Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saint
    Foot Soldier
    • Feb 2004

Here´s my thoughts mainly focusing on Roth´s performance [scale from 1 to 5 ]
    Note I´m drunk

1. "Unchained" Fair Warning
    decent opening a little shaky, at least he does not screw the pre chorus like on Kimmel 2,5

2. "Runnin' With the Devil" Van Halen
    Dave here does refrain from changing melody, sing / talks a bit a few high yelps that misses 3

3. "She's the Woman" A Different Kind of Truth
    A lot of the words gets lost, bad timing, but hey it´s live he could be dancing for alla i know. a few terrible yelps a bad performance 1,5

4. "I'm the One" Van Halen
    This is probably as good as Dave can be on this one, he tries to keep it true to the original. 3

5. "Tattoo" A Different Kind of Truth
    My least fav on the album song wise but dave keeps it close to the original no more yelps that on the album, but he sods a bit strains here and there (2:02 / 3.40) 3

6. "Everybody Wants Some!!" Women and Children First
    Here Dave is inventing some new melodies, i´m not a big fan 2

7. "Somebody Get Me a Doctor" Van Halen II
    Ok at best 2,5

8. "China Town" A Different Kind of Truth
    Not a good live song all together, but Dave struggles on 2

9. "Hear About It Later" Fair Warning
    a great song originally, stick with the melodi Dave…. 2

10. "(Oh) Pretty Woman”
    Not my favorite, but Dave does a good job 4

11. "Drum Solo”

12. "You Really Got Me”
    Dave knows this in and out and does not change a lot from older days, the intermission sounds a bit silly on album though 3,5

13. "Dance the Night Away”
    One of the songs that got my hooked to Van Halen to begin with, Dave butchers this one as usually 1

14. "I'll Wait”
    This was a surprise to me in 2007 in MSG I loved it, and Dave does a good job here 4 (if not for the chorus exits a 5)

15. "And the Cradle Will Rock…"
    He nails the higher register he attempts, well maybe mot nails but good enough, but why does Dave don’t sing on the chorus, and whats with the theatrical voice here and there???? 3,5

16. "Hot for Teacher”
    This way he sings does not ring good in my ears, he´s all over the place 2

17. "Women in Love…”
    Same here as with AtCWR Dave does not sin on the chorus but I like what he does on the verses 4

18. "Romeo Delight”
    Dave getting in shape this song suits him, a few yelps but they sound OK (maybe not round 1:50) I like it 4

19 "Mean Street”
    Quiet Ok some yelps are actually spot on DLR-band style

20 "Beautiful Girls”
    A pattern Dave not sining on the chorus and I like how the songs sounds, but not good version from Dave 2

21 "Ice Cream Man”
    How could he fuck this up he must have played this 1 000 000 000 000 times but ok it´s a party tune 2,5

22. "Panama”
    The new melody does not make this song justice, a poor performance 2

23. "Eruption”

24. "Ain't Talkin' 'bout Love”
    Not the best version I´ve heard to much venture in the high register a 2

25. "Jump”
    Really bad performance really cheesy song 2

I must say it´s better than the youtube preveiws, but Dave tries to hard he´s overdoing it, like he´s trying to show us listen here how high I can sing.

total a 59 out of 115
    Last edited by saint; 04-08-2015, 06:58 PM.
    http://web.telia.com/~u55014187/kor.gif

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Sounds like it sucks...

And it does...

Thanks for pointing out the obvious...

Comment

• CVH Rulz
        Head Fluffer
        • Jun 2005

TESLA's HANNON Praises VAN HALEN's New Live Album: 'Those Who Want Perfect Vocals, Buy A ONE DIRECTION' CD

April 8, 2015

TESLA's HANNON Praises VAN HALEN's New Live Album: 'Those Who Want Perfect Vocals, Buy A ONE DIRECTION' CD

TESLA guitarist Frank Hannon has offered his thoughts on VAN HALEN's "Live: Tokyo Dome In Concert", the first live album from the band to feature David Lee Roth on vocals. Hannon said in a posting on his web site: "Okay, after all the flames have settled down from people burning up David Lee Roth's vocals on 'Jimmy Kimmel', here's my thoughts on the new VAN HALEN live at the Tokyo Dome CD.

