X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Typical music journalist bullshit here.

"The reasons Van Halen split with Anthony in 2006 are predictably complex -- it involves Anthony’s relationship with Hagar, his lack of contribution to the songwriting process and the fact that he did not phone when Eddie developed cancer (or when Eddie and Alex’s mother died). "
    How does this guy know any of that is true or not?

Is that what Ed said or is it from the internet or Sammy Hagar or Mike?

He presents it as a fact. It may even be true but sloppy as fuck journalism, at least he didn't quote the Hagar invented record sales...

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

As ever on the interweb there are some objectively incorrect comments never mind the poor taste people but I did like this one...

leed818 • 3 hours ago
      How sad and odd that anyone, let alone Eddie, never listens to music. It would have to be incredibly difficult to avoid music on a daily basis just from osmosis...let alone at one point he had a teenager in his house who surely was playing all sorts of stuff around him. (As well as his wives, ex-girlfriends, friends who put on tunes in the car, etc) On another note, I don't really care if he and Roth are or were ever friends. But it would be nice for him to once acknowledge the incredible melodies Dave put over his guitar tracks. (And thus, creating the all the VH songs we all know and love) I know that if I came up with those riffs and handed them off to a singer, and he came back with those melodies over my stuff I'd lose my mind with joy. How could he have not had the same reaction when time and time again Dave conjured up memorable hooks and lines over his riffs? And some of those riffs had to be a challenge to work with from a singers perspective. But not for Dave...Please Eddie, give the man some credit from time to time as your songwriting partner. A partner that helped give you a catalog of some of the most iconic and incredible hard rock songs ever put on tape.

Comment

• Jetstream
        Foot Soldier
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        This is pure Spinal Tap...
        Actually, this is very entertaining. Of course the drama queen Hagar destroys any good intentions by immediately coming out with a over the top video which has as much to do with him grasping with any connection to Van Halen as anything to do with Michael Anthony... and that last 'fuck you' to Edward was a brilliant way of keeping Roth at the mic for as long as Dave can put up with Ed, Hagar gets the dumb fuck award lol
        Last edited by Jetstream; 06-19-2015, 06:53 PM.
        I got lost in the...

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by DLR Bridge

Damn, Van Halen is like Game Of Thrones.
          But with fewer nice guys...

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
            I'm a'ight. Just need a few, 7, maybe 9 beers.
            you gotta try full size cans
            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
              Mr. Hagar has responded....

https://t.co/zxPn5kSlMO
              Mr Hagar angry about someone telling lies in an interview...?

Comment

• Jetstream
                Foot Soldier
                • Dec 2011

I want someone now from the Van Halen camp to respond to Hagar for saying "fuck you" to Edward... Wolf's moment has come for him to tell Hagar to fuck off and defend his dad so this episode in Van Halen can hit a whole new level of clusterfuck and keep me entertained
                I got lost in the...

Comment

• CVH Rulz
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jun 2005

Look what's become of my once favorite band.

Glad I have a new favorite band with a new album out in a couple weeks and hitting the road...life is good!!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Ed's comments are indefensible.

As usual his problem remains that he thinks it is a zero game. In order to reinforce his sons part in the band he thinks he has to put Anthony down in the same way when he wanted to support Hagar joining the band he thought he had to put Roth down.

It's a dumb strategy which was destructive and self defeating then and almost 30 years on he doesn't seem to have learned anything.

Comment

• vandeleur
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Sep 2009

So ed tells lies and Sammy tells er lies ..... And later on today it gets dark
                      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Where are you at the moment, Australia?

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          Where are you at the moment, Australia?
                          Er no, it gets dark later down south
                          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Jetstream
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Dec 2011

I really dig how stupid this thing is, even if Michael Anthony was slighted because just read this before his video introducing it:

"During an interview with Sammy someone read what Eddie said about Mikey in Billboard and here’s Sammy's spontaneous response that he wanted to share in defense of his brother."

My ass 'spontaneous' and the fact Hagar had to endorse it as so is a dead giveaway it was not spontaneous, because posting a spontaneous video just does not happen. Then we have his soap opera bad acting which is over the top with his facial pauses and fake ass walk away from the camera routine which is right out of bad acting reality TV 101. Michael Anthony might be a good guy or not, because I do not know the guy but he is also a big pussy because he cannot defend himself and the whole 'high road' routine does not justify his lack of speaking up for himself. Then we have Hagar calling him Mikey and then making one want to vomit with his whole 'brother' routine. This really is the best thing to ever happen to Roth if he cares to stay in Van Halen, that 'fuck you' to Edward guarantees that even in the dysfunctional band called Van Halen, Sam will never be part of Van Halen again and that I can celebrate
                            I got lost in the...

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Hagar just keeps digging himself a hole. Later in the summer there will be a "I'd go back to VH" blurb by him somewhere, and he won't admit to remembering why Ed doesn't want anything to do with him.
                              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• CVH Rulz
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Jun 2005

Great!

trend.jpg

Comment

Working...