X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
    As far as the remasters go.......no matter how bitchin' it sounds in the mastering studio it's still released in 16 bit 44.1 khz so unless it's vinyl or another format other than standard cd, why bother!
    That's a good point. And oddly enough my daughter just asked for a record player two weeks ago. So I jumped over to Amazon and picked her up a combo/home stereo deal. Figured I'd let her experiment with that and if she really likes it I'll get her a better one, separate tuner, all that.

Teenagers apparently are enamored with records. Who knew?
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• mdk1967
      Roadie
      • Feb 2004

Actual cover!

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by mdk1967
        Actual cover!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12420[/ATTACH]
        I'll buy 7 copies of this record if that's the cover! Isaac kicks ass!
        American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Cato
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

"No Touchups High Quality Stereo Soundboard 2CD Set with cheap artwork"

I'd buy this official bootleg. but I don't expect much.
          Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
            So this is their "definitive live album"??? So this record captures the spirit and sound that made Van Halen, well, Van Halen? It would have to be, seeing as how they're calling it their "definitive live album".

I was waiting for Ed to come out and say "This is the real Van Halen!" The wait is over.
            Don't forget this is their big edgey move... the "First" live album in the history of man-kind featuring Diamond David Lee Roth. Plus it's fresh, New and Improved™ Van Halen...

Look at it as their first trip into the Live pool... they'll stay in the shallow end. Maybe over time they might get brave and take a dive into the Deep end and consider some CVH live material to release.
            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• DLR Bridge
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I hope this post from the VHND catches their eyes and gives them a clue how to properly wade into the "deep end".

You want an example of a true "box set". Take a look at what Springsteen does. I personally don't care for his music but the way he treats his fans is amazing. On the anniversary of "Darkness on the Edge of Town" he released: Live DVD of a 1978 Houston concert, Live DVD of the current band playing the WHOLE album in a studio, 2 CD of the songs that didn't make the album (all unreleased songs!), the remastered CD, AND what was cool was a replica of the note book that he wrote his lyrics on. All this for $99 on Amazon. Now that was a release!

Boom.

Comment

• VAiN
                Use my hand, I won't look
                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

So, I have a theory... the vocals may not be 'touched-up', but.. BUT - maybe they took the best vocals from a few of the Japan shows and put together the best parts... Discuss...
                Originally posted by wiseguy
                That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

That would be smart and require additional effort.

Therefore, they probably didn't do that.

Comment

• RedZoneD25
                    Full On Cocktard
                    • Jan 2012

I might be the only one excited for the remasters.

I don't think I'm shilling out for all of them, but I definitely do want to hear what the new mixes provide. Expecting brickwall compression and all musical integrity to be removed in favor of an extremely limited sonic range...like ADKOT (which I still liked)

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I think VH II still needs work. It did sound really good when I took out the back seats in the Impala and replaced it with a wall of Celestions...
                      Every other time I played that album I thought it could be tweaked.

I am still hopeful there is more coming at least within a year, not two or three.
                      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Whorehey
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                        I am still hopeful there is more coming at least within a year, not two or three.
                        I'm about out of optimism...
                        'Cause three holes are better than a hole-in-one!!!

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                          That would be smart and require additional effort.

Therefore, they probably didn't do that.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• chefcraig
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                            I think VH II still needs work. It did sound really good when I took out the back seats in the Impala and replaced it with a wall of Celestions...
                            Every other time I played that album I thought it could be tweaked.

Ya know what sounds worse? "Women And Children First". I shit you not, no matter what volume you play that pile of dung, it sounds like mud...as if you are out in a forest waiting to hook up with one of them goofy families that seem only to exist on the Discovery Channel, before getting clobbered in the head by a flying woodchuck.

And you have not even cracked open your fourth or fifth can of Bud of the day. Sheest...

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• atomicpnk47
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by chefcraig
                              Ya know what sounds worse? "Women And Children First". I shit you not, no matter what volume you play that pile of dung, it sounds like mud...as if you are out in a forest waiting to hook up with one of them goofy families that seem only to exist on the Discovery Channel, before getting clobbered in the head by a flying woodchuck.

And you have not even cracked open your fourth or fifth can of Bud of the day. Sheest...

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

Guys, we're talking about VH. Shouldn't we be mindlessly bitching at each other and listening to Elvis's conspiracy theories - VH is not what I expect at the Roth Army!!!
                                The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

Working...