X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
    Are you poking fun at the fact that real life people not only have real conversations, but sometimes share real life names and addresses to send real CDs and real DVDs in the real mail so real friends they've made can enjoy real good stuff on their real stereos and real TVs?
    Yeah, I think out of everybody here I know this probably better than most.
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Then you catch my drift.

Comment

• VetteLS5
        Commando
        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
        So I'm not able to criticize a person unless I've lived their life?, what kind of backward way of thinking is that?. Using your logic I cannot judge a murderer, a pedophile, a terrorist, simply because I don't know what they have been through.

It is a lovely idea to try and live by, Angel. It is not a practical one at all
        Extremism... it's not just for breakfast anymore.

Comment

• gbranton
          Veteran
          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by DONNIEP
          No, this is really real life. See, the Army has transcended beyond the internwebz. Everything you post here is real and it has real consequences. For real. It's all real. So you had better be sure what you post is real and represents you in the real world. Because if you make a joke or poke fun at somebody - you're gonna pay in the real world. It's just how things are now. You can't post jokes. You can't post anything remotely considered satirical. Every single thing is real and this is the real world.

Welcome to the new normal. Ain't it great?
          I was disagreeing with the assertion that she is a poo poo head.
          "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Anonymous
            Banned
            • May 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
            Would wrapping him in cotton wool and feeling sorry for him be more productive?.
            I have often wondered that... it appears to me that such a behaviour is actually quite detrimental, but what the hell do I know? I've never been to university, nor am I a doctor or a psychologist.

I guess it's all part of being a caring, understanding & tolerant person. You have to accept & encourage other people's flaws instead of trying to correct them. And tell them they're special, unique snowflakes that DESERVE everything from everyone.

That's how it should be. I mean, what can possibly go wrong in such a scenario? Yay, rainbows & unicorns.

By the way, a question mark is enough to signal the end of a sentence, especially if said sentence is a question. You don't need a period after it.

You dumb, F A T ass.

Cheers!

Comment

• lesfunk
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
              From Wolfie's Twitter page:
              goddamn you! I think someone hacked my cloud
              http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• blueturk
                Veteran
                • Jul 2004

Fucking terrible. Why in the hell are they doing "Ellen" anyway? Dave exhorting the housewives to jump (admittedly, they did) was like some Wayne Newton quasi-rock and roll deal. Will it ever be the same?

Comment

• Jetstream
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Dec 2011

Ok I watched it again and just listened to Dave's voice... it did not sound bad at all and the band is really happy, the problem is that it is Jump and Ellen lol
                  I got lost in the...

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I just couldn't stand the whole bit about comparing a slot on her show to the Beatles and Ed Sullivan. Even she was wearing a 'wouldja shut up already?' look on her face. Aside from that and spreading his ass for the crowd, he did alright.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I agree.. The Ed Sullivan show was the most watched program on TV in the 50's & 60's. Granted the TV world was a much smaller place back then... But the show was iconic in presenting Live performances of the major popular entertainment artists for over 2 decades. The Ellen show doesn't even come close...
                      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Jetstream
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                        I agree.. The Ed Sullivan show was the most watched program on TV in the 50's & 60's. Granted the TV world was a much smaller place back then... But the show was iconic in presenting Live performances of the major popular entertainment artists for over 2 decades. The Ellen show doesn't even come close...
                        Absolutely, Ellen is not even in the parking lot of the ballpark which was the Ed Sullivan show, but those comments where promotion by Dave and for the audience and host he was at, it is mad dramatizing and Dave knows damn well Ellen is not Sullivan. The masses are stupid and hyperbole works wonders on them when it is repeated again and again on them... proof can be found in the promoted lies of Hagar on everything from being as big before Van Halen, outrageous record sale claims, and his constant smear campaign against the members of Van Halen, most of the sheep believe the lie now
                        Last edited by Jetstream; 04-25-2015, 02:26 PM.
                        I got lost in the...

Comment

• ZahZoo
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I don't know about the masses being stupid as much as Dave being delusional...

It's like he thought he was out at Wrigley Field in game 5 of the World Series... unfortunately he'd just stumbled into the middle of a local T-ball game in Bakersfield...

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Apr 2005

It thought he was terrible on it. Kimmel was more of who Dave should be fronting VH. I expect Hagar to act like an idiot Vegas showman on Ellen. His singing sill sucks. And I don't think he care's 3 years latter.

Comment

• Carloscda
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Jan 2009

Like it or not Ellen is the biggest thing on daytime tv right now!

Would like to see VH on Jimmy Fallen or matter of fact the last wk of David Letterman's show.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Carloscda
                                Like it or not Ellen is the biggest thing on daytime tv right now!

Would like to see VH on Jimmy Fallen or matter of fact the last wk of David Letterman's show.
                                LOL... Number 18 in weekly ratings isn't quite big let alone biggest. Let's not fool ourselves here...

Dr Phil beat out Ellen by 5 positions... Reruns of The Big Bang Theory beat her show by 10.

Comment

Working...