Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • houseofpain
    Head Fluffer
    • Feb 2005

mine are 12 and 7 now. If you remember I quit posting originally when I went back to college. Wife was pregnant with #2 then. And I never resumed after I graduated 2 years later. That is, until now.
    EAT US AND SMILE!
    LOOK WHO'S BACK IN CIRCULATION!
    DAMAGE INC!

Comment

• redfire
      Head Fluffer
      • Feb 2004

The more I listen to Tattoo, the more catchy the song gets. To be clear, I love it, but with each listen it gets better and becomes more memorable.

I say this all because it seems like a lot of reaction to the song is relatively tepid. Not around here mind you, but elsewhere. Let me elaborate:
      The song is fun. It has a funny subject matter. I love MWM and CGTSNM, but those songs aren't fun or funny. They're great but they're no Full Bug, EWS, or Drop Dead Legs. Tattoo is in that same vein because of it's subject matter. Van Halen hasn't done a fun song in years. Granted, they haven't done any song in years, but still this is a throwback to the party album that Van Halen was known for. Not the half-assed social commentary, Rush-lite wanna be lyrics of the Three Mop Top. This is about, among other things, 40 year old women trying to become a 25 year old. That's classic Dave. Granted the Round Rocker attempted to be fun, but it's pretty clear who wins the lyrical exchange... Sexy Dragon Magic > Honeydew my mello (and it's not even close...)

The music is great. You know what? I forced myself to listen to the pile of shit that is It's About Time, Learning to See, and Up for Breakfast. Truthfully I fast forwarded to the solo's. But what stands out to me is the fact that Ed sounds Eddie again. Not Edward from the Van Hagar period, but Eddie from the WACF, FW, DD time frame. His solo is melodic and feels like a part of the song. The shit he did on those 3 Hagar tracks lack creativity or a flow. Listen to the final chorus before Ed hits the DiF tribute. The music builds and climax better than any VH song has since Little Guitars IMO. Furthermore, the music sounds like it could have been on ALAE partly because of the subtle keyboard you hear in the verse. And since that is my favorite non-VH album, I'm probably obligated to love it. Nevertheless, it's pleasing to my ears.

Bottom line: If the rest of this album is half as entertaining and catchy as Tattoo, the album will be a success commercially and creatively.

Sexy Dragon Magic!
      Eat Us and Smile!

Comment

• WARF
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

The Devil kicking ass at the pleasure dome

give it a few seconds to load...

Comment

• redfire
          Head Fluffer
          • Feb 2004

Lol, love it! A few details jump out at me. First of all, that place was so neutered. "Devil, I disagree with you." Really? I disagree? Could someone have a more limp-dicked response? ...

Oh wait, I forgot about reading Fernando's ridiculous posts of Si Senor, and patience... Good times because of the ass kicking. And bad times because of the pussyfooting, politically correct posting.
          Eat Us and Smile!

Comment

• houseofpain
            Head Fluffer
            • Feb 2005

The Pasture dump. Wow those were some days.
            EAT US AND SMILE!
            LOOK WHO'S BACK IN CIRCULATION!
            DAMAGE INC!

Comment

• Loons The Great
              Groupie
              • Jan 2012

WELL WELL WELL

I'm stayin' so frosty I'se got frostbite one time nah nah yezz yezz yezz all hell yeahhh nothin but yeah I can motherfukkin' diggsit!!

Hoppin and boppin and poppin with best bet for the timely tunes for those a here with them textured tastes stayz frosty nahh nah yezz yeah baby!

All Hail Yeah!

Van Halen is back with mo' swagger mo jagger mo blues you's can use light mah fuse this ain't no ruse right down to yo muhfuggin' sensible shoes aaaaaaaaaaaah yeaaaaaaaaaaah

2/7 an' Ize be's in heaven!!

Bring it!!

Yeah Yeah!!

Great God Ah'Mighty!!

Law'd Law'd Law'd!!

La'wd hab mercy!!

Loons is on the loose again!!

And ready fo' the boogie woogie one time nah!!

fuck yeah

FUCK YEAH

LET'S GET THIS GHETTO CHARIOT A ROLLIN'!!!!!!

LET'S LIGHT THIS TORCH ON THE BACK PORCH LOWDOWN SHAKEY GROUND BLUES YOU'S CAN USE LAWDY MAMA

GOD BLESS THE BAND, MAN
              GOD BLESS THE ARMY
              GOD BLESS THE MOFO THAT STORMED THE WHA STAGE
              GOD BLESS THE EUAS MOFOS FOR MAKIN THIS SHIYITE HAPP'N
              GOD BLESS MAX
              GOD BLESS E'RY ROTH FAN ON THE PLANET GOD DAMN IT!!!!!

Stay frosty nah!!

Well well well

Bama Lama Bama Loo!!

Great hOGGILY wOGGILY

OOH WELLL WELLLL

DIG IT

AND TO ALL THE DOUCHE HOLE LOSER FAT ASS CHEESY POOF SUCKIN FUCKS ON YOUFACE AND FACEPLUS, YOU SEE ME ON THE STREET AND START TALKIN THAT YAP YOU BETTA GET outta my face AND MAKE IT QUICK CUZ I'SE KICK YO ASS YOU SONOFABITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL HELL YEAH!

NOTHIN' BUT YEAH!!!!!

THUG POP IN THE HIZZOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

The clock jus' fell off the motherfuckin' wall again one more time gin nah nah yezz yezz!!!!!!!
              Please check out my bluesin' on Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/kingumbopa
              I know my crown gonna fit me well, 'cause tried it on at the gates of hell

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Praise Almighty he's back.

Oh dear.

Comment

• Loons The Great
                  Groupie
                  • Jan 2012

Like a black as smokestack Corvette Stingray in yo' hot tub! Rev-ved up in mah get up not ready fo' no let up!!!
                  Please check out my bluesin' on Soundcloud:https://soundcloud.com/kingumbopa
                  I know my crown gonna fit me well, 'cause tried it on at the gates of hell

Comment

• ThatArtGuy
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Jan 2004

Welcome back, Loons.
                    I brought my pencil!!!

Comment

• redfire
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Feb 2004

Welcome back, though I'm sure Loons never left. As I listened to Stay Frosty, the first thing I remembered was a thread Loons and I discussed many times regarding IF Van Halen ever recorded again would their be a real blues based song. And if so, would it be in the vein of Ice Cream Man, Tell the Truth, Full Bug, or Nightlife...

I guess we got our answer. And based on the small clip we got, I couldn't be happier.
                      Eat Us and Smile!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Welcome back Loons, you fucking gangsta.....
                        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Satan
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by WARF
                          The Devil kicking ass at the pleasure dome

give it a few seconds to load...

http://web.archive.org/web/200104300...ML/010775.html
                          I did some of my most unholy work in that Pasture!
                          Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                          I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Loons The Great
                            Like a black as smokestack Corvette Stingray in yo' hot tub! Rev-ved up in mah get up not ready fo' no let up!!!
                            2/7 an' Ize be's in heaven!!
                            Like a thunderbolt to the eardrums Bluesman.

Comment

• hain23x
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Mar 2004

Loons!
                              "I know who I am! I'm a dude playin a dude disguised as another dude!"

"Man, just cause it's a theme song don't make it not true."
                              Eat Us and Smile!
                              Alright!!! Lemme' se yo hands!!

Comment

• hain23x
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Mar 2004

Eat Us and Smile!
                                Alright!!! Lemme' se yo hands!!

Comment

Working...