• Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
    Merged Rant #2.....
    Heavy handed over moderating...I would have just sent it to the Dump lol
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by DONNIEP
      Heavy handed over moderating...I would have just sent it to the Dump lol
      Nah man....

They're his views, that's cool, even though I disagree with them....

Just threw them in with the others, that's all....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• TFM_Dale
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2009

Nah man....

Nice to see you as a webmaster again. It had been too long.

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Nah man....

I'm glad you merged em - I have the attention span of a goldfish and get tired of jumping back and forth.
          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
            Nice to see you as a webmaster again. It had been too long.

I had nothing to do with it, I think we just caught Von in a vulnerable mood....
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• FALCO
              Groupie
              • Jun 2004

Van Halen has been my favorite band since hearing Van Halen I played on my friends brothers turntable in 1980.
              Van Halen fronted by Diamond David Lee Roth ONLY to be specific. I can honestly say that I am baffled, irked, and very suspect as to why THIS was released. Going back over most of the YouTube's from '07/'08, there EASILY was enough material to put out a KILLER LIVE CD! There were more than enough shows that EVH was in good form. Better form than DLR in his horrific form from the '12/'13 Tour. And in '07/'08 Dave was the Rock God that he should have been: Swagger, killer attitude, and he SANG THE FUCKING SONGS IN THE RIGHT KEY WITH THE RIGHT MELODY!!! Was it PERFECT? Of course not, but there was 100% more to work with than the abomination that my ears have listened to from Tokyo. He tore it up on the '07/'08 run.

What? They wanted some new material from ADKOT??? Well, so glad that China Town is how that material should be represented...

I know many are wanting the vaults opened. But in this case I would have just settled for an entire setlist from different '07/'08 dates (maybe even a DVD from that tour). Maybe being a singer I'm jaded, but I LISTEN TO THE SINGER when listening to songs. As AMAZING as EVH was on this last tour, DLR was BEYOND sub par. And I blame his ridiculous vocal choices... he obviously can still growl that mid range when he wants to. He just chooses to sing in this manner and change all the melodies.

I also find it interesting that DavidLeeRoth.com is still black.

I don't know. I think there is something very weird going on. Even if there isn't and all is shangri-la with VH, I cannot accept this travesty to be called "The definitive LIVE Van Halen with David Lee Roth".

FALCO
              \m/ \m/
              NEW Wicked Maraya coming in 2015!!!
              'Lifetime In Hell' (unreleased 1991) and 2 NEW songs!!!
              "A little more volume in the headphones please..."

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS
                You call that artwork ??
                The cover to Diver Down is artwork, a white or black album is artwork.

Album art is a dead medium now anyway as it has gone from LP to a small square on a phone...

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Droomer5150
                  See this is the type of rage I like to see! If they want to release tokyo live, then release it, if anyone doesn't like it then they just shouldn't buy it...but then open the vault and start unleashing live VH in their prime! Imagine VH released Oakland 81 first then released Tokyo Dome live, TD wouldn't even sell at all. Trying to follow up that with a modern release (that doesn't have Anthony either) would be suicide. It at least has the novelty interest of being Daves only official live album (so far). Maybe there's hope for the vaults to open now.
                  The easiest way to get the ball rolling on this would be a no brainer. There's a concert from the Pasadena Civic Center in October 1977 that's been out there in bootleg form for years. How easy would it be for them to throw that it as a "bonus disc" on the latest remaster of the debut album, and at least add some value to it. Yeah, I'm sure most of you reading this already have that boot. But then, that's not who these new remasters are aimed at, is it?

Just in case there's actually anybody out there who's never fucking heard this....
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    a white or black album
                    Racist reply from E in 3........2.........1

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

The cover to Diver Down is artwork, a white or black album is artwork.

Album art is a dead medium now anyway as it has gone from LP to a small square on a phone...
                      Thanks for clearing that up...

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

Was The Beatles white album racist ??

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by FORD
                          The easiest way to get the ball rolling on this would be a no brainer. There's a concert from the Pasadena Civic Center in October 1977 that's been out there in bootleg form for years. How easy would it be for them to throw that it as a "bonus disc" on the latest remaster of the debut album, and at least add some value to it. Yeah, I'm sure most of you reading this already have that boot. But then, that's not who these new remasters are aimed at, is it?
                          Yeah, you could throw away the Tokyo discs and have the '77 boot with a case...

Comment

• Droomer5150
                            Roadie
                            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                            Are you fuckin kidding me? This coming from the kid who threatens to kill people cause they post some shit about Sammy or Kiss or some shit on YouTube?? And he wants to talk about positivity now?? What the fuck you think this is - some kind of support group?
                            Are you talking about me or the other guy? haha, I've never threatened to kill anyone in defence of Hagar or KISS haha. That's not my bag baby. But yeah I guess I've only been a part of the 19 (more considering the Hagar era is blacklisted here) years of VH dysfunction for 7 of them so I can't imagine the immense frustration of coping through an extra 12! I'd probably be pretty passed the point of pissed too haha
                            Last edited by Droomer5150; 03-04-2015, 01:07 AM.
                            SMOOTH INTENTIONS, RIGHT NOW, EMILY JOY, CHRIS GIBBS BAND, RUN RIOT! (Def Leppard), KISSTAKE (Kiss), SNAKEBITE (Whitesnake). Recording/Session Drumming http://www.youtube.com/joshkosh95 https://twitter.com/joshcgallagher https://www.facebook.com/joshgallaghermusic

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

That's such bullshit...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by FORD

Just in case there's actually anybody out there who's never fucking heard this....
                                The first bootleg I ever got, it didn't reach me until the mid 80s or so.

I'm not sure how the ownership would work on a recording like that.

Here's a theory, you know how when you see a group photo you always just look to see if you are blinking or whatever, missing the overall thing of whether it's a good photo? The show I saw on the 2008 tour was one of the better ones by all accounts but even rehab Ed was not on top form. Then you have the backing vocals being piped in and perhaps some suspicions about the veracity of all the bass being completely live. Add that and the fact there was no ADKOT then it's inevitable that the Van Halens would much much prefer a show from 2012.

Comment

Working...