X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kwame k
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
    I won't buy it. But I won't download it either. I believe that is one of the reasons artists don't spend a lot of time working on

and releasing new material these days, because it will just be stolen.

Or they could just be lazy asses.
    I don't normally promote illegal downloading but in this case I'm making a statement!

Put out shit that no one wants and you won't get shit from me!

I'd be the first one to buy a new album or a classic era live album/DVD!
    Originally posted by vandeleur
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
      Sniper
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
      I don't normally promote illegal downloading but in this case I'm making a statement!

Put out shit that no one wants and you won't get shit from me!

I'd be the first one to buy a new album or a classic era live album/DVD!
      I was sad to see the number of people on here and elsewhere posting that they were downloading ADKOT

because it was released elsewhere before North America. I knew that kind of thing would just solidify in Ed's

mind that it was not worth the effort to release new material.

In defense of this site, at the time, VA made it clear that promoting the downloading of the album would

not be tolerated.
      WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• Von Halen
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by kwame k
        So who here will actually buy this garbage cash grab if it is true?
        The only ones that will bend over for this, are those that are more desperate for something from these guys, than I am. Them, and those that never got to see the real Van Halen. Or maybe only got to see that watered down 1984 tour, where Dave was already well on his way to fucking up the band, with all of his wardrobe changes and samurai act, and bullshit that went on during that tour.

Comment

• kwame k
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
          I was sad to see the number of people on here and elsewhere posting that they were downloading ADKOT

because it was released elsewhere before North America. I knew that kind of thing would just solidify in Ed's

mind that it was not worth the effort to release new material.

In defense of this site, at the time, VA made it clear that promoting the downloading of the album would

not be tolerated.
          I bought ADKOT and encouraged everyone I knew to do the same because I wanted to see these guys have a successful album with Dave back in the fold! To make sure he stayed back in the band!

Now I'm having second thoughts about him staying with VH if all they're going to do is rehash the "hits"!

I'd much rather hear what new stuff Dave comes up with without VH if VH can't or won't release new music!

And VA did a great job keeping the illegal stuff off the boards back then!
          E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• kwame k
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Von Halen
            The only ones that will bend over for this, are those that are more desperate for something from these guys, than I am. Them, and those that never got to see the real Van Halen. Or maybe only got to see that watered down 1984 tour, where Dave was already well on his way to fucking up the band, with all of his wardrobe changes and samurai act, and bullshit that went on during that tour.
            I hear ya!

In thinking about how much I've spent on this band over the years!

Bought all the albums on vinyl.
            Bought them all again on cassette.
            On CD.
            The remastered CD's.
            Then all the vinyl again (sure they didn't see money from those)

They've gotten plenty of money from me!

Comment

• Von Halen
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Ed and Al might want to forget this guy was ever in the band, but I sure as fuck won't!

I WANT A LIVE SHOW OF THE REAL VAN HALEN! WHEN VAN HALEN WAS VAN HALEN!

As you can see from the stub in the previous post, I took this picture on August 24th, 1980.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                He's only saying that so Donnie will ride with him!
                Hells Yeah! Von and Don Summer Tour 2015 - Coming to A Motherfuckin' Walmart In YOUR Town!!
                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Here's the track listing.

Unchained
                  Runnin’ With the Devil
                  She’s The Woman
                  I’m The One
                  Tattoo
                  Everybody Wants Some
                  Somebody Get Me A Doctor
                  China Town
                  Hear About It Later
                  Oh, Pretty Woman
                  You Really Got Me
                  Dance the Night Away
                  I’ll Wait
                  And The Cradle Will Rock…
                  Hot for Teacher
                  Women In Love
                  Romeo Delight
                  Mean Street
                  Beautiful Girls
                  Ice Cream Man
                  Panama
                  Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Love
                  Jump
                  Oh of course... they couldn't leave out the fucking lameassed Top 40 synth pop songs.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DONNIEP
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

So...VH returns to the Fortress of Irrelevance for how many months and the absolute best they can possibly come up with is a live show from this last tour? Oh please, please - where do I place my preorder? Does it come with a dildo so I'll feel like I'm truly getting fucked??

I don't want no live album of this so called Van Halen, especially not off this last tour, which sucked camel cock as often as not. Go back and remaster or clean up or blow off one of the old shows and put that out as a live record. You know - something that actually sounds like Van Halen!

Now, when do the tickets for this magical mystery tour go on sale? I'm gonna jump up on stage and draw a treasure map on Dave's dome!!

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

I hope this is a double live album and the second record is Ed's Guitar Solos Through The Years. They can just take one from the last tour and cut it into the vinyl 8 times on each side. And honestly, can you ever get enough of hearing the same solo over and over again? I think not.

Comment

• Von Halen
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

If Cato has a bootleg of that show, and I think he does, he should do some proper art work, and put out a press release saying he's releasing it on March 31st! 2 discs! Audio and DVD! I bet his version would out sell the "official" version!

Comment

• DONNIEP
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

If Cato has a bootleg of that show, and I think he does, he should do some proper art work, and put out a press release saying he's releasing it on March 31st! 2 discs! Audio and DVD! I bet his version would out sell the "official" version!
                          Well he'd only have to press 9 copies...

Comment

• Fairwrning
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Id consider buying this Japan show only if they throw in the 83 US festival dvd...in the meantime Im gonna watch my Buenos Aires dvd and smoke some dope in my basement..

Comment

• Von Halen
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                              Id consider buying this Japan show only if they throw in the 83 US festival dvd...in the meantime Im gonna watch my Buenos Aires dvd and smoke some dope in my basement..
                              I was dicking around with the Roku player last night, searching channels, and I come across one called the Mullet channel. I add it, click on Van Halen, and the first thing they play is LARGO IN ITS ENTIRETY!! That's the stuff Van Halen fans want!!

Comment

• Kristy
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Did I read that right? 25 cent parking fee? It's around $18 - $22 for your average Red Rocks Rip Off these days.

Comment

Working...