Van Halen Secretly Planning for 2015 Tour ???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Von Halen
    Right. Nobody is going to hear that garbage on the radio, and then NOT go to a show because of it. If you think this band isn't getting crucified over this, and killing any numbers they potentially had for a tour, again, you are more delusional than even I thought. The 5 doomsdayers index this site, are going easy compared to what the general population is saying about this band right now.

What were Sabbath's tour numbers on the 13 tour?
    They did well here but it was effectively a farewell tour.

It was more like the VH 2008 tour than the one now.

It's just a stupid ridiculous idea anyway, an arena support act gets $20k a night. Sabbath and Van Halen are scrabbling around trying to get money to keep them in luxury for the next 20 years.

Comment

• Von Halen
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
      http://www.metalinjection.net/latest...music-for-2013

According to the Pollstar Year End Top 200 North American Tours, Black Sabbath did really well with a combined total of selling 293,783 in the 21 cities they played in. The sales for the band netted them a cool $19.7 million overall and landed them 56th on the list,
      14,000 a night. But nobody likes them.

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        My take on it is maybe a minority one here but here it is.

If there was a gig on the tour where Ed was on fire and Dave was singing at his best 2008 level and it had been brilliantly produced and in a great package if I'm honest I still don't think I would have listened to it that much.

Live albums? It's 2015 plus live albums from people who are almost at pension age?
        I would. I'd ride around blasting that shit from my car stereo every couple days. Well, I'd skip over Ed's boring ass solo.
        American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          My take on it is maybe a minority one here but here it is.

If there was a gig on the tour where Ed was on fire and Dave was singing at his best 2008 level and it had been brilliantly produced and in a great package if I'm honest I still don't think I would have listened to it that much.

Live albums? It's 2015 plus live albums from people who are almost at pension age?

When you go to see a band like Van Halen at this point it's a nostalgia experience, any live recording with a semblance of integrity is not going to stand up on a rainy Monday evening as you drive the kid to their piano lesson. You can kid yourself that they and you are the same as you were at both your peaks after 8 beers at a gig but not in the cold light of day.

All that said there is a lot of piss and vinegar in this thread and the bottom line is that no one is forcing anyone to buy it.
          Exactly why, if they were insistent on giving Wolfgang his due in VH by releasing this GARBAGE of an album, they should have packaged it with an old show. Yes, it's 2015. Bands have to go the extra mile, to get fans, especially casual fans, to buy in.

If they think they are going to get an average couple to pay $500 for tickets, a snack and a beer, to go see a replication of that shit Tokyo show, they are more delusional than Flamma. They'll average about 5,000 a night if they're lucky. Somebody call the arena's and tell them to wash the black curtains, they're gonna need them.

Comment

• Von Halen
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by DONNIEP
            I would. I'd ride around blasting that shit from my car stereo every couple days.
            I'd blast the Tokyo disc from the buggy, but I'm afraid people would think that screeching was a mechanical issue.

Comment

• DONNIEP
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

I'd blast the Tokyo disc from the buggy, but I'm afraid people would think that screeching was a mechanical issue.
              Just make sure you don't play that abortion HFT cover that chick did, the one here in the Main. Holy shit that sucked ass.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

14,000 a night. But nobody likes them.
                sure...they cherry picked the big cities. I am happy for them that is a good showing. How much were tix?

Van Halen sold out 9 shows...add the next 14 best attendance to equal the low number of Sabbath shows and we likely have a higher number
                Last edited by Romeo Delight; 03-09-2015, 10:42 PM.
                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                  sure...they cherry picked the big cities. I am happy for them that is a good showing. How much were tix?
                  One million American dollars!!!

Comment

• Von Halen
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Same as VH, roughly.

VH cherry picked the major cities too. What's wrong with that strategy?

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

its a great strategy...just pointing out to team circle jerk that the numbers are probably in VHs favour when we employ the 21 best dates is all
                      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• DONNIEP
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

Same as VH, roughly.

VH cherry picked the major cities too. What's wrong with that strategy?
                        This next tour, they better pray to God that Woz puts on another US Fest. Or hit the 10 biggest markets in the US and call it a day. Cause there's no fucking way they can pull off more than a 3 or 4 month tour at this point. Dave is toast, Ed ain't any better than the guy next door who can play Eruption, Al still rocks and Wolf actually can play the songs right but sucks singing. Well, not sucks - but he's never gonna sing like Mike. So they better hit the biggest cities and pack it in.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

its a great strategy...just pointing out to team circle jerk that the numbers are probably in VHs favour when we employ the 21 best dates is all
                          VH - let's just leave it at that. It ain't Van Halen. It's crap and it sucks cock.

Comment

• Von Halen
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Spin doctoring. You sound like Clichegar fan now.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

More flip flops than the ugly sluts at the Walmart...

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

No...it's called math
                                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Working...