Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Rock the Ellen Show? What are we going to rock next The View? What a fagged up world we live in now.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Dan
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

WGAFF What People Think,Any TV Time Is Good Time.
      First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Dan
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Maybe Dave Will Turn Her Straight.

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
          Rock the Ellen Show? What are we going to rock next The View? What a fagged up world we live in now.
          The View would be a better venue for the band and for the Army. They're more in-line with the prevalent attitude here.

The Mighty Van Halen is gonna perform on a mid afternoon show that nobody you know watches. Yay. That's what ALL of the super cool bands do.
          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Dan
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Maybe They Want More MILF For Van Halen.

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
              Of course Dave would have to watch his "ad libs" in front of the TV cameras, but I'm sure they have the 7 second delay
              Pretty sure the show is taped and not aired live. They can edit that shit out and no one will notice.
              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                Pretty sure the show is taped and not aired live. They can edit that shit out and no one will notice.
                Even better.

I hope Dave does his Jack Daniels jizz routine. And I hope he shoots it all over Ed. Fuckin miserable prick.
                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• chuckjitsu
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Apr 2012

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                  Hell, it's almost as big of a stroke of genius as having ONE billboard advertise the pic of the album cover of ADKOT.
                  I wondered about this the other day. They did nothing like this to promote ADKOT, which was a good record, but are apparently doing multiple tv appearances to promote this album, which i don't believe will be as good. These guys...

It now seems even more miraculous that A Different Kind Of Truth got made/released at all.

Comment

• Jetstream
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Dec 2011

People often like to cite how Hagar saved Van Halen. Maybe in new product money but in my opinion not the band's reputation and I think Hagar in hindsight has hurt Van Halen. How many studio LPs did Zeppelin or Hendrix have in comparison to Van Halen with Roth, but the legend not only remained intact but it grew. Thanks to Hagar, you have a whole generation with a skewed opinion of the group due to the AOR cliché rock Hagar made the band become... and now you have all the friction these ignorant 'new' fans cause every time Van Halen is now mentioned as if Sammy is a rightful representation of the legend in my opinion
                    I got lost in the...

Comment

• VHscraps
                      Veteran
                      • Jul 2009

I honestly don't give two shits what this band does tomorrow or 7 years from now. It will always be Dave, Al, Ed, and Wolfie. And no matter how hard anyone tries to listen to live cuts from any show, it ain't fucking Van Halen. It ain't. It will never sound right and anybody who caught the first tour who thought a 16 year old kid DESERVED to be up there is a moron.
                      Ditto. They are truly done for me now.

Just retire al-fucking-ready before further destroying what made you great.

This Ellen thing is the lamest ever move.. I have nothing against Ellen as a person, or her show - never seen it,, and I don't care if other 'rockers' have been on her show, it ain't Van Halen. Is Wolfie's Mom managing the band ... FFS.

If you want goddam headlines, news coverage, to hit the TV screens of every home in the nation fair enough - but try and do something a bit more inventive, with some balls.
                      THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

It's the pussy generation today so VH is just marketing to it. Rock and roll is about piss and vinegar and breaking rules. It doesn't exist in a society where everyone is afraid of offending everyone and getting in trouble for it. No attitude no nothin.

Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-21-2015, 04:55 AM.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by chuckjitsu
                          I wondered about this the other day. They did nothing like this to promote ADKOT, which was a good record, but are apparently doing multiple tv appearances to promote this album, which i don't believe will be as good. These guys...

It now seems even more miraculous that A Different Kind Of Truth got made/released at all.
                          You can have the greatest songs in the world but if they aren't promoted properly they go nowhere.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Even better.

I hope Dave does his Jack Daniels jizz routine. And I hope he shoots it all over Ed. Fuckin miserable prick.
                            Aw gee. Ed would get a taste of the alcohol suck Dave off and end up back in the Betty Ford clinic.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

The View would be a better venue for the band and for the Army. They're more in-line with the prevalent attitude here.

The Mighty Van Halen is gonna perform on a mid afternoon show that nobody you know watches. Yay. That's what ALL of the super cool bands do.
                              How did Ellen even get famous in the first place? Yeah she was a comedian but my gosh I don't even remember one routine of hers. All I know her for is she got a lot of air time for coming out gay. Now that's ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz. The whole fucking world has gone gay. Including Van Halen.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                                ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

My point is this: Ed trots out whatever version of VH - I'll even say this - Ed trots out whatever version of Van Fucking Halen that He thinks is the definitive version, whenever it suits him. Ed is a deluded moron. Al just wants to cash in. Dave...Dave just wanted to be back in. And he did whatever it took to get back in that band - including allowing some little kid to play bass and pretend to sing. Why else would he say at Cafe Wha? that it was all real and live? And then go on to tell RS that he wanted Mikey back?

I honestly don't give two shits what this band does tomorrow or 7 years from now. It will always be Dave, Al, Ed, and Wolfie. And no matter how hard anyone tries to listen to live cuts from any show, it ain't fucking Van Halen. It ain't. It will never sound right and anybody who caught the first tour who thought a 16 year old kid DESERVED to be up there is a moron.

But I do hope they rock the Ellen show. Because that's what Van Fucking Halen should do. Play on a show that airs in the afternoon. That's genius marketing. Showing up to a show that NOBODY you know ever watches on a regular basis. Hell, it's almost as big of a stroke of genius as having ONE billboard advertise the pic of the album cover of ADKOT. Seeing as how they stole it straight off another record. And there were 37 people here who even fuckin knew it would be there and knew what it was...
                                This, exactly this.
                                I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                                Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

Working...