Eddie Van Halen to speak at Smithsonian Instituion on February 12.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Von Halen
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by fraroc
    First of all, Jump is one of my favorite VH songs and I have no idea why it seems to be the most hated CVH song. Why? Because it has keyboards? Fuck that bullshit, it's still a good song.
    No wonder your Dad kicks your ass.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
      Only news so far - Wolf, repeat WOLF, is putting an album out by the end of the year.....
      Waaaaaaitaaaaminute. You can't be in 2 bands AND have a solo project.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2009

First of all, Jump is one of my favorite VH songs and I have no idea why it seems to be the most hated CVH song. Why? Because it has keyboards? Fuck that bullshit, it's still a good song.
        Yikes, really? How about because it has keyboards AND ONE OF THE GREATEST GUITARISTS OF ALL TIME ISN'T PLAYING HIS FUCKING GUITAR!!!!!!!!! That is all.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Von Halen
          Maybe it was a joke.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Here's some vid....

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Angel
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

It's fucking pop shit...
              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• ZahZoo
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                Waaaaaaitaaaaminute. You can't be in 2 bands AND have a solo project.
                Karma takes many forms... Now a loving Father has to support a son in what he despised and couldn't tolerate in others not so long ago.

Isn't life beautiful..? Your children teach you so much...
                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• fraroc
                  Commando
                  • Jun 2012

Joke's on you, he likes Jump too.
                  How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• fraroc
                    Commando
                    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
                    Yikes, really? How about because it has keyboards AND ONE OF THE GREATEST GUITARISTS OF ALL TIME ISN'T PLAYING HIS FUCKING GUITAR!!!!!!!!! That is all.
                    There is absolutely fucking ZERO wrong with someone being a multi-instrumentalist.

I can understand hating a song like Love Walks In or When It's Love because they're two schmaltzy love ballads, one of which has lyrics that make no sense whatsoever, but Jump? Seriously? It's a fucking Diamond Dave song. And you guys call yourselves "The Roth Army"
                    Last edited by fraroc; 02-13-2015, 08:51 AM.
                    How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• Von Halen
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                      Here's some vid....
                      Effortless. Fucking gives me goosebumps when he just starts ripping into stuff.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2009

There is absolutely fucking ZERO wrong with someone being a multi-instrumentalist.

I can understand hating a song like Love Walks In or When It's Love because they're two schmaltzy love ballads, one of which has lyrics that make no sense whatsoever, but Jump? Seriously? It's a fucking Diamond Dave song. And you guys call yourselves "The Roth Army"
                        Nobody went to a Jimi Hendrix concert hoping he would play the fucking flute, just saying.

Comment

• Von Halen
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

You probably think Ed should have had a keyboard at the Smithsonian too.

I can remember right where I was the very first time "Jump" was played on the radio, where I was living at that time. They had done the normal buildup and hype to get everyone excited about this new Van Halen song. I was so fucking disappointed when I heard it. I knew it was an anomaly, and the album when it was to come out, certainly wouldn't disappoint. But I was still devastated by this song being the first release off the much anticipated new album, "1984". I didn't like it that first time I heard it, and I still don't like it to this day.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Effortless.
                            Well it damn well better be. His last job prior to full time guitarist was painting house numbers on curbs and illegally pocketing the cash and that was 40 years ago.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I find the events of recent interesting...

Not sure what to read into any of this... it's sort of bizarre and out there. But... Dave going dark on the net and socially I can't but think it ties somehow to this Smithsonian appearance by Ed.

Could it be some childish, knee-jerk jealousy response from Dave... that Ed's getting recognized on such a prestigious "writing of the history books" for all times at the heart of American history in the Smithsonian. That's an honor and recognition few people experience while living...

Makes sense that the Van Halens were in attendance... why wouldn't Dave support his fellow collaborator in something so monumental?

Was he asked to stay away? Could he not bear to see himself not equally recognized for his contributions to this slice of history?

One other thought provoking question... The "Secret Project"... clues seem to point that Wolfgang's solo album may be what was hinted at. I have to wonder just how Dave felt being told Wolfgang is doing a solo album and would he like to participate in contributing to a song or 2... Then coming to realization that he himself allowed him to contractually agree to limit himself from producing solo works as a condition to work with the Van Halens??
                              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

Here's the video....

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...