X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

Originally posted by Jetstream
    Call it the Titanic or the Bismarck but "Van Halen Live at the Tokyo Dome" had debuted number 5 on the Billboard rock charts and number 20 on the Billboard 200
    That is pleasing to hear. I suspect it has more to do with the fact that record sales are poor these days, however, and the those who do buy records are disproportionatley of a more 'mature' generation, like CVH fans.
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Jetstream
      Foot Soldier
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by binnie
      That is pleasing to hear. I suspect it has more to do with the fact that record sales are poor these days, however, and the those who do buy records are disproportionatley of a more 'mature' generation, like CVH fans.
      For a band which for the most part does not keep its fans in the loop. For a band which has gotten some negative flack for this LP... for the present situation of the musical landscape and the age of Van Halen, this is big because the leaky ship seems to have actually made it to the harbor with a shit eating grin on its face with the appearance of being bulletproof
      I got lost in the...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

It debuted at #20....

The week’s most popular albums as compiled by Luminate, based on multi-metric consumption (blending traditional album sales, track equivalent albums, and streaming equivalent albums).
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• perrin29
          Head Fluffer
          • Jan 2012

Call it the Titanic or the Bismarck but "Van Halen Live at the Tokyo Dome" had debuted number 5 on the Billboard rock charts and number 20 on the Billboard 200
          That's great. Not too shabby for a live album that people have been taking the piss out of. Personally, the more I listen to it the more I like it. Side two is definitely the strongest side and the fact I have live versions of a Women In Love, HAIT and Romeo on cd all is good.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The choice of preview tracks didn't help.

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
              Chef, what's going on, man!

Yeah, all good where VV is concerned.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE, FUCKERS!

VV out.
              Hanging in there on this end brother, only made better by your appearance. All the best to you and your folks.

Regards, chef and family

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• fraroc
                Commando
                • Jun 2012

Originally posted by private parts

This should get your blood pressure going one way or another.
                For the Sammy lover that he is, I will definitely give him credit here. Like it or not, DLR was never Pavarotti. But it didn't stop him from being the coolest motherfucker in the world. Look at US Fest 83. David Lee Roth's worst vocal performance became one of the greatest VH concerts of all time.
                How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Wonder how many records #20 translates to.
                  American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                    Wonder how many records #20 translates to.
                    twenty
                    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                      twenty
                      Million?
                      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Jetstream
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                        twenty
                        Actually 21... I know Hagar bought one and made it legal
                        I got lost in the...

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

I don't know if that's a validation of Van Halen, or an indictment of the sorry state of "real" rock music these days.
                          Originally posted by perilouspete
                          fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Rikk
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                            Chef, what's going on, man!

Yeah, all good where VV is concerned.

The only thing that is more annoying than Roth Army members bitching about Dave's vocals is Elvis posting Van Hagar videos here in Main.

THAT is bullshit.

Yeah, that's right fag nuts - stop the Hagar crap.

And I got news for ya. Only Van Hagar fans refer to Michael Anthony as "Mikey". And your ejaculating all over Butterball Bass Player is sickening too ("its not the same without Mikey", "Not seeing a show without Mikey." Mikey, Mikey, Mikey. Fuck off already with that shit.)

So go on Elvis. Listen to "Love Walks In Your Roid-Riddled Ass" to your heart's content. Listen to the manufactured 1993 "live" album so can hear Spammy sing like you think a singer should sing.

That is all.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE, FUCKERS!

VV out.
                            Damn fuckin' straight.
                            Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                            Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Rikk
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Great to see so many awesome people here, like binnie, Vinnie, Chef, ZZ and so many others. Even those I don't agree with.

Feels good to be talking music with good people after so long away (before my next super-long break).

Been a very, very difficult two years for the Rikk family...but we're hanging together and our new daughter was smiling through the very excellent new live version of AIN'T TALKIN' 'BOUT LOVE yesterday.
                              Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                              Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

It's great to see you back, Rikk (and to learn that you're indoctrinating your child into the faith of CVH )
                                The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

Working...