X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WARF
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
    @GregRenoff . Excerpt out of Sammy Hagar's book. Who's the liar. pic.twitter.com/rN9rIBMAQy— Debby Speelziek (@dspeelz) June 21, 2015
    That has NOTHING to do with degrading and publicly humiliating Mike, or Sammy defending him.

I'm still with Sam on this and every front man who spoke out against Ed. ( or non family member )

Comment

• VetteLS5
      Commando
      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Kristy
      Musicians are the most insane assholes on the planet. They live for ego and immoral impulses. Every god damn one of them fuck over human nature and want people to worship them for it on stage. Show me a musician and I'll show you someone with no fucking character.
      What about failed musicians?

Comment

• ZahZoo
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
        I can just imagine Sammy reading this to mikey
        To keep with tradition Sam would have to video it for Mikey...
        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by WARF
          That has NOTHING to do with degrading and publicly humiliating Mike, or Sammy defending him.

I'm still with Sam on this and every front man who spoke out against Ed. ( or non family member )

Who said it did?
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• VAiN
            Use my hand, I won't look
            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Jetstream
            He also said Dave needs to grow up and act his age
            This I agree with.. Dave has gotten weirder as time has moved forward. It's just weird & creepy for the most part.
            Originally posted by wiseguy
            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• DONNIEP
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

@GregRenoff . Excerpt out of Sammy Hagar's book. Who's the liar. pic.twitter.com/rN9rIBMAQy— Debby Speelziek (@dspeelz) June 21, 2015
              I'm sure Ed told Mike to play this and play that. He's a control freak and a jack off who wants everything to be done his way.

On a kinda related note, watched Crossroads last nite for the first time in maybe 20 years, after I'd come across an old video of Vai and Kenealy doing the duel in concert. I'll take Vai over Ed any day.
              American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Jetstream
                He also said Dave needs to grow up and act his age
                Never gonna happen. Dave's too busy doing that stupid lookin dance routine to grow up. Never mind the fact that he's beginning to rival Gary for Gayest Singer. Actually, his butt cheek spread may have topped Gary's Dance Of The Flaming Assholes.

Comment

• WARF
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Who said it did?
                  When did Sam say Mike wrote Van Halen lyrics?

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

When did Sam say Mike wrote Van Halen lyrics?

The phrase "He basically played on bass what Eddie would tell him" is the key part to me. I have no doubt the video camera aspect is at the very least embellished, if not blatantly lied by EVH, but obviously Sam knows at some level what Ed was talking about....

But I agree with you WARF, there was no reason to bash Mike like that, especially since Mike has always stayed above the fray of this bickering, and I have no problem with Sam defending him....

But his book confirms that maybe he was defending Mike just a bit too much, and that at least some of what EVH was saying had some truth to it....
                    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• vandeleur
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Sep 2009

Can't imagine Sam would use van halen to promote himself in any way shape or form .
                      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• DONNIEP
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

The phrase "He basically played on bass what Eddie would tell him" is the key part to me. I have no doubt the video camera aspect is at the very least embellished, if not blatantly lied by EVH, but obviously Sam knows at some level what Ed was talking about....

But I agree with you WARF, there was no reason to bash Mike like that, especially since Mike has always stayed above the fray of this bickering, and I have no problem with Sam defending him....

But his book confirms that maybe he was defending Mike just a bit too much, and that at least some of what EVH was saying had some truth to it....
                        Ed: No, no, no, play this bum buh bah and just keep doing that. And play that part like this."

I'd bet 100 American Dollars that's pretty much how it always went down. Mike was probably treated like an employee plus you got a drunk ass Ed in there all nite alone coming up with what he thinks should be changed and take this out and add that and I'd bet money that's what Ed did. So Mike shows up the next day and now Ed's telling him you gotta play this this way!

But that's not what the implication is here. Ed's implying that Mike can't play worth shit, doesn't know his instrument, can't come up with even the simplest bass line, and had to watch videos of Ed playing it all for him so he could sit and watch them over and over and over until he had it figured out. He's also running his stupid cock sucker saying Mike's voice isn't important, he can't sing, blah blah blah. In other words: Me, Me, Me, ME!! I was responsible for all of it EXCEPT the lyrics, which are so worthless to MY songs that I don't even recall any of them. Even though I've been listening to them for 137 years at ear shattering volumes, nite after nite after nite.

Mike didn't write songs. Big fuckin deal. Let's hear one of Al's little gems, Ed.

Comment

• WARF
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

I heard Mike wrote the lyrics for intruder....

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

I heard Mike wrote the lyrics for intruder....
                            I heard it was Spanish Fly

Comment

• Jetstream
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Dec 2011

I will say this. What really is twisted is Sam's video response. First, notice how dickhead says 'those guys' need to lay off of Mikey when it is Edward who said it. Yes, Sam is a dickhead because I do not believe one bit that this 'spontaneous' response of his (as he made sure to mention before his clip) really has anything for him caring about Anthony as much as his own selfish agenda to associate himself with Van Halen after Mr. Replacement singer is over a decade removed from his spurt with the group. This is the fucked up aspect of Van Halen, as most mention it is not a band. 'Van Halen' has become more of a entity they all use for notoriety in individual ways, but not as a group with one objective, namely the music. Sammy put that video out as a opportunity to benefit himself and that is what compounds the total suckish of this whole thing. But you know what, let these freaks all go after each other in the media because that is the only thing that is entertaining about them at the moment and seems to be the only thing they actually have passion about lol
                              Last edited by Jetstream; 06-21-2015, 11:36 AM.
                              I got lost in the...

Comment

• Kristy
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by VetteLS5
                                What about failed musicians?
                                Same thing. Diffy being failed musicians get no press. Which is a blessing.

Maybe Eddie will form a band with the members of Coldplay and call it PlayVan.

Comment

Working...