X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Von Halen
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Van Halen to Perform at 2015 Billboard Music Awards

I was going to watch it live, but Rock On The Range was being broadcast on AXS TV.

Glad I dvr'd it. Solid performance. This version of Panama is much better than the one on the "definitive live album".

I realize Dave was previously performing to Ellen's LGBT (otherwise known as the NickDGheyFreshness) crowd, but it was great see him contain himself, for the most part, last night.

Comment

• private parts
      Sniper
      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by ZahZoo
      Hmmm decent performance for a single song... glad it wasn't Jump.

Missed it on the TV due to a severe thunderstorm causing my Dish network to go out... thought they were supposed come on later in the show. I kept bouncing back and forth between this show and Wicked Tuna... geez what a bunch of crap music, lip-syncing and so called artists representing the music industry these days... WTF was that noise and fire crap at the end from Kanye West... the technical issues with his sound cutting out was a blessing...
      The Boys sounded good.
      Last edited by private parts; 05-18-2015, 10:43 AM.
      sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• private parts
        Sniper
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by ZahZoo
        Hmmm decent performance for a single song... glad it wasn't Jump.

Missed it on the TV due to a severe thunderstorm causing my Dish network to go out... thought they were supposed come on later in the show. I kept bouncing back and forth between this show and Wicked Tuna... geez what a bunch of crap music, lip-syncing and so called artists representing the music industry these days... WTF was that noise and fire crap at the end from Kanye West... the technical issues with his sound cutting out was a blessing...
        It was not technical issue. He was censored. And rightly so

Comment

• private parts
          Sniper
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Von Halen
          I was going to watch it live, but Rock On The Range was being broadcast on AXS TV.
          Did you see the band "Motionless in White"? What the Fuck Crap was that!? I'm sure Marilyn Manson even changed the channel.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Nov 2004

Just found this. The chick should check out Dave's early 80s rants.

posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
            posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• TJMKID
              Veteran
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
              I'm sure Nicki Minaj threw up a little in her mouth.
              Sure, after Dave squirts a little of his swagger sauce down her throat.

God knows her mouth and brain aren't of much use to our culture.

Comment

• WARF
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Dave asked if he would ever sing Van Hagar lol

Always a great interview.

Comment

• private parts
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                  Just found this. The chick should check out Dave's early 80s rants.
                  Ya missed the first part of that when she said, "Van Halen played a new song called "Panama" with the bass player from Tremonti"
                  Dumb bitch.

Comment

• Silexxx
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Sep 2010

Better quality than previous ones. Skip to 1:15.

Comment

• WARF
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Press conference

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                        Veteran
                        • Feb 2004

I was relieved that the performance was actually quite good. I think they should do another one before the tour to continue on with damage control.
                        I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

Dave seems more Dave than the last couple of TV shows particularly kimmel.
                          Less off my fucking nut Dave .
                          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• TJMKID
                            Veteran
                            • Mar 2004

Really love it when Dave says --- "You know Roth means it, the other guy doesn't .... that's why it sold half as well"

Not only sold half as much --- but that was during the peak of the MTV era when Van Hagar vids got played in heavy rotation.

Originally posted by WARF

Comment

• cadaverdog
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                              Pretty cool stuff. If Dave carries on singing like this, I would pay to go see them. The band sounded great, the stage looked cool. Dave should keep the hat too.
                              I don't know about the vocals but the band sounds great. I know this is gonna piss some people off but Dave seems to be emulating Cherrone more than Jim Dandy nowdays.
                              Beware of Dog

Comment

• ZahZoo
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by WARF

Interesting interview... Dave does really like dance stuff. He really danced around those questions of another studio album, working with the Van Halens and singing Hagar material.

He did let the term... "work ethic" slip and tried to suck it back in then shifted to "work approach" somewhat smoothly.

I couldn't help but think of the term recently penned in another thread here during that interview... News from the Kingdom of Roth the Twitchy... LOL
                                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Working...