Van Halen Secretly Planning for 2015 Tour ???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Three nights at MSG? Really. They better have Mikey back if they think they can fill a three night run at MSG.
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Momshell
      Veteran
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by DONNIEP
      Three nights at MSG? Really. They better have Mikey back if they think they can fill a three night run at MSG.
      I'll be there for all 3! And I'll be bringing the kids to at least one! Too soon to organize a meet up? RA gig nights?!
      Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• lesfunk
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

These clowns better up there game significantly before they get it another dime from me. Christ, I went and saw a black sabbath last year and the feeble old Ozzy Osborne dip shit did a much better live job than roth did
        http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• WARF
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by lesfunk
          These clowns better up there game significantly before they get it another dime from me. Christ, I went and saw a black sabbath last year and the feeble old Ozzy Osborne dip shit did a much better live job than roth did
          If Roth has Michael Anthony on stage with him you know he's gonna UP his game!

I don't think they would even book three shows at MSG unless he was with them!

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by WARF

Yeah that's what I'm hoping too. Otherwise it's gonna be the same old tour with the same old set list with an extra tossed in here and there. They bring back Mikey and get a real fuckin stage and now it's an entirely new show. IF they do bring Mikey back, I want opening nite to be in Charlotte and I want to see Ed get on his knees and kiss Mike's ass on stage, right after the first song.
            American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

FFS just get Mike back in the band and then release the other 35 years worth of "definitive" live material...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Jesus fuck, they're sitting on the Oakland 1981 sound-desk recording...

Comment

• atomicpnk47
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Momshell
                  I'll be there for all 3! And I'll be bringing the kids to at least one! Too soon to organize a meet up? RA gig nights?!
                  Slow your roll Mom, slow your roll

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by lesfunk
                    God damn, wouldn't it be great if BOTH these bands could get their shit together?

The REAL Sabbath managed to tour a few years, but when they finally managed to put an album together, Bill was nowhere to be found (thanks Sharon, you cunt!) Comparatively speaking, I don't think "13" matched their old catalog quite as good as ADKOT matched the 6 pack, but it wasn't an awful record. Just would have been better with their real drummer.

I say we throw Tony, Geezer, and Bill in one room. Ed, Alex, and Mikey in another. Lock both rooms until they can get their shit worked out.

Then party like it's 1978 and book a huge world tour together (the difference being they would be co-headliners this time, of course)
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• lesfunk
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                      God damn, wouldn't it be great if BOTH these bands could get their shit together?

The REAL Sabbath managed to tour a few years, but when they finally managed to put an album together, Bill was nowhere to be found (thanks Sharon, you cunt!) Comparatively speaking, I don't think "13" matched their old catalog quite as good as ADKOT matched the 6 pack, but it wasn't an awful record. Just would have been better with their real drummer.

I say we throw Tony, Geezer, and Bill in one room. Ed, Alex, and Mikey in another. Lock both rooms until they can get their shit worked out.

Then party like it's 1978 and book a huge world tour together (the difference being they would be co-headliners this time, of course)
                      Now that is a great fucking idea.
                      http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Heater
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by WARF

With MIke up there they would immediately sound 1000% better, Dave wouldn't up anything except basking in the spotlight a bit more and then the whole "they're back and better than EVER" threads would start. It would be awesome to see Mike get the greatest amount of applause though (if guitar player lets "vocalist" mention him by name during a show).

Comment

• Heater
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Nov 2010

Another post typed furiously with one hand.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                            So with the latest unconfirmed-meaning-it's-confirmed tour date being erroneously released, here's the updated list:

1. San Manuel Amphitheater, San Bernardino, CA, July 5th (otherwise known as the US Festival site)
                            2. Xfnity Theatre, Hartford, CT, late July
                            3. Darling's Waterfront Pavilion (my guess), Bangor, ME
                            4. Royal Farms Arena, Baltimore
                            5. Washington, DC venue
                            6. PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ, Sept. 4th
                            7. Madison Square Garden, New York, NY, Sept. (3 nights)
                            8. Ak-Chin Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ, Sept. 27th
                            Fine. But couldn't that transatlantic liner boat get them across the fucking ocean this time, or is it that much of a wreck?...
                            posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                            posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• perrin29
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jan 2012

I can't see Mike being brought back into the fold but if that's what happens no f'n way I'm missing it. Shit, I'll be going to one of the shows anyways if not two or three.

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

I don't think "13" matched their old catalog quite as good as ADKOT matched the 6 pack, but it wasn't an awful record. Just would have been better with their real drummer.
                                The drums are not the problem with 13...

Comment

Working...