Van Halen Secretly Planning for 2015 Tour ???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

I think there's some validity to both what RD and Zah were saying....

Let's face it, we dumbasses that waste our time on VH message boards every day for 15 years are a small fraction who would like to go see VH in concert....

So yes, if you're my age and grew up with classic rock, and you look out the back window of my house to see the VA Beach Ampitheater, whose concert lineup (so far) is chock full of nothing but redneck acts and Dave Matthews, hell yeah, I'm going to see Van Halen on a hot summer night (pardon the Hagarita pun)....

And I think a lot of other casual rock fans will as well... I know many, many people who will gladly pay $39 to sit way up in the lawn, drink their $11 beers, and enjoy hearing those great tunes once again.... They don't give a fuck if Dave can't do his splits off the riser anymore, and frankly, while most would PREFER if Mikey was there, it's not going to be a showstopper that they won't go if he's not.....

Will people cringe when they hear Dave yelp? Absolutely.... But I also think it's fair to say that most people will not come close to critiquing the show like we're going to do, agreed?

I agree 100%, releasing a live album from 2013 Tokyo was a horrible decision, especially since we KNOW there's some great shit in "the vault".....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Von Halen
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
      I just don't get the next step which is VH will draw 1/3 full houses and all that. Sorry but its going to be mostly full again...sorry to disappoint.
      There you go acting like Clichegar/Redhead fan again. I hate to break it to you, but 11,000 out of 20,000 plus seat houses, ain't "mostly full". It's barely half full.

Wish I were a black curtain salesman!

Comment

• Romeo Delight
        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I don't know what a Clichegar fan is.

But averaging over 11,500 or whatever it was turned out to be a top 10 (was it 8?) of all tours for 2012 for an Act that is done from your perspective.

They beat out a number of relevant artists in the process. These are just facts not whatever clichegar fan means.

I think there are 3 20,000 houses in North America....Most have 17k, 16k or whatever. Configurations dependant on artist or in the round setup.

11,500 is a top 10 draw. These are just facts Von...I know math is hard but try and work with it
        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
          ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I think people are starving for decent tunes played live. Really played live. The tour will be successful for no other reason than that...succeed despite the Tokyo album
          sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Von Halen
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I don't know what a Clichegar fan is.

But averaging over 11,500 or whatever it was turned out to be a top 10 (was it 8?) of all tours for 2012 for an Act that is done from your perspective.

They beat out a number of relevant artists in the process. These are just facts not whatever clichegar fan means.

I think there are 3 20,000 houses in North America....Most have 17k, 16k or whatever. Configurations dependant on artist or in the round setup.

11,500 is a top 10 draw. These are just facts Von...I know math is hard but try and work with it
            Canadian math?

There are two 20,000 plus venues right here in Detroit. So we own 2 of the 3 in North America.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Von Halen
              Canadian math?

There are two 20,000 plus venues right here in Detroit. So we own 2 of the 3 in North America.
              I guess there isn't anything else to do in Detroit? You tell me...
              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

So we have a range of 23,500 (if they were "in the round") at Greensboro down to 15,000 in a bunch of venues in the US shown here:

However, the number that a venue can hold for concerts is about 5,000 or more less than the capacity (details below)

Rogers Arena

800 Griffiths Way, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 6G1

Opened

Owner
                Canucks Sports & Entertainment

Operator
                Canucks Sports & Entertainment

Construction cost
                $160 million

Architect
                Brisbin, Brook and Beynon

Tenants
                Vancouver Canucks (NHL) (1995-present)
                Vancouver Grizzlies (National Basketball Association) (1995-2001)
                Vancouver Ravens (National Lacrosse League) (2001-2004)
                Vancouver Voodoo (Roller Hockey International) (1996)

Capacity
                Ice hockey: 18,630
                Basketball: 19,193
                Concert: 14,000

Again, a top ten draw every year so far playing in areas beyond the top 20 markets. Only a handful of acts are pulling it off. Van Halen being one of them Its just how it is.

I suppose if it is convenient for your argument to say how full it is % wise then go right ahead. But the fact remains they are a top draw still based on stats, including Canadian ones.

So if the average venue is like this one...where concert capacity is 14,000. And Van Halen averaged 11,500 last tour, that puts them at 82% capacity every night.

Math is a bitch aint it Von?
                Last edited by Romeo Delight; 03-10-2015, 09:02 PM.
                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Again, a top ten draw every year so far playing in areas beyond the top 20 markets. Only a handful of acts are pulling it off. Van Halen being one of them Its just how it is.
                  Van Halen hasn't toured since July of '84.
                  American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                    Updated Van Halen tour date rumors, according to reports from contacts in these venues:

3. Molson Canadian Ampitheatre, Toronto, ON, July 26th
                    I have to wash my hair that night.
                    WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
                      I have to wash my hair that night.

That date is a little less firm than the others, but we'll see in a couple of weeks I suppose....
                      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

Yeah...

I doubt he'll wash his hair...

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Maybe the next night...

Comment

• perrin29
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Jan 2012

Montreal wasn't a sell out the last tour but its a pretty big arena. Was hoping to see them make their way to Halifax but no chance. Haven't played there since Fair Warning even though it would be a guaranteed sell out. Looks like Montreal again for me unless Bangor is a go. I hear it's not a great venue though. Open field with some chairs.

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                              Canadian math?

Speaking of Detroit venues...I was surprised to see Madonna is playing the Joe and not the Palace.
                              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• perrin29
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Jan 2012

Madonna not selling in Toronto like she has in the past. Lots of tickets left. $350 for lower bowl back of arena. Sweet Jesus.

Comment

Working...