• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by WARF
    CAPTION THIS!

Dugie! Toss me that ball bat! Hell yes I mean it this time!!
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• cadaverdog
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by DONNIEP
      Where's Dave's video response?? That's what I want to see! Dave just going absolutely nuts, raising hell about Ed, throwin JD bottles up against the wall. Then he grabs the camera and shakes it, yelling at it, spit flyin', then static....
      I got 5 bucks that says he ain't gonna say shit.
      This fits right in with my post about Ed deliberately releasing a live album with sucky vocals to ensure Dave's career ends as humiliating as possible. If Dave responds to Ed's interview that gives Ed a green light to go ahead and stick the knife in the rest of the way.
      Beware of Dog

Comment

• WARF
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by fraroc
        Eddie's anti-Michael Anthony views were triggered by something that happened in the past. I do not believe that all of the sudden, Eddie stopped respecting Mike for no reason whatsoever. A major falling out between the two had to have happened when Sammy left in 1996 to when Sammy came back in 2004 and it had to have been on the same level as the EVH/Sammy Hagar falling out.

Eddie seems like the kind of person that once he gets the idea that someone he works with wronged him in any way, he just cannot let it go. He may not be a "hateful" person per se, but he can hold one hell of a grudge over something that happened years ago.
        Peek-a-boo

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
          I can see it now...Michael Buffer announcing it...In this corner, wearing the red white and black striped trunks, weighing in at 165 pounds plus some cheap ass dentures, The King of Six Strings and Six Packs, Edward The Liar Van Halennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. And in this corner, wearing the red Sponge Bob shorts or whatever, weighing in at 210 pounds plus that stupid looking shit growing off his chin, The Cabo Cunt himself, Sammy The Salesman Hagarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

And now, for the dozens in attendance and the 15 guys or so watching the live stream from Charlotte, North Carolina, ladies and gentlemen....Leeeeeeet's get ready to rumbulllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!

There, that looks better like that.
          Christ, I miss Celebrity Death Match. This would be perfect for it.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Shame Dave has not aged well. His skin looks like...well, ever had an abortion in the back seat of a 1982 Volvo on a hot summer's day? Roth looks like the car's interior in the aftermath.

Comment

• cadaverdog
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Aug 2007

Could you hold that monitor still. I can't see where my hands are supposed to be.
              Last edited by cadaverdog; 06-20-2015, 01:34 PM.
              Beware of Dog

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

CAPTION THIS!

Oh man, did I just...hell yeah I just shit myself. Again.

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                  Could you hold that monitor still. I can't see where my hands are supposed to be.
                  I remember a promotion on something like the TV Guide channel for that tour (the band were filmed while rehearsing) when an obviously out of it Ed pointed out he'd used a Sharpie to mark out the frets he used the most on the back of the guitar neck...

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• DONNIEP
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

Peek-a-boo

Well there goes the last of the respect Flamma had for you.

Comment

• TJMKID
                      Veteran
                      • Mar 2004

Act your age, dickhead !!

Comment

• cadaverdog
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Aug 2007

CAPTION THIS!

Are you gonna finish that hot dog?
                        Beware of Dog

Comment

• DONNIEP
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

CAPTION THIS!

Ed: It's true. I really am God.

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

You can go back as far as 1982 and listen to a shelved interview a drunken Eddie did over the phone that was recorded, where Ed basically says Mike is a creative non-entity, and even back then he bitched about the fact that Mike was getting an equal cut in the publishing. Ten years later, Ed and Al bitched some more about Anthony's publishing cut and Anthony actually agreed to a reduced royalty rate. Ten years after THAT, Anthony signed off on giving up more of his financial interests regarding licensing rights in order to participate in the 2004 tour.

I mean, as a reasonable person, one would like to think Ed's recent comments are shocking, but I suppose when you consider the dismissive treatment of Anthony by the Van Halens...shit, when they went as far as to swap Mike's original album cover photos for Wolfgang's several years back re: online depictions...Ed is just being true to his own odd sense of form.

You go one step beyond that, it explains the 'whatever' attitude Ed has to the fans. If he's willing to act this way toward a band member who was loyal to him for 30 years, it isn't so surprising that Ed demonstrated little interest in showing up for gigs in a playable condition in 2004 and 2008. Or spearheading a release of classic CVH video and audio. Or going with Roth full-bore in 1996. I still think the only reason the Van Halens capitulated and went with Roth in 2006 is that they had no options left in terms of remaining a viable commercial commodity, and the only reason Ed eventually cleaned up is that the band couldn't secure insurance and guarantees from promoters unless Ed got sober.

It all reflects what Roth once said, that without a guitar in his hands that Ed is just a crummy human being. Whenever he strays from a strategy of giving interviews to his house organ Guitar World (which will print whatever he says without question or critique), results like this happen.

In the grand scheme of things, though, this isn't 1996 all over again. Back then, Van Halen still had a shot at being something other than they've now become - something they would still be regardless of these latest comments or not, or even Anthony being part of the band or not - which is a greatest hits nostalgia act. And honestly, it's nothing short of amazing to a degree that Van Halen were even able to survive in the condition they are in today considering where the members were ten years ago: in 2006, I wouldn't have bet money that the band would still be able to go out and perform as well as they still can even in their current diminished capacity.
                            Last edited by Terry; 06-20-2015, 02:07 PM.
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I know that Ed has made the claim that Mike didn't write any of the material... plus Dave complained that Mike made more in royalty payments after VH renegotiated their contract with WB exclusive of Roth.

But all that bitching it just bullshit.

Nobody forced Ed, Al & Dave to sign off on an equal 4-way split in writing/publishing credits and royalty disbursements... No one. They all signed off willingly. If it was an issue in 1982 why weren't their contracts amended? 1985... again why weren't the contracts amended..? 1996..? BOV1..?

The only album Mike didn't get full writing credits was III... when Ed was too busy bromancing Cherone and living in a bottle.
                              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Jetstream
                                Foot Soldier
                                • Dec 2011

CAPTION THIS!

"Move that video camera higher so I know what the fuck I should be playing!"... oops, someone already suggested that but practice makes perfect lol
                                Last edited by Jetstream; 06-20-2015, 02:38 PM.
                                I got lost in the...

Comment

Working...