"If you are a fan of truly 'live' albums, as I am, and have stated, this album rules! Just to hear Eddie's [Van Halen] guitar tones on 'Romeo's Delight', 'Beautiful Girls', 'Women In Love' alone is worth the $16. As for Dave, well, he's included a six-page book with lyrics to read the words he don't sing… and to hear him tell of the spotlight operator in 'Ice Cream Man' is priceless, not to mention all the Japanese BS he rambles.

"I thoroughly enjoyed listening to this CD while driving my 17-year-old to school this morning remembering hearing VAN HALEN when I was his age and loving it!!!

"For those of us who anxiously waited in line at Tower Records to get 'Van Halen II', 'Women And Children First' and 'Fair Warning'… this album will tickle your fancy… For those who want perfect vocals, buy a ONE DIRECTION live album!"

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/tes...WEbK4BjLSCU.99

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

VH is being ripped a new butt hole everywhere. I hoped in my car after hanging at the bar and there is some radio program on and they are making fun of VH. In the restaurant business you are only as good as your last meal. I think the entertainment business is the same. Many people including former avid fans view Roth as an idiot and view Wolfie being in the band as nepotism at it's worst and view Eddie as a talented but delusional type individual. I think only the most enabling avid fans will support the band at this point. They have become something to make fun of. The world is laughing. I hear the laughter and see the shaking heads everywhere I look. VH was a high powered band and trying to reinvent it into a Broadway show is going to be one big heaping fail.
          Last edited by Nitro Express; 04-08-2015, 07:40 PM.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• fraroc
            Commando
            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Nitro Express
            VH is being ripped a new butt hole everywhere. I hoped in my car after hanging at the bar and there is some radio program on and they are making fun of VH. In the restaurant business you are only as good as your last meal. I think the entertainment business is the same. Many people including former avid fan view Roth as an idiot and view Wolfie being in the band as nepotism at it's worst and view Eddie as a talented but delusional type individual. I think only the most enabling avid fans will support the band at this point. They have become something to make fun of. The world is laughing. I hear the laughter and see the shaking heads ever where I look. VH was a high powered band and trying to reinvent it into a Broadway show is going to be one big heaping fail.
            It's more like fans like me are the only ones that have the balls to tell the haters to fuck off.
            How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by CVH Rulz

"If you are a fan of truly 'live' albums, as I am, and have stated, this album rules!
              LMAO !!

How much was he paid to say that crap ??

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by fraroc
                It's more like fans like me are the only ones that have the balls to tell the haters to fuck off.
                hang tough
                Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

I can't wait to hear the sales figures for this garbage album...

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ELVIS
                    I can't wait to hear the sales figures for this garbage album...
                    shallow aspirations
                    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Time will tell...

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2007

get ready

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by fraroc
                          If you were on the Titanic you would be bragging you are staying with the ship.
                          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• BumBahDeeDah
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                            If you were on the Titanic you would be bragging you are staying with the ship.
                            Did you make that Titanic reference on purpose? It all keeps tying together.....

Comment

• Silexxx
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Sep 2010

I don't think Dave's voice is that bad on this record. Sure they could have fixed few things in the studio to make it better (like the whole China Town issue and yelps). But "super, super, super...bad"? Nah.

THIS is super super super...bad

Comment

• hain23x
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Mar 2004

The band is tight. Dave is Dave. Wish he did a little less of the weirdo high pitch vocal stuff on a few songs. That melody on DTNA is all over the place. But for the most part it's a lot of fun. Almost glad they left it raw.
                                Eat Us and Smile!
                                Alright!!! Lemme' se yo hands!!

Comment

Working...