X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philouze
    Banned
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
    Maybe when your post count hits double digits you can tell us what, or what not to post......
    And even then, I'm not sure we'll give a fuck about his posts anyway..

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
      Unless Dave is purposefully sandbagging - his voice ain't gonna hold out for another 5 years.
      I'm sure Dave is making all sorts of deals with the Devil to make sure his voice improves and holds out.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
        I'm sure Dave is making all sorts of deals with the Devil to make sure his voice improves and holds out.
        I don't think the Devil cares at this point
        American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• VHscraps
          Veteran
          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Jetstream
          This is the sad state of affairs for Hagar, it does not matter if his voice has held up. It does not matter if he can sing in an unoriginal typical AOR voice on lame ass songs with a total lack of imagination be it good or bad. Hagar is fucking boring. His songs are fucking boring and therefore he sucks. Hell, I heard he did a couple of Zeppelin songs on his new 'live' LP. Can't blame him, his songs suck. The stellar music David and Edward have created is also the very problem that allows Roth to get away with a bunch of crap for the most part, because classic Van Halen is so damn great. Roth singing through a respirator and Alex on a water bucket, joined by Eddie attempting to play a bagpipe would be better than Hagar at his best, because the Van Halen catalog is light years better and uniquely legendary compared to the cliché run of the mill junk Hagar has to peddle with his healthy boring tone of a voice... Hagar at his best is average, and Van Halen at their worst is still more interesting
          Dave once claimed to have taken bagpipe lessons back in 82-83.

I hearby declare him an honorary Scot.
          THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• VHscraps
            Veteran
            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by vandeleur
            baby's on fire is on a little aint enough . Its by David LEE ROTH. Check him out he is canny
            So ... now it is established: both Dave and That Other Guy have solo songs titled 'Baby's On Fire'.

Which one of those songs is best fellas ...
            THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• ZahZoo
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
              Unless Dave is purposefully sandbagging - his voice ain't gonna hold out for another 5 years.
              What's happening is on purpose... but I don't think "sandbagging" is in play.

As long as crowds show up... cameras flash and whoever Dave surrounds himself with keep blowing smoke up his ass... Things will remain as they are.

Dave should sit down and seriously watch the Sinatra documentary on HBO... All or Nothing at All. He might learn a thing or two about going out in style rather than make a clown fool of himself...
              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

Honestly the only van hagar song or hsgar song I habe really heard is why can't this be love , I lisitened to it . And packed my bags and left van halen , it was dead to me . I have heard stuff over the years in the radio or when friends have tried to upset me. Van hagar played my home town about two miles from where I lived never went.
                I has no idea sammy or van hsgar had a song with that title.

But I knew Dave had lol
                fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• vandeleur
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Sep 2009

I also realise am probably missing some amazing guitar work being such a tit about it but fuck it I can sleep at night hahaha
                  fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                    Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by marty d.
                    Some of you jerk-offs that turned on dave,should go get in a circle and do the circle jerk! You're on the Roth army website and try to fuck over the diamond one, sorry ass motherfucks! Let's get some cherone sounding dumbfuck to sing instead
                    "Turned on Dave"? "Fuck over the diamond one?"

Listen here, asshat. You happen to be addressing the most loyal Dave fans on the planet at this site However, "loyalty" does not mean blind acceptance of every single thing Dave does, or doesn't do.

If anybody has earned the right to criticize Dave, it's the long time members of this site who have given everything they have (including tons of $$$$) as fans of Dave and VH.

Dave is the one who said "judge us harshly" when the reunion happened....so if you have an issue with our judgments, then take it up with Dave.

If you want to be an ass kissing sheep, then surf on over to VHND....where they delete even mildly critical posts because it's detrimental to their income as the official outlet for the half-assed "new" live album and cash-grab tour. I think you'll find things more your speed over there.
                    Originally posted by perilouspete
                    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by VHscraps
                      So ... now it is established: both Dave and That Other Guy have solo songs titled 'Baby's On Fire'.

Which one of those songs is best fellas ...
                      The one with this line....

I am two parts diamond
                      Some say three parts dirt
                      I say no one moves
                      Nobody gets hurt

Comment

• Von Halen
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                        The one with this line....

I am two parts diamond
                        Some say three parts dirt
                        I say no one moves
                        Nobody gets hurt
                        Not to mention, it also has Jason Becker.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by vandeleur
                          I also realise am probably missing some amazing guitar work being such a tit about it but fuck it I can sleep at night hahaha
                          Yep, there are some great guitar moments alright. And they're all slathered with, "uhh!" "c'mon baby" "ats right" "whoo!" "now flip on over" and who could forget "YIIIIIIIIIAAHH!!!"?

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                            Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
                            "Turned on Dave"? "Fuck over the diamond one?"

Listen here, asshat. You happen to be addressing the most loyal Dave fans on the planet at this site However, "loyalty" does not mean blind acceptance of every single thing Dave does, or doesn't do.

If anybody has earned the right to criticize Dave, it's the long time members of this site who have given everything they have (including tons of $$$$) as fans of Dave and VH.

Dave is the one who said "judge us harshly" when the reunion happened....so if you have an issue with our judgments, then take it up with Dave.

If you want to be an ass kissing sheep, then surf on over to VHND....where they delete even mildly critical posts because it's detrimental to their income as the official outlet for the half-assed "new" live album and cash-grab tour. I think you'll find things more your speed over there.
                            Seems kinda more like certain "Long timie" members around here are harping over and over again and again about the bad parts of DLR ...what they want to dwell on ...and that is their right, but the rest of us know DLR has brought us 95% quality music attitude and stories and any number of other gifts from his heart and soul. I am not even going to list the items or years.

The inability of these posters to get off it attempt some type of forward motion, is why they are sheep, always have been always will be.... 23K posts doesn't mean you won't drink from the cup of sapatula.

And LOunge MacDonalds. get the fuck back to cleaning those toilets kiss my ass with your ordering new posters around like you are some kind of fucking "Boss" around here..twat.
                            2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                            clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by clarathecarrot
                              Seems kinda more like certain "Long timie" members around here are harping over and over again and again about the bad parts of DLR ...what they want to dwell on ...
                              Show me the "good parts" that you've seen since the resurfacing on Kimmel and I'll stand corrected. I don't give a fuck that he can still kick above his head....that's not what I'm paying to see or hear.

The problem is that the "bad parts" are not organic....they're deliberate. He CAN sound good consistently....he just refuses to do it.
                              Originally posted by perilouspete
                              fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Von Halen
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by fryingdutchman

The problem is that the "bad parts" are not organic....they're deliberate. He CAN sound good consistently....he just refuses to do it.
                                Because Dave knows if instead of walking up to the edge of the stage with a bottle of Jack Daniels, he walked up, turned around and dropped his drawers to take a shit into the mouth of one of his blind followers, the carrot (and people like it) would be the first one to the stage. Then they would promptly post on the internet how Dave is the greatest at shitting in someone's mouth, and his shit tastes better than anyone else's shit.

Comment

Working...