• ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Comment

• 78/84 guy
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by DONNIEP
      Just listened to Panama again. Holy shit it sucks! At this point they need to just pipe in Dave's vocals from any other tour prior to 2005. Or just have Ralph back stage singing the shit while Dave lip syncs.
      Or just release an 07/08 show were Ed isn't fucked up. Baltimore 08 is killer ! Ed included.Dave owned that tour. And Wolf was fine.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by ELVIS
        Maybe in retrospect it's great production...

Comment

• 78/84 guy
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Apr 2005

I think you're projecting way too much reason there...
          Ya think ?

Comment

• vanhalendlrband
            Groupie
            • Jan 2004

Sounds good to me, I don't get whats wrong with this release. It rocks. I listen to lots of shit and it sounds like Van Halen to me.

Already pre-ordered the box set done and done. Dave 4 life! I want more new albums. Live or not-live.
            When you think of Van Halen you think of David Lee Roth.

Comment

• Fairwrning
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

At this point I gotta agree with whoever said this was sabotage on Dave..thats why he is under the radar right now..somewhere Sammy is laughing his ass off..

Comment

• Fairwrning
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by vanhalendlrband
                sounds good to me, i don't get whats wrong with this release. It rocks. I listen to lots of shit and it sounds like van halen to me.

Already pre-ordered the box set done and done. Dave 4 life! I want more new albums. Live or not-live.
                liar!!!

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                  At this point I gotta agree with whoever said this was sabotage on Dave..thats why he is under the radar right now..somewhere Sammy is laughing his ass off..
                  So is Mike.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

this was sabotage
                    I'm tellin' yall it's SABOTAGE!!!

American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Does Dave suck it up and tour? I would say probably but would love to see him say a big FU to Vh and record a solo disc.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

Does Dave suck it up and tour? I would say probably but would love to see him say a big FU to Vh and record a solo disc.
                        And then I want to see Sam and Mike say "Go fuck your momma" when Ed calls them up to try and salvage what's left of his miserable career. Then I want Ed and Al and Wolfie to tour as Van Halen as a trio so I can go to the show and laugh like I've never laughed before.

Or they could just bring Mike back and crank his mic up really loud to try and cover up for Dave's "neeeyowwwww" he likes to do now.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Dave has a record done with john 5 right?...Add MA to that band and roll on

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

Dave has a record done with john 5 right?...Add MA to that band and roll on
                            They recorded that over a year ago. But yeah, Mikey and Dave and two more great musicians and it would sound a hell of a lot more like Van Halen than the current VH does. Then again, unless Dave puts some work in on the voice....even Mikey can't cover up all that.

Who knows..Well, Dave knows. He knows if he can sing the songs or if he's just screwin around, not really trying, etc. Ah, I'll wait to see if this "tour" materializes. Then I'll watch some crappy youtubes and read the set list and then decide if I want to go see em again. I'm sure Dave could tune up his pipes. We'll see if he does.

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                              These guys crucify this release, same as every other public outlet is doing to it.

Unless Ed and the boys aren't listening, or they have ulterior motives, I can't believe they will go through with the release of this thing.
                              Those discs are pressed, the artwork is printed, and they're boxed up and sitting on a shipping dock somewhere. This ain't like the Super Bowl, where both teams have "champions" shirts printed and then the loser's shirts get sent to some tribe in the jungle somewhere...this shit is too far along, it is happening.

Originally posted by chuckjitsu
                              Here's me trying to make some sense of the world's most puzzling/frustrating band (welcome to VH fandom baby!!). Based on the rumors we're hearing about shows this summer, I'm guessing they wanted some product to tour behind as the reunion angle from 07-08 wasn't going to cut it and touring in support of ADKOT has run its course. There is some precedence here from the Samburglar era when they released the "live" album between FUCK and Balance and toured in support of it. The problem with that is that it's 2015, not 1993. The other problem is that "new" release aside, this really is just an extension of the the ADKOT tour and unless they're willing to update the stage show, set list and Dave gets in better form vocally, there will be a lot of "been there, done that" feelings for this series of shows. Maybe you can get away with this in '93, but they're pushing it in 2015.

Why the 2013 Tokyo show? I think 1993 once again offers insight. The show from the 1993 release was from their previous tour, i.e., a more recent show, so i think they went that route again. Why not a show from 2012? If I had to guess, they either didn't professionally record any of those shows, or if they did, perhaps the show(s) they recorded would've required extensive vocal enhancements given Dave's vocal struggles on that tour.

I've had my share of sport with this release, but I honestly thought Dave's vocals were ok for this show, based on what I saw/heard on the Tubes. I mentioned it elsewhere, but the larger issue is that this release is what I called "the lazy middle ground". They wanted to tour this summer but wanted to tour in support of something instead of just another "oldies/hits" tour (even though that's basically what they're doing anyway), so they release this live album. Here's an idea- PUT OUT A NEW FUCKING ALBUM, THEN YOU'LL HAVE A LEGITIMATE REASON TO TOUR!!!
                              Or tour behind the remasters, and do what the Stones did in '02: Play a bunch of hits, then in the middle of the set play four songs from just one album. Switch these up every night...a Fair Warning night, WACF, etc. Hell they already play four songs from VH 1 and almost the same from 1984.

I'd say play one album in it's entirety and then a bunch of hits, but I doubt that most of us would be satisfied with that.

Originally posted by chuckjitsu
                              You mean anonymous assholes on YouTube and their opinions should govern my decision making/thought processes?
                              As opposed to the anonymous assholes here?

I now know why Dave put a ship on the cover...
                              Because that ship has motherfucking sailed?

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
                              Or just release an 07/08 show were Ed isn't fucked up. Baltimore 08 is killer ! Ed included.Dave owned that tour. And Wolf was fine.
                              Montreal '07. Best of the four I saw that tour.
                              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by twonabomber
                                This ain't like the Super Bowl, where both teams have "champions" shirts printed and then the loser's shirts get sent to some tribe in the jungle somewhere...this shit is too far along, it is happening.
                                Spit my beer our funny. Thank you!

Comment

Working...