• Show
Clear All
  • private parts
    Sniper
    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
    Even if they're true?

The live album is the prime example....

They finished the ADKOT tour in June 2012, when EVH underwent the diverticulitis surgery....

They do 7 gigs in early 2013 up until July....

And then they (the VH's) do nothing for the next two years until they acquiesce and push out a live album (which I don't think is half as bad as a lot here do), when they could have easily commenced working on a new album.... Moreover, they even delegated the live album show selection to Dave !!

Not saying it's 100% the VH's fault, because we know by now Dave has his faults himself, but I definitely think when he specifically mentions "work ethic", THIS is what he's talking about....
    Every thing you say is true. The VH's have sat on their 60 year old asses letting precious time tick by and Dave (Mr. Action Jackson) is probably frustrated. But he needs to keep it in the tent. Not on the public air-waves.
    As the team leader, Dave should have cut his Japan adventure short if he thought the Van Halens were losing motivation. If he was really worried about work ethic maybe he should have been hanging out at 5150 and
    getting creative with Ed and Al. But I assume Ed could not be in the same room with Dave for any lengthy amount of time at risk of ending the band as we know it now.
    sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

Who cares if the bass player is fat you fucking freaks. Who gives a fuck if he develops fatty fat itis.
      Like we all live in a health farm

Play the songs ,eat your sandwiches and keep Dave from being creepy.
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Anonymous
        Banned
        • May 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
        Who cares if the bass player is fat you fucking freaks. Who gives a fuck if he develops fatty fat itis.
        Like we all live in a health farm

Play the songs ,eat your sandwiches and keep Dave from being creepy.
        Noone can keep Dave from being creepy. At this point, Dave himself can't not be creepy.

What's left to talk about? The songs? The same 60 or so 30+ years old songs?

Naw. We talk about Wolfie & his weight because that's the most interesting thing about this band. Even more interesting than the fucking dog!

Cheers!

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by philouze
          I've just watched Panama.
          Way, way better than what I expected.
          See the results when Dave doesn't try to outsing himself?

If he sings like that on the next tour, you attendees are in for a treat.
          Unfortunately, singing just one song isn't quite the same as a whole 26-tune gig. Dave could have sung perfectly last Sunday night, considering he only had Panama to belt out. But he still messed a few small parts.

The real treat would be for him to work on his voice and singing.
          posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
          posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
            Unfortunately, singing just one song isn't quite the same as a whole 26-tune gig. Dave could have sung perfectly last Sunday night, considering he only had Panama to belt out. But he still messed a few small parts.

The real treat would be for him to work on his voice and singing.
            I agree he needs work...

It probably didn't hurt matters performing in front of and hearing several artists who can actually hit the real notes and melodies from their songs rather than just throw it out with attitude and reckless abandon. Kanye West excluded...
            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
              I agree he needs work...

It probably didn't hurt matters performing in front of and hearing several artists who can actually hit the real notes and melodies from their songs rather than just throw it out with attitude and reckless abandon. Kanye West excluded...
              I don't know about that....

I actually sat through the whole excruciating show (nothing else on TV) and saw maybe three performances where somebody was actually singing (as opposed to auto-tuned or outright lip syncing)

Comparing one old band against another, I'd say Dave sounded better that night than Jim Kerr from Simple Minds did though.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• WARF
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

David Lee Roth is the greatest fucking frontman ever!!!!

Comment

• ThatArtGuy
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by WARF
                  David Lee Roth is the greatest fucking frontman ever!!!!
                  Now you're making some sense!
                  I brought my pencil!!!

Comment

• BumBahDeeDah
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    Hahahahah after all these years Dave hits back with facts - half!

I didn't even think it was that close...
                    Love the facts, but I wonder if Ed and Al just say "Dave, leave it alone" or "hey, that was OUR work, too."

I would even bet that he's lying about not working on a new record. At the very least, I'm sure he's ready with 15 sets of lyrics.

Comment

• Carloscda
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                      I agree he needs work...

Bottom line he brung it when he needed to!
                      And it's amazing how some are still whining & complaining?!!

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Heater
                        Meanwhile, each of Dave's solo albums sold more than the previous release, right? No, wrong. In fact, his last solo album sold what 50k? Yikes.
                        Anyway, the Billboard performance is as good as it will get, a few shows into the tour and Roth the Twitchy will be Roth the Screechy.
                        Post up the sales numbers of Hagar's post-VH albums. Go ahead, we're waiting.
                        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Heater
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by twonabomber
                          Post up the sales numbers of Hagar's post-VH albums. Go ahead, we're waiting.
                          YFLM....62k
                          DLR Band 51k
                          Diamond Dave 11k
                          I dont think any Hagar album performed as poorly as these. Dave on his own was a hambuger that could not be helped, he's lucky to be back and his performances should consistently reflect his gratitude but they don't. He needs to earn the applause some are so eager to give him. That's all, get pissed at him, not at the people who point this out.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

YFLM....62k
                            DLR Band 51k
                            Diamond Dave 11k
                            I dont think any Hagar album performed as poorly as these.

That may be accurate, but to be fair, per RIAA Hagar hasn't had any album go even Gold since 1994 himself, unless you include his Best Of "Unboxed" in '95....

That's nine albums since VOA not hitting Gold....
                            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

YFLM....62k
                              DLR Band 51k
                              Diamond Dave 11k
                              I dont think any Hagar album performed as poorly as these.
                              Really?

Are we including his 11 fucking compilation albums in this?

How many sales has the Circle jerk?

How many did the ironically titled 'Not 4 Sale' sell?

Or 'Cosmic Universal Fashion'?

Or 'Lite Roast'

No one really cares anyway the only reason it keeps coming up is because the twat has been lying about his album sales his whole career and claiming sales of 1984 and VH1 as his is utterly pathetic.

He is a mediocre talent that got incredibly lucky but is still unhappy.

Comment

• Nigel
                                Roadie
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by WARF
                                watch Dave check out her ass @1:33 - 1:34 LOL
                                Yes but @1:19 the dude wants to live with Dave; but Dave only offers a ride with him and he checks her ass
                                to keep maroon boy from peeing himself. . .

Comment

Working...