New EVH interview (Washington Post, April 2nd)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Von Halen
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by private parts
    I really don't fault Ed. I mean Dave is on the other side of the world playing Karate Kid, he won't sing certain songs cause he knows he can't,
    he can't remember the lyrics, and really seems like he is not part of the "family". Not to mention ruining the legacy of this band in the public eye.
    I guess Dave doesn't believe Ed is smart enough to pull a Neal Schon, and get some clone that will sing every song Ed tells him to sing. You motherfuckers can laugh all you want about that idea, but take a look at the tour grosses Journey has been pulling down the last few years. If Ed resigns himself to the idea that making new music is out of the question, I wouldn't be surprised to see him do just what Journey did.

By the way, I think more people leave during the solo's to get beer, than they do during the new songs they played. I don't think Ed is giving the newer songs enough credit. I'd like to see them add a couple more tunes off ADKOT.

Also, fuck an opening act. Just like in Japan, don't have one. Play a longer setlist. Even take an intermission break.

These motherfuckers need a fan running their show. They sure as fuck don't know what they're doing, or what we want.

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Angel
      My lord, Ed is incapable of taking responsibility isn't he?
      Common theme... the closer it revolves around him the more it's someone else's fault.

It must of been a lot of work fighting with a contractor over mold in his elevator shaft and remodeling the kitchen... ate up half of 2013 and all of 2014...
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• private parts
        Sniper
        • Jan 2007

They treat this thing like a part time job during the holidays. Your either a full time rock band or your not. This half ass shit is ruining it for me.
        sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• hambon4lif
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
          These motherfuckers need a fan running their show. They sure as fuck don't know what they're doing, or what we want.
          That's exactly what my first impression was when I heard about this "Live CD" bullshit. To me it's just a bad move, and also an indication that the well is dry.
          A fan would know better than that. A fan would go through the supposed 'vault' and put together something other fans would actually want, because evidently they're fucking clueless.

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            Maybe 10 years from now stuff off of “A Different Kind of Truth” will be considered classic and people will want to hear those.

No maybe. It will still be considered a pile of shit as it rots in the $1.99 used bin.

Comment

• Fairwrning
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

I do believe this part...

Q: Last time you toured, Wolfgang assembled the set list. Did he do it this time, and are you playing any songs this time out you didn’t play during the last tour?

A: That is yet to be seen. I’m hoping to play some other songs, but a lot of times that comes down to what Dave will sing and what he won’t. Wolf and I talk all the time and say, “Let’s throw this in. Let’s throw that in.” Ultimately, if Dave doesn’t want to sing them, then we can’t do them. I would love to throw in “Drop Dead Legs” and “Light Up the Sky.” All kinds of stuff. I think it would be a treat for the audience. Maybe we can convince him this time around

Comment

• Fairwrning
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                No maybe. It will still be considered a pile of shit as it rots in the $1.99 used bin.
                I think its already in the $2 bin...deal of the year,,

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                  ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                  That's what I was wondering... weren't those demos produced by Gene Simmons before WB got on board?

I've also got to wonder what became of all the inventory that was stored at that film/tape archive still exists..? With all the management changes surrounding the band over the last 30-40 years stuff like that can easily be lost or just chucked into a dumpster if someone forgot to pay a bill or whoever was managing that left and didn't hand off anything to keep it retained.
                  maybe Jared or someone else from storage wars had it and threw it away
                  sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                    I think its already in the $2 bin...deal of the year,,
                    Has been since 2012.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

There is a new Marshall like EVH amp on the horizon...for the glass half full audience out there...lol

That is a lot of passive aggressive Dave bashing even for Ed...
                      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Fairwrning
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Does ANYBODY really believe Gene Simmons "lost" his Van Halen recordings?
                        No, but putting "Gene Simmons presents" on the cd cover would be a deal breaker..

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                          ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                          No, but putting "Gene Simmons presents" on the cd cover would be a deal breaker..
                          Knowing Gene he wanted 50% and a merch deal...
                          sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Fairwrning
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Wolf should bow out himself..the kid is too young to keep VH alive...start up his own band and let VH do one last original 4 tour.
                            Suck it up and make it happen.

Comment

• kwame k
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Feb 2008

Does ANYBODY really believe Gene Simmons "lost" his Van Halen recordings?
                              When asked about the demos and trying to get the band signed to Casablanca records.........Gene said they were more interested in disco and passed, he says he gave the demos to VH and told them to try to find their own record deal.
                              Originally posted by vandeleur
                              E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• kwame k
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Feb 2008

Here's Gene mentioning it................
                                Originally posted by vandeleur
                                E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

Working...