X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VetteLS5
    Commando
    • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Mushroom
    Please translate your Virginia English to west coast English. Even Queen's English is acceptable.
    Hey! Not all Virginians tawk like dat.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Pretty annoyed to report what I've heard (still hoping it's bullshit) but, I just got done blasting a two-fer Tuesday dose of VH on Q104.3 and the reputable Carol Miller said, "so, David Lee Roth says he doesn't expect that Van Halen will be doing anything in 2014. Isn't that nice?" Her second sentence was delivered with sarcastic disappointment.

Again, I hope that's BS, but would not surprise me in the least if it's true.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Oh, and the VHND is selling mouse pads with a picture of the Frankenstrat on it. :yawn:
        Last edited by DLR Bridge; 02-05-2014, 07:21 AM. Reason: We seriously need a yawn emoticon up in here. Up in here.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Never was
          New VH in 2014, just an educated guess.

Marketing wise it really is dependent on how much the band is willing to do. They operate so fragmented till early 2013 not surprising there was not a cohesive plan for ADKOT. Still keep it in perspective they sold 200k+ week 1, Springsteen went to number one and is a media fav sold 99k only week 1. The market just sucks period, so difficult to want to put a ton of work in for what may be a limited payoff just due to a shitty context.
          Bottom line is they need too hit a home run. A.D.K.O.T did well in this market it looks like overall. But could it have done better ?? Damn right it could have. The single was the most boring song on the album ! The video for it did nothing for anybody. Rumor is it was picked out of a hat !? If that's true who the fuck made that choice ? I would have asked them what are you thinking ? Its not the best song to bring to the masses who have been waiting years for this album to happen. I will always think Chinatown should have been the first single. Catchy and heavy. It would have fit in with the new rock music being played. And the production of the album wasn't great. About 4 songs sound flat as hell. Dave sings great on most of it then a few tunes he doesn't. Bullethead comes to mind. I don't know how they think the mastered tapes sounded good, or done. I think OU812 was recorded better. O.K. maybe not. If they put something out there just has to be more effort put in to make it sell. Radio won't play anything new for long unless it's really good. So I think it will have too be word of mouth about how good it is to move more than A.D.K.O.T. did. Ed playing like a badass again wouldn't hurt either ! I love A.D.K.O.T. Still listen too it a lot, but it has it's faults. The 6 pack had very few. Except some of the covers on Diver Down.

Comment

• VAiN
            Use my hand, I won't look
            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
            Pretty annoyed to report what I've heard (still hoping it's bullshit) but, I just got done blasting a two-fer Tuesday dose of VH on Q104.3 and the reputable Carol Miller said, "so, David Lee Roth says he doesn't expect that Van Halen will be doing anything in 2014. Isn't that nice?" Her second sentence was delivered with sarcastic disappointment.

Again, I hope that's BS, but would not surprise me in the least if it's true.
            That pretty much falls inline with Dave's earlier 18-month timeline. 2015 VH album & tour... Hopefully.
            Originally posted by wiseguy
            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

Van Halen has a strategy?

BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
              The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by VAiN
                That pretty much falls inline with Dave's earlier 18-month timeline. 2015 VH album & tour... Hopefully.
                S'pose you're right. What a travesty though. No way in hell making a rock record should take so damn long. But hey, when you're making all of the cd covers and t-shirts in the basement...

Comment

• VAiN
                  ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                  S'pose you're right. What a travesty though. No way in hell making a rock record should take so damn long. But hey, when you're making all of the cd covers and t-shirts in the basement...
                  Agreed.. It's 2014, no one is buying that line. If anything they should be embracing technology. Keeping fans engaged & involved. Have a t-shirt design contest or something.. User submitted pics on the site, etc. Hell, I'd gladly design shit FREE even
                  That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• atomicpnk47
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Feb 2007

Nah it's all those phone calls that need to be made

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                      Agreed.. It's 2014, no one is buying that line. If anything they should be embracing technology.
                      The Van Halen Store is selling Frankie mouse pads. Does that count?
                      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• VAiN
                        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                        The Van Halen Store is selling Frankie mouse pads. Does that count?
                        I take it all back!

Comment

Working...