on tour in 2004. Hell he was on the brink of dying, yet he did anyway.
                              Ed must still be in his delusional state if he thinks his current singer was in shape to go on the 2012 tour.

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Oh look.... Bleater/Santa's Douche has a new alias......
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...