• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
    I think this is reaching and a touch paranoid...just one mans opinion
    I'm on very little sleep. Maybe I should go to bed lol

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

It's what Van Halen does. They have been blue balling the fans since 1996. Business as usual. You can't fix stupid.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
        Maybe Edwad will bring both Sammy and Michael back...
        They don't want to come back. They don't trust Edwad. Sammy says he's too old to put up with Eddie's shit.

Comment

• philouze
          Banned
          • Mar 2004

How =VH= see their fans:

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by WARF
            i'm thinking Van Halen is under pressure to get rid of David Lee Roth. They need an excuse to get rid of him. Obviously, they can't get rid of him because Roth is still selling tickets to major arenas. So how do they get rid of him? Release this pile of shit. Influence the fans to not buy tickets to Van Halen shows because Roth sounds like garbage... and cue in singer #4 or Sammy Hagar.

There's a lot of fishy things happening up on Howdy Doody Mountain. Eddie Van Halen doesn't know where Dave lives. Dave shuts down his site and on all social networks. I could be wrong, but i'm just adding up the math. The Bottom line is David Lee Roth is an aging rockstar, and he is HIT OR MISS. I'm not gonna fault him on his off nights, but Dave had plenty of good performances over the course of the 2012/13 tour and I am a bit baffled why they would select the worst show of that tour?

The brainwashed masses can bend over and take it up the ass.

I'm not buying into this bullshit.

Do the math.
            It's more simple than that. Eddie is helping Wolfie make a new album so Ed just blew off Van Halen for that. I mean Ed ain't going to pick up the phone and tell Dave. Ed does what Ed wants and Ed doesn't feel the need to consider how his actions affect other people. It's all about Ed. I bet Dave is not a member of the band legally. They probably negotiated a deal where he's a paid employee.
            Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-04-2015, 02:51 AM.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by philouze
              How =VH= see their fans:

Here's to warm water in your eye and a cold carrot up your ass.

Comment

• philouze
                Banned
                • Mar 2004

I kinda look at the bright side of things. The band isn't forcing me to buy this horrendous piece of shite. And to be fair, I don't listen to the 2012-13 shows. I used to have quite an amount of bootlegs from that run, but I deleted them.
                Let's be honest, folks.
                Dave was the weak link on that tour. In '07, that was Ed. I wouldn't have released anything from those two tours.
                Do the math... Yeah, that's it...
                They should have put out something from '78-'84. In other words: WHAT THE FANS WANT.

Comment

• WARF
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

How =VH= see their fans:

Comment

• philouze
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2004

Some Metal Sludge board quotes about that Live fiasco:

"I love classic Dave VH but this is not Dave being Dave,it's Dave embarrassing the shit out of himself and sounding fucking horrible while Ed does a paint-by-numbers impression of himself. I can't believe they released this mess."

"I lost it at "hot shoes burning down the avenue"
                    Dave sounds like Uli Jon Roth singing. Like an old, drunk Japanese bum doing karaoke"

"They are saying it's completely untouched with no overdubs or re-recordings, and I believe it. It's embarrassingly bad. The only reason they didn't have Dave redo the vocals is because he's not any better in the studio. I can't believe they would actually release this."

"All you fuckers wanted Dave back in the band for 30 years. Well this is what you get. I hope you're happy."

"He's not just flubbing the high notes, he's adding new ones to fuck up. Panama sounds passable until he suddenly shrieks "HAH CHOO, BURNIN' DOWN THE AVENOWWW" as high as he can."

"To quote Sam Kinison..." If you saw that animal at the zoo you would beg them to put it down"

"I've been told that Van Gogh took one listen to this shit and ran to the kitchen to cut his other ear off. It's that bad."

(That one's for WARF)
                    "Wouldn't it be wild if this was the ultimate revenge on Roth? I know it's unlikely that Eddie and Alex would screw with the VH legacy, but wouldn't it be the ultimate sly F.U. to immortalize Roth's bastardized vocals on a live album for all the world to hear?"

Comment

• neuralfraud
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Aug 2010

This is worse than the youtube videos. They've actually managed to make it sound worse than anything that's ever been put on youtube. how in the world could that have been possible?

to make matters worse, my mother, a hagar apologist, posts the UCR link on my facebook page like "LOL! HERE YOU GO! LOVE YOU!" ...great. thanks, ma.

This is fucking embarrassing. plain and simple. I'm going to put my head in the sand and presume that this is purely the result of people who are now too old to think straight rather than a blatant attempt to sabotage dave.

"My voice sounds like four flat tires rolling through mud!" - to paraphrase dave, perhaps he's simply accepted reality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIjzsUKZ1AE - this is 5,000,000 times better.

I don't know how i can improve on anything else that's already been said, so in summary - they should have never gone this direction.

It's like a girl you've always thought was rather attractive and you finally get to hook up after a number of years. She still looks good in them tight jeans. She wants to party. You go over, have a good time and suddenly she strips down before you. You're salivating - after all these years, could this be what you've always imagined?

OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!

...you realize that the clothes were the only thing keeping her body formed to an acceptable degree. Her tits look like two wet socks and her ass looks like a balloon that popped. Realizing the situation you've suddenly found yourself in, you've no choice but to scream in horror and run out the door, get into your car and drive FAR, FAR AWAY. You can never think of her as you once knew, every memory is instantaneously ruined by the unspeakable images you've witnessed; what has been seen cannot be unseen!

This album is that girl. Don't listen to it. these two songs are just a taste of what lies beyond.

Comment

• atomicpnk47
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                        I can almost picture the press conference now...crippled up old Al comes hobbling out, then here comes Clueless Ed...then Mikey and Slappy and the place goes insane. And at the same time Dave is setting fire to Ed's house...
                        Meet us in the pasture not in the future.....

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                          ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by fraroc
                          There.

I finally said it.

FUCK. THE. VAN. HALEN. FANS.

Well, maybe not fuck all the fans, I should be more specific, Fuck the idiots that have infiltrated the Van Halen fanbase and made it their home.

Now don't get me wrong, I will always love Van Halen. They will always be among one of my favorite bands with KISS, Rush, Kansas, Motley Crue, Sabbath, Ozzy and others. But I simply just do NOT want to identify as a Van Halen fan anymore. Why? Heh....Can it be more obvious? Look around at all the Youtube videos. The negative comments of these fucking idiot fans complaining about David Lee Roth and "DURR WHY ISN'T THERE SAMMY DAVE SUKKS" Now, I'd gladly write these assholes off as trolls, but the thing is just this. These idiots seemed to have completley fucking innudaded the VH fanbase, these hate comments are the fucking majority.

I've said this MANY times before. These same morons BEGGED in 2006 for Eddie to get David Lee Roth back in the band and to make a new album. They give us BOTH of those things. And now, they're begging for Sammy to return. Realistically from an unbiased standpoint, it will never fucking happen. Eddie has made it clear that the Van Hagar ship has sailed.

And another thing, why the fuck are people forgetting NOW that Dave was never exactly fucking Luciano Pavarotti live? Even in his goddamn PRIME he was never that great of a singer. His talents reside in showmanship and being a fucking amazing charismatic frontman. Look at US Fest 1983, one of the best Van Halen concerts judging from how much fun they were having that night. Dave sounded like absolute fucking dogshit that concert. He sounded SO bad that when MTV broadcasted Running With The Devil, Pretty Woman, and You Really Got Me from that show they had to seriously overdub his vocals.

And guess what, IT NEVER FUCKING MATTERED that Dave didn't sound great live, at least not back then! Why now is everyone a fucking micromanaging over-analyzing Nazi over his voice? Seriously, why now?
                          You go girl, that will teach them.
                          I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                          Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                            ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by Droomer5150
                            Man. The Van Halen fanbase are a bunch of bitches. I'm ashamed.... The worst that will happen is Van Halen will say fuck you we are still millions of dollars richer than you and will go out and people will love it anyway. Or they'll say we're done, no one cares about the band anymore ungrateful fans. And to that I say fuck you all (the negative ones), if that ever happens I'll be pissed....then again neither would happen and they won't even care haha.

Still, disappointed in the VH fanbase, it baffles me why in the internet world everyone assumes they have authority to comment and rag on stuff if they don't like it. Directly I'm talking, not just discussing how shit you think it is with your mates that's always been around, but directly on the bandpage and youtube etc, someone from the camp/or artist will obviously see it (wolfgang, PR, webmasters etc who probably pass it on to the band). Pisses me off. It's like going up to someone and saying fuck you're ugly, or going up to a singer and saying you suck, or man you're kid sucks ass he's fat as fuck. People (the majority) just don't do that in the real world. It's just such a dick thing to do. I mean wtf!, why can't people just be nice? haha. If you don't like it, just move on and listen to something else instead of being a rude, disrespectful asshole. The internet world has brought out the asshole in everyone, big, prolapsed, ugly and shitty.

End of the day it's their band, they do what they want. They've worked their asses off for us and we've paid them for their work. They don't owe us shit. That said it'd be a nice gesture to the fans to have a modern blu-ray and some classic shows haha. Rant over.
                            Says "Van Halen fans are a bunch of bitches", then bitches for 3 paragraphs. Good job there, guy

If they are putting out a product to sell, we, the consumers, have every right to tell them we think it is shit. Yes, it's their band, yes they can do what they want, and no they don't ultimately owe us anything. But it works both ways. We are their audience, we can receive what ever they give us how ever we want, and we owe them nothing. If I think the album sounds like crap (from what I have heard, it does) I will say so, and I will say it however I please
                            Last edited by Dave's Bitch; 03-04-2015, 07:34 AM.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

"He's not just flubbing the high notes, he's adding new ones to fuck up. Panama sounds passable until he suddenly shrieks "HAH CHOO, BURNIN' DOWN THE AVENOWWW" as high as he can."
                              My god, this one here made my sides hurt

Comment

• philouze
                                Banned
                                • Mar 2004

You go girl, that will teach them.

By the way, if anyone here feels like there's a lot of "hate" towards =VH=, you can promptly can go and fuck yourselves.
                                This is the Rotharmy. Fucktards.
                                Last edited by philouze; 03-04-2015, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Working...