X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redblkwht
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
    LOL That is one fucked up list. For whatever reason you have Van Hagar and Hagar above Dave, Zep and AeroSmith? Thats fuckin'uts, but hey, its your Kmart Cd Player. I know nothing goes into my Sony system except Van Halen, Revolver, Social Distortion, and more Van Halen. (I listen ocaasionaly to older classic 70's rock as well)

and opinions are just like what Pojo said....
    BT is that a naked bitch on a tread mill? LMAO!!
    shit i broke out the steve miller collection & joe walsh hits
    been into grand funk again lately too.
    nothing like real music man.

Hagar above Roth? never ever never!!!

Dude you gotta stop going to Mcdonalds.

EUAS

Comment

• redblkwht
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

How bout a little hang em high??????

put me in the mood now..lol

EUAS

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Poor Ronald...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Rikk
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by diamondsam
          1) Van Halen-With Roth
          2) Van Hagar
          3) Sammy Hagar
          4) Diamond Dave
          5) Bad Company
          6) Free
          7) Led Zepplin
          8) Montrose
          9) Aerosmith
          10) Celine Dion(Just checking to see if anyone was reading)
          OK...considering you like some cool music like Free and Zeppelin, how in the hell could you like fucking Sammy Hagar? And more than fucking Diamond Dave? You're saying 10-13 or VOA are better albums than EAT 'EM AND SMILE or DLR BAND? BALANCE is better than ROCKS?
          Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
          Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Liking Hagar is one thing...and that's bad enough...but putting Hagar...and fucking bad company ahead of fucking Zepp in and of itself is a bannable affense...

utterly fucking ridiculous...

and that's not even addressing the Hagar over Roth deal...

I mean...How do you like Roth over Hagar in VH...but Hagar over Dave solo...

no fucking way...
            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Big Troubles
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
              Jesus Christ...that really is some fucked up list...

how much you wanna bet BT that that fucker is listening to an REO Speedwagon coverband right now...

My 8 ball says...

"almost certain"
              My 8 Ball says "lets get high".

REO Speedwagon is bad enough, but a cover of that band? Holy fuck, how low on the rock n roll list what one band must be?!
              "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Rikk
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                Liking Hagar is one thing...and that's bad enough...but putting Hagar...and fucking bad company ahead of fucking Zepp in and of itself is a bannable affense...

utterly fucking ridiculous...

and that's not even addressing the Hagar over Roth deal...

I mean...How do you like Roth over Hagar in VH...but Hagar over Dave solo...

no fucking way...
                I used to think this was an alias. But not a fucking chance.

This idiot is a sheep to the extreme (no pun intended). And I have to say, I don't really get BAD COMPANY. They had a few good songs, but basically they were radio rock...the first hints of bad arena rock that rose out of the late 70s. But even they were brilliant compared to Van Hagar or fucking Hagar solo.

It's amazing how your twenties roll on and a lot of CDs you own seem useless. I can't believe how much I used to like PUMP or GET A GRIP. Now I can realize why an unproduced garage album like NIGHT IN THE RUTS is actually much, much better.
                Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Feb 2004

A lot of 80's rock was over-produced that way. Ratt, Warrant, Poison, Crue, Aerosmith, Night Ranger....Blah.... I used to listen to all that shit. Now I hear a song and think, Wheres the fucking talent in that??
                  "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Big Troubles
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Feb 2004

Hagar will always fit that category too. Thats exactly what Van Halen turned into. An over-produced band. Garbage.

Comment

• Rikk
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Hagar will always fit that category too. Thats exactly what Van Halen turned into. An over-produced band. Garbage.
                      People always call 1984 poppy or "produced"...I totally disagree. The thing sounds pretty raw to me...like the fucking tape was just rolling sometimes for moments like the end jam on DROP DEAD LEGS. 5150 isn't really the next logical choice because it's just so sterile-sounding.
                      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Big Troubles
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Feb 2004

The only thing poppy about 1984 was the synthesizers. And to tell you the honest to gods truth, I like about 4 songs from 5150. "sheep-esque" no? I like Get Up, Summer Nights, 5150 and Good Enough. Too bad Sammy sang them though. I think the synths are what killed the raw sound of VH. Whent hey started playing them back on what, Fair Warning?, I was questioning it.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Feb 2004

I'll Wait and Jump are my least fav's from the Dave era and I think the synths are to blame.

Comment

• pete
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

I'll Wait is kick ass!!!

Comment

• Big Troubles
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Feb 2004

really? you like? I love Daves voice, but the synths are overwhelming I think.

Comment

• Rikk
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

The only thing poppy about 1984 was the synthesizers. And to tell you the honest to gods truth, I like about 4 songs from 5150. "sheep-esque" no? I like Get Up, Summer Nights, 5150 and Good Enough. Too bad Sammy sang them though. I think the synths are what killed the raw sound of VH. Whent hey started playing them back on what, Fair Warning?, I was questioning it.
                                I think musically GET UP, SUMMER NIGHTS and 5150 are good. But vocally I'm not too happy with them. I think Dave would have really kicked ass on them...but I can't get past the lyrics Sam wrote for them. I absolutely can't stand that "I'll meet you half the way" crap.

Funny, I didn't mind the synths on 1984. I guess it's because JUMP was the first VH song I ever heard...hey, when you're nine years old, it sounds fucking great! Out of the two synth ones on there, though, I'd have to go with I'LL WAIT.
                                Roth Army Militia

Comment

Working